• Nigel Adkins has been given the Tranmere job on a permanent basis signing until the end of the 25/26 season. Continue the discussion here.

new fan park

Player
aldo
ohhhh i am not saying the trust serves crap, they seem to be working better than the rest of the club on certain things at the moment, we know mark and Nicky have loads of ideas going but they need to focus a little more on whats going on in the club rant over

Player
aldo
new bonds to raise the final 200k, now I thought they had raised all they needed I am assuming the costs have gone up and also they have prob had to pay for planning perms

bigmart

bigmart
Player
Ian Muir
new bonds to raise the final 200k, now I thought they had raised all they needed I am assuming the costs have gone up and also they have prob had to pay for planning perms
Coat of materials gone up considerably

Player
Alan King, Barry Dyson
While I agree with most of the political points made on this forum, it's probably best we stick to football in general and Rovers in particular, with just the odd interesting observation about other topics.

This is a TRFC forum, after all. And this thread is about a fan park. However, also thinking about Brexit, Boris and antivaxers just makes me angry - which is not good. I am always passionate about Rovers, but never angry. The nearest I ever got to angry was the demotion, but with football there is always another year. With Brexit costing the UK a fortune and Boris's policies and the antivaxers' views costing lives and threatening mine, it's far more serious.

There, I've broken my own rule. I promise now to shut up.

Player
aldo
looking forward to having a few pints in our AMAZING new fan park that will be the best in the country

Player
Ged Brennan, Big Steve McNulty,
Manager
Mickey Mellon, Johnny King.
Just who believes that our great support is being asked again to cough up nearly a quarter of a million pound's?, after Christmas, season ticket opens for next season early, cost of living, and so on including brexit.
is this for real?
This is Birkenhead, not Buckingham!

Player
Jason Koumas / John Morrissey
Manager
John King
Just who believes that our great support is being asked again to cough up nearly a quarter of a million pound's?, after Christmas, season ticket opens for next season early, cost of living, and so on including brexit.
is this for real?
It is almost certainly local businesses and wealthy individuals that will provide the additional funds.

Ian

Super White!
Admin
Player
Aldo
Manager
Kingy
No-one is forced to put their hand in their pocket KH. What would you prefer? A club pre Palios that was dead from the inside sinking fast or the club now that is moving in the right direction, coming up with initiatives and ways of making the club money and generally doing good things in the community. Sometimes you cannot win with supporters.

bigmart

bigmart
Player
Ian Muir
is this for real?
Nobody has to put money in, the fan park will benefit the club enormously once in place and will be a great place to go

Player
Ged Brennan, Big Steve McNulty,
Manager
Mickey Mellon, Johnny King.
No-one is forced to put their hand in their pocket KH. What would you prefer? A club pre Palios that was dead from the inside sinking fast or the club now that is moving in the right direction, coming up with initiatives and ways of making the club money and generally doing good things in the community. Sometimes you cannot win with supporters.

I am not going to give a long explanation, I just don't believe them, the way some supporters do.
and without the financial invested by outside sources, we would certainly not be in a good place, financially.
football within our leagues, need extra investment to be competitive.And the paloi, just don't have that.
once the fan park is in place and vying for revenue on match day, weddings, and so on, the persistent low class experiences of the last few years has led to lost revenue in the catering.
the hotel they bought, and had to sell, again blaming covid, but having to cancel do's and very low occupency, and dreadful service, it was a white elephant!
Most supporters only look at first team, but, where is the plan for the first team?, never mind no resererves, no academy, only a college, which has yet to produce a youngster, no reserves and not many, a few on more than one year deals.
You only have to remember the deals we had to wait to the last day of the window to get a squad and how many of our targets went to other clubs. Let's see if we get some class to further our promotion bid or like many seaons before the paloi, mediocrity in league two. Let us see what January brings!
The biggest fear for me, is in every conversation with the paloi, it starts and ends with money.
They are running the club as if it is in receivership, they cannot cut much more without starving the first team budget, I am all in favour of running a tight ship, but they have gone too far, it is showing in all aspects of the business, standards have dropped dramatically,. Unfortunately, they do not have the financial clout to push the club further with the staff necessary to improve what is on offer. It's poor and getting worse. Me seat has bird shot in it, for the last three games, In December! Where are the volunteers? I have tweeted my seat number to the club, but nowt has been done. And I'm not holding my breath to expect any different for the next game, v scunny!

Ian

Super White!
Admin
Player
Aldo
Manager
Kingy
We don’t have a billionaire owner so money is relevantly tight but they trying to make the club self sustainable. It’s not perfect but you have to be realistic about expectations. I ask you again, would you prefer this or how it was pre-Palios?

If bird muck on your seat is a major gripe for you they can’t be doing that bad a job!

Player
aldo
me and my wife both got Xmas bonuses, and have agreed to put £500 into the fan park, we love the club and have not been in over 3 years due to the virus and work patterns, we normally get SWA2 season tickets but this time we are doing this and the money we get back we will give to the club,happy Christmas rovers

bigmart

bigmart
Player
Ian Muir
me and my wife both got Xmas bonuses, and have agreed to put £500 into the fan park, we love the club and have not been in over 3 years due to the virus and work patterns, we normally get SWA2 season tickets but this time we are doing this and the money we get back we will give to the club,happy Christmas rovers
Well done AM top effort that.

Player
Ian Goodison
Manager
Johnny King
KH, always thought the old adage was that it’s good luck to be shat on from a great height. Take a wet wipe for that bird muck; cheap as chips and work wonders (so cheap, even the ”Paloi” might get on board :)). Alternatively, volunteer with your own hawk to scare off the pigeons pre-match; you could take a catapult for those lulls in the game to target the guilty critters.
Back down to earth, I’m content with the direction the club’s heading in. There’s plenty of clubs at out level and even above that’d snap our hands off for the shrewd guardianship that we have; yes, nothing’s perfect, but they’re not crooks, cowboys or con artists that exist or have existed elsewhere. I’d recommend giving them a modicum of credence..