• Nigel Adkins has been given the Tranmere job on a permanent basis signing until the end of the 25/26 season. Continue the discussion here.

new fan park

Player
Ged Brennan, Big Steve McNulty,
Manager
Mickey Mellon, Johnny King.
Its a trust project on tranmere land, with the backing of the board of whom, there are two trust members, one being Ben Harrison. Whose contacts and his business that is driving sales of his products.
Of course the club will get a sizeable chunk of the profits. Not the trust or its members.
There is a lot of supporters money involved including mine, and i hope that this is used for getting some decent players, not the money to pay for other projects!
First team squad first!

Player
Manager
That won't be an issue
Why?
For the concerts, the then CEO canvessed enough locals to satisify the council and the licensing panel.
With a new facility, the necessary licenses for alcohol and entertainment are required.
The club has been in trouble from the council and neighbours before!

Player
Jason Koumas / John Morrissey
Manager
John King
Why?
For the concerts, the then CEO canvessed enough locals to satisify the council and the licensing panel.
With a new facility, the necessary licenses for alcohol and entertainment are required.
The club has been in trouble from the council and neighbours before!
Because the existing fan park already has an alcohol licence, so the new facility will be granted one for the same hours as a minimum.

Player
Manager
Because the existing fan park already has an alcohol licence, so the new facility will be granted one for the same hours as a minimum.
Being picky here!
Won't the new fan park be doing mid week functions, weddings, business meetings, parties, (Boris said so, but you are to deny it!) And so on? And minimum just wont cover it, especially for late hours opening?

Player
aldo
the club do midweek functions they know what they are doing, and the fact it will be further away from the Locals and soundproofed that's what the trust are doing so the argument that it will annoy the Locals will not happen also it will provide jobs for locals also that's it in a nut shell

Player
Jason Koumas / John Morrissey
Manager
John King
Being picky here!
Won't the new fan park be doing mid week functions, weddings, business meetings, parties, (Boris said so, but you are to deny it!) And so on? And minimum just wont cover it, especially for late hours opening?
I would be amazed if we have not sounded out the Council regarding the use of the facility on non-matchdays. Equally, I would be amazed if the Council gave planning permission without an understanding of how the facility will be used on weekdays.

ONIGP

Player
Eddie Bishop
Being picky here!
What's Boris got to do with this? It's a local decision. Are the club/trust stupid enough to have progressed this without a proper plan in place? I would be shocked if not! It seems like you are trying to turn a positive initiative into a negative.

Player
aldo
seen a picture of the £4 pound hotdogs the club sell they look crap, I have heard of substandard food at the club christ it does not take much to do things right and if you do then your profits go up that gives you more to put back into the club, I do think some have taken their eye off the ball at times, I just look at the golf club 5 years ago when I started there most of the foodstuffs was brought oo=in frozen within 6 months I had 96% of the stuff homemade, the amount of repeat business we have and they love it, put it another way I make my own burgers that in total cost £1 to make they are huge and we sell them for just over £7 with chips and brioche bun, at the club, you could do the same for £5.50, stuff like fish & chips for £9,95 done fresh easy to do and at 70% GP would make a killing at the club if done right, then you could have Thai green curry tasty and again easy to do, and that's just some of what we do now

Player
Alan King, Barry Dyson
seen a picture of the £4 pound hotdogs the club sell they look crap, I have heard of substandard food at the club christ it does not take much to do things right and if you do then your profits go up that gives you more to put back into the club, I do think some have taken their eye off the ball at times, I just look at the golf club 5 years ago when I started there most of the foodstuffs was brought oo=in frozen within 6 months I had 96% of the stuff homemade, the amount of repeat business we have and they love it, put it another way I make my own burgers that in total cost £1 to make they are huge and we sell them for just over £7 with chips and brioche bun, at the club, you could do the same for £5.50, stuff like fish & chips for £9,95 done fresh easy to do and at 70% GP would make a killing at the club if done right, then you could have Thai green curry tasty and again easy to do, and that's just some of what we do now
Most food at football grounds is c**p. If I knew I'd get a homemade pie or burger I might be tempted and would pay a bit more. The trouble is that people get used to poor food and just accept it. I'd love the club to have a reputation for good quality fare. It looks like the beer will improve in the fan park, so why not the food?

Player
aldo
well in have put it to the club and invited mark and Nicola to come for some of our food, with MM going to be a member soon too we can only try, also thinking abt it the food at the hotel went downhill over the last year or so b4 it closed when it takes me 1 hour to make 300 burgers it doesn't take long to do things right but as the saying says if you pay peanuts you get monkeys, I have always said I would love to help the club I have worked there when PJ and corfe had the club and was not great to work for but would love to help them out

Player
Manager
well in have put it to the club and invited mark and Nicola to come for some of our food, with MM going to be a member soon too we can only try, also thinking abt it the food at the hotel went downhill over the last year or so b4 it closed when it takes me 1 hour to make 300 burgers it doesn't take long to do things right but as the saying says if you pay peanuts you get monkeys, I have always said I would love to help the club I have worked there when PJ and corfe had the club and was not great to work for but would love to help them out
The club had a fine chef, maybe another, since about 2014, when after two seasons in the national league, the club offered the chef a new. He declined because the wage was such, that he couldnt afford to work there, the other thing he mentioned was the quality of food, mostly frozen and unacceptable in a restaurant, there was cutbacks on staff and a new chef who also worked mainly as a front of house. Often food was cold or overcooked, waiting times, service, declined that some regulars never came back.
The number of staff in and around the catering side, has changed so much, every game, their is new staff and have to learn on the job, the club have been advertising for staff for months now. And cannot for many reasons, fill the number of vacancies.
I agree with AM, the cutting of corners and quality, doesnt bode for good customer practice. But it is nothing new at the club.
I used to book a table in the platinum when it was refurbished. But my custom has been withdrawn due to it became increasingly difficult to justify the cost for a substandard service. I know have a season ticket for a main stand seat, Beb end. And i cannot eat or drink in there either!

Player
aldo
but as I said it doesn't take much and is easy to do and it annoys me so much the trust work so hard it is so fkn daft to serve shit to fans, my burgers would cost £200 to make 1000 that at £6.95 would make just under £7k you do the maths also to make 200 portions of pea and ham soup is less than £30 and would get one £1000 I could make Thai green curry for £30 that would make over 300 portions and again over 1k profit that's how easy it is and it is bloody darn good food, we also do really good Vegan and veggie food all fresh,,its not rocket science,also I have had no reply from the club I am starting to wonder if they might sell up sooner rather than later