• Nigel Adkins has been given the Tranmere job on a permanent basis signing until the end of the 25/26 season. Continue the discussion here.

Moore it is then

• Thread starter championship_here_we_come
  • Start date
C

championship_here_we_come

link

Tranmere Rovers have today appointed Ronnie Moore as their new First Team Manager.
Chairman Lorraine Rogers said: "The Board of Directors are delighted Ronnie has agreed to become our Manager as he was our first choice for the position.
"He was the only candidate with experience of League One and the Championship and who had managed a team to promotion out of our division."

B

Barmy_Army

Ronnie Moore is Rovers Manager

Ronnie Moore has been confirmed as Tranmere's new manager. About bloomin' time they sorted it out

nomur

Still The Irish Rover
Player
Power!
This is great. I honestly thought with the World Cup starting today they wouldn't announce until after the weekend.

I'm made up. At least we can start preparing for next season and maybe bring some new blood in.

=D> =D> =D>

S

Seanyb

He was nevere first choice as LR claims. Im personally guuted, I wish we got Matin allen. But if Moore does the job then i'll support him all the way

Cow Shed Kid

Player
Bobby Hutchinson
I'm with you nomur. Excellent choice and I'm sure he will get the backing of the vast majority of the supporters. Martin Allen didn't really get me too excited.....great motivator but his teams have always been route one and physical. Time to get my promotion bets on!!!

Joe_TRFC

'Midfield General'
Player
Nevin
I'm pleased with this appointment and he will get my full backing... what he has to say on Tranmere world makes for interesting listening... He said he's going to bring in around 10 players and they may include a couple of strikers (bye bye Delroy as Ronnie got shut of him at Oldham), a couple of wide men and a couple of centre halfs. Says he prefers 442 but we have to be adaptable. He wants to bring the good times back and get gates up to 9 or 10 thousand. He said don't be suprised to see new faces in quite sharpish!

C

championship_here_we_come

a new forward to partner greenacre
and wingers to supply them chances
greenacre for top scorer in the league next season considering he scored 16 is a side where he got no service

NeverBeatDaveHiggins

Superwhite
Mods
A man who knows how football is supposed to be played and who knows and understands TRFC. The polar opposite of Brian Little in that regard.

We know all about Ronnie and he knows all about us.

He's determined and motivated easily as much as the other candidates who were mentioned as being good motivators, so any younger supporters who were hoping for Allen purely to give any waste-of-space players a boot up the backside, don't worry Ronnie will I'm sure display his ability to handle players.

Delighted. The best news I've heard in ages.

M

Matthew The Rover

Having been firstly a little dissapointed with the decision, I have had time to reflect on it and I'm now very pleased.

He'll do well with this club, he loves us, will try 110% and whether he fails or does well, we will know he's always doing his best, which couldnt be said for Little.

Good luck Ronald!

P

Prenton

When we had an idea of who was in the mix for the job my prefered choice was Allen so i was disappointed when i saw that it wasn't Allen, however that's not to say i was dissappointed to see Ronnie get the job especially after hearing his plans on Tranmere World in the press conference.

Oh yeah Matthew I took your arcade trophy off you mate. Ha Ha

S

slawlane

Being totally honest i'm not happy, i am definately willing to give ronnie a chance but after the huge delay who was going to be manager it only leads me to believe they club were only postponing the managerial spot because they witnessed how well season tickets were selling when the speculations about who was the manager to be caused such excitement. I was totally set on gettin mad dog it appeared he was on holiday and would sort things out when he came back, but it appears to me that it was all a gimmick so that season ticket sales could be stretched further. It also was rumoured that Lorraine had fallen out with martin allen, suprise suprise, as long as she's down on her knees for peter johnson, she wont leave, if everyone hates you at your job, you dont try and push it out. Ronnie seems like another pensioner who hasnt got the balls to get in players faces to motivate them, apparantly his dissaplinary record is poor, sounds like another Brian Little. Proove me wrong Ronnie Please

NeverBeatDaveHiggins

Superwhite
Mods
slawlane said:
Ronnie seems like another pensioner who hasnt got the balls to get in players faces to motivate them
Pensioner at 53? Tripe. Any younger and people would complain about lack of experience.

mooreronnier5fm.jpg

nomur

Still The Irish Rover
Player
Power!
And while we're on the subject of pictures. Check out this classic. It's about time we had a manager with a bit of personality again. Brighten the place up again.....

ronnie_ladies_470_470x352.jpg

Ian

Super White!
Admin
Player
Aldo
Manager
Kingy
Delighted with the appointment. Knows the club better than anyone. Has a great track record at these levels. Looking forward to the season ahead..

nomur

Still The Irish Rover
Player
Power!
I trust you'll be removing Mr Little & Mr Roberts from the site banner in preperation for the season ahead Ian?

:lol::lol:

og in oz

think its great news, ronnie was a great player, full of passion and could score goals, hopefully he can turn some of the team into moulds of himself and bring back the glory days

DixieDean

nomur said:
I trust you'll be removing Mr Little & Mr Roberts from the site banner in preperation for the season ahead Ian?

and you can get rid of Harrison while your at it :lol:

Ian

Super White!
Admin
Player
Aldo
Manager
Kingy
nomur said:

I'm telling you, that banner is a curse! I've had to change it twice before because everyone I put on there, leaves the club! I honestly think it's better just to leave it blank. Then again, if I put players such as Facey and Jackson up there, maybe it'll work in our favour! :whistle:

Hehe, yes, I'll be changing the banner before the season starts, just waiting to see who Ronnie brings in..