• Nigel Adkins has been given the Tranmere job on a permanent basis signing until the end of the 25/26 season. Continue the discussion here.

League Two Hartlepool v Rovers

Match result

• Hartlepool

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Draw

Votes: 2 25.0%
  • Tranmere

Votes: 6 75.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Hartlepool v Rovers
Posted by Ian
Victoria Park
Tuesday, August 16, 2022 - 07:45 PM
Until: Tuesday, August 16, 2022 - 10:00 PM
(Adjusted for timezone: Europe/London)
Categories

Upcoming dates
All times have been adjusted for the timezone: Europe/London

This event has expired and has no upcoming dates

Boz

Player
Iain Hume
Pools have had the better chances and maybe should have put one of them away. Some good play in and around the box from Rovers, but only an effort from McAlear on target, that at a comfortable height for the keeper. Ref seemed a bit of a homer.

bigmart

bigmart
Player
Ian Muir
Nevitt should really have scored but hits his shot wide, they really are there for the taking, hugely frustrating if we don't best these

Ian

Super White!
Admin
Player
Aldo
Manager
Kingy
Another good chance for Nevitt goes way wide.. we've had some chances but been wasteful with them. We are still pushing forward though so still time.

bigmart

bigmart
Player
Ian Muir
Hawkes for Turnbull, head injury of some sorts

Ian

Super White!
Admin
Player
Aldo
Manager
Kingy
Another chance for McAlear, well over the bar. Brilliant run from Bristow to set it up.

bigmart

bigmart
Player
Ian Muir
Hemmings appears to be playing in a 3 behind Mumbongo instead of alongside him

bigmart

bigmart
Player
Ian Muir
Pretty decent performance in parts, played some good football but lacked composure in front of goal but first point on the road though against such a poor team it's 2 points dropped

Sparky

Player
Chris Greenacre
2 points dropped. 13 shots with 6 on target with the hosts having 7 shots and 1 on target. Despite the gillingham win we still need more goals

Ian

Super White!
Admin
Player
Aldo
Manager
Kingy
Definately. Should have won that, but lacked composure in front of goal. Still a point away from home and unbeaten in three.

Player
Jason Koumas / John Morrissey
Manager
John King
I thought it was a good performance. It is frustrating not to win the game, but we clearly had the greater quality and composure which is encouraging. As on Saturday, the midfield trio controlled the game and Merrie in particular was excellent.

The best chance was probably Nevitt's in the second half on his left foot, which he simply should have buried. It was a feeble effort in the end. However, Elliott's movement was good and caused them problems, whereas Mumbongo made little impact when he came on.

I thought the centre halves were excellent in the first half, but Jameson struggled a bit when we switched to a back four.

Man of the match was probably between Merrie and Bristow, who was brilliant again both defensively and going forward. Credit also to Doohan for the one v one save in the first half.

bigmart

bigmart
Player
Ian Muir
Mumbongo didn't look anywhere near fit to me, had no impact when he came on, not sure I would've switched system when Turnbull went off

Player
Manager
John King
Mumbongo didn't look anywhere near fit to me, had no impact when he came on, not sure I would've switched system when Turnbull went off
Yes, we did not look as effective in midfield after the formation change. I think Mellon wanted to avoid having two youngsters in the back three when Turnbull went off.

Sparky

Player
Chris Greenacre
We’re in desperate need for a striker. Nevitt will get the odd goal but not enough. Mumbongo hasn’t impressed me yet and doesn’t sound fit at all. That just leaves Hemmings who hasn’t scored in the four games since Stevenage so we badly need more

Player
Manager
John King
We’re in desperate need for a striker. Nevitt will get the odd goal but not enough. Mumbongo hasn’t impressed me yet and doesn’t sound fit at all. That just leaves Hemmings who hasn’t scored in the four games since Stevenage so we badly need more
I am not sure we are that desperate. We scored five goals in the previous two games, but Hemmings had a really quiet evening tonight and none of the chances fell to him. I am more encouraged that the football tonight was much better than the stuff we produced away from home last season.

I am sure another body will arrive before the end of the month.

Sparky

Player
Chris Greenacre
Perhaps desperate was too strong a word but we need a fit striker to come in and add some competiton. Hopefully soon as lots of games coming up.

drwhoman

Perhaps desperate was too strong a word but we need a fit striker to come in and add some competiton. Hopefully soon as lots of games coming up.
I agree. Nevitt will never score enough goals however hard he tries.

frenchrover

Player
aldo
Simply not good enough upfront, total lack of composure when chances offered. MOM by a country mile.....Bristow, and that sums up our attacking threat

Player
Manager
John King
I don't think there is anything wrong with our creativity and attacking threat. Merrie, McAlear and both wing backs played well again tonight, and Hawkes did ok when he came on and had a couple of decent chances. A finish was lacking tonight, but we scored five in the previous two matches.

Sparky

Player
Chris Greenacre
Early days but another winnable game on Saturday at second to bottom Newport who lost at home to Salford tonight.