• Nigel Adkins has been given the Tranmere job on a permanent basis signing until the end of the 25/26 season. Continue the discussion here.

League Two Hartlepool v Rovers

Match result

• Hartlepool

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Draw

Votes: 2 25.0%
  • Tranmere

Votes: 6 75.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Hartlepool v Rovers
Posted by Ian
Victoria Park
Tuesday, August 16, 2022 - 07:45 PM
Until: Tuesday, August 16, 2022 - 10:00 PM
(Adjusted for timezone: Europe/London)
Categories

Upcoming dates
All times have been adjusted for the timezone: Europe/London

This event has expired and has no upcoming dates

Ian

Super White!
Admin
Player
Aldo
Manager
Kingy
Rovers travel north on Tues night for a meeting with The Pool who have struggled to find their feet this season. They got thumped 4-0 by Walsall on the opening day, drew at home to AFC Wimbledon, got beat 4-0 by Blackburn in the EFL cup and lost 2-1 to Northampton on Saturday.

They will be looking for their first win of the season. However Rovers will travel up in buoyant mood after the excellent 3-0 win against Gillingham on Saturday and now the squad is settling down and looking dangerous I expect Rovers to cause them problems.

bigmart

bigmart
Player
Ian Muir
This will be interesting to see how we play, hopefully we will be posative and pass it around well, I'm going for a draw 1 1.

ALDO MUSSY

Player
ALDO
Manager
KINGY
2-0 or 3-0 with the goals spread just be nice to put the away form to bed and have a good go

Boz

Player
Iain Hume
If we're sticking with the same formation, as seems likely, then think we should keep to the same starting xi, if they're available. It sounded like playing Turnbull v Gillingham was a bit of a gamble, though one that paid off. I note that Chris Merrie was the supporters MoM for that game, so deserves another chance. Pools have a new manager and like ourselves a number of new players, they haven't got off to a great start and it's probably a good time to be playing them. Hopefully a more positive experience than last season's 1-0 defeat decided by a Peter Clarke og.

Reactions: Ian

Higgy

Player
Dave Higgins
Good to see Merrie have good debut, albeit a few other contenders.

Player
Jason Koumas / John Morrissey
Manager
John King
I think it will be the same team as Saturday, as Mellon won't change the side after a 3-0 victory. Personally, I would bring O'Connor back into the team in place of Merrie in the medium term, but that is a debate for another day.

Hartlepool lost several of their better players over the summer, including our own Neil Byrne, and have had a very poor start to the season as Ian states. I think they are likely to struggle this year, and even accounting for the inconsistencies we may have with our young squad, I will be disappointed if we don't take something from the game.

I will be Ifollowing it from sunny Penzance.

Higgy

Player
Dave Higgins
I think it will be the same team as Saturday, as Mellon won't change the side after a 3-0 victory. Personally, I would bring O'Connor back into the team in place of Merrie in the medium term, but that is a debate for another day.

Hartlepool lost several of their better players over the summer, including our own Neil Byrne, and have had a very poor start to the season as Ian states. I think they are likely to struggle this year, and even accounting for the inconsistencies we may have with our young squad, I will be disappointed if we don't take something from the game.

I will be Ifollowing it from sunny Penzance.
Sensible to bring O'Connor back. Hopefully Merrie can get confidence and push on from his recent start and provide competition for that role.

Player
Jason Koumas / John Morrissey
Manager
John King
1660672008780.png

bigmart

bigmart
Player
Ian Muir
Any more injuries then we are struggling to fill the bench, we really could do with getting a few more players in and a few back from injury.

Outoftowner

Player
Chris Merrie
Manager
Micky Mellon
Sensible to bring O'Connor back. Hopefully Merrie can get confidence and push on from his recent start and provide competition for that role.
Don’t agree - based on Saturday it should me Merrie - who deserves a chance to show what he can do in his actual position !

Ian

Super White!
Admin
Player
Aldo
Manager
Kingy
Some good play for Rovers here, passing it around really well. Hartlepools initial 5-min flurry seems to have petered out. Come on Rovers!

Ian

Super White!
Admin
Player
Aldo
Manager
Kingy
Hastie though on goal, Doohan makes a great save.

Higgy

Player
Dave Higgins
Don’t agree - based on Saturday it should me Merrie - who deserves a chance to show what he can do in his actual position !
I'm a big fan of Merrie and half hoped he'd start tbh. Didn't have a massive preference either way as I rate both. But could understand the sense/logic in bringing O'Connor back as suggested by RLC. Equally I take your point Merrie did enough to expect he should keep the shirt. Btw in previous posts I've been a big advocate for Merrie.

Reactions: Boz

Sparky

Player
Chris Greenacre
0-0 at the break. Despite Saturday I still think we need more goals in the squad. Hopefully one will come second half

bigmart

bigmart
Player
Ian Muir
Played well in parts but not created enough so far against a pretty poor team, Doohan made an excellent save.
If we can push on more and be more creative the points are there for the taking.