• Nigel Adkins has been given the Tranmere job on a permanent basis signing until the end of the 25/26 season. Continue the discussion here.

League Two Gillingham (1) v Rovers (1)

Match result

• Gillls

Votes: 3 60.0%
  • Draw

Votes: 2 40.0%
  • Rovers

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Gillingham (1) v Rovers (1)
Posted by Ian
Priestfield Stadium
Saturday, March 9, 2024 - 03:00 PM
Until: Saturday, March 9, 2024 - 05:00 PM
(Adjusted for timezone: Europe/London)
Categories

Upcoming dates
All times have been adjusted for the timezone: Europe/London

This event has expired and has no upcoming dates

Sparky

Player
Chris Greenacre
A long trip down south for rovers this Saturday as we seek to improve our dismal away record. Despite a Tuesday night defeat at Barrow the Gills are in decent form under ex spurs midfielder Stephen Clemence and sit just outside the play offs but level on points with 7th place Walsall.

Gilligham are well backed financially and have good players at this level. Up top the likes of ex Crawley man Nadesan knows where the goal is and target man Ollie Hawkins once of Mansfield can be a handful. They also have real quality in ex Exeter midfielder Dieng.

As for rovers if everyone is again fit then I’m expecting a similar line up to the Sutton game, although if he’s had another full week of training it may be worth giving Luke Norris a start although Nigel then has to decide what to do with Connor Jennings. Perhaps put him on the left in place of Morris.

Prediction: another away defeat

bigmart

bigmart
Player
Ian Muir
Although they don't score that many I expect them to beat us and will go for another defeat 2 1.

I just hope the team doesn’t feel the season is now petering out, like I do!

If we match their hunger I think we can get something. Optimistic head says 1-1.

ONIGP

Player
Eddie Bishop
level on points with 7th place Walsall.
Wow, I didn't realise how Walsall had flown up the table. It only seems a few weeks ago that we were nip and tuck with them around 15th place.

dollar'sbloke

Player
morrissey
Manager
king
Looking at the league they need a win, which may help us. I'd play Norris and look to Saunders coming on late to replace him, adding a different problem. Nothing worse than an arm wrestle followed by a whippet.
2-2

Sparky

Player
Chris Greenacre
Yes a mo
Wow, I didn't realise how Walsall had flown up the table. It only seems a few weeks ago that we were nip and tuck with them around 15th place.
Yes a month or two ago we were in similar positions in the table and they’ve won 5 on the bounce

Player
Ged Brennan, Big Steve McNulty,
Manager
Mickey Mellon, Johnny King.
Sitting on the fence 0-0!
It just feels a long time until the start of the new season.

Ian

Super White!
Admin
Player
Aldo
Manager
Kingy
We are away and really have nothing to play for. Defeat.

Player
Jason Koumas / John Morrissey
Manager
John King
It sounds like there are one or two knocks from Adkin's interview, and the squad will be rotated again in the coming week.

Boz

Player
Iain Hume
Of the 3 games coming up, arguably this is the most winnable against a side whose form has dipped recently, although that is partly a reflection of how difficult the next games are. I hope that Nigel puts out a stronger and more balanced line up than the recent Swindon fixture. I'd be delighted to get anything from this game.

Player
Alan King, Barry Dyson
I’m still away so will yet again miss the chance to visit one of my local clubs. Let’s hope they stay down so I can go next season.

It’s often been said this season that the result will depend on which Rovers team turn up, referring to their mindset. In this case, it may depend on which players Nigel picks. Swindon was an avoidable car crash. I don’t mind squad rotation as long as it’s not 180 degrees.

With the right team - balanced, fully fit and hungry - I feel we could win this.

Last edited:

Am on mobile

Player
Muir
Manager
King
I just get the feeling some of the team might be on the e beach. Knowing the season is over and nothing to play for

Ian

Super White!
Admin
Player
Aldo
Manager
Kingy
Or rested.

Boz

Player
Iain Hume
Hawkes doesn't feature anywhere either, would expect if neither Josh nor Kieron injured then at least one of them would be somewhere in the squad.

Whether by accident or design it's got a very Swindon feel to this line-up.

Ian

Super White!
Admin
Player
Aldo
Manager
Kingy
Wow, what a start. Hendry in off the post.

Ian

Super White!
Admin
Player
Aldo
Manager
Kingy
Apter having a field day. Got loads of space to run at their defence.

Sparky

Player
Chris Greenacre
Sounds like we’re playing well but need to score again

Ian

Super White!
Admin
Player
Aldo
Manager
Kingy
Good half from Rovers. Gillingham slowly growing into the game but I've been impressed with Rovers. Positive going forward, solid in defence. I think Merrie is making a difference in midfield.