• Nigel Adkins has been given the Tranmere job on a permanent basis signing until the end of the 25/26 season. Continue the discussion here.

FA Cup v Wolves

Status
Not open for further replies.

bigmart

bigmart
Player
Ian Muir
its live on the fa website and the club get seventy two thousand pounds for it so although not ideal the extra income will be handy.

SonkORLY?

Player
Eddy Sonko
boss kick off time tha

72 grand eh? cue "PJ is gonna buy himself a nice new car" etc...

Boz

Player
Iain Hume
I'm expecting to be away in Wales, so will miss whenever. I presume someone's done the sums and the money that we gain outweighs the fall in crowd. At that time of night, I wouldn't anticipate more than 7k. On balance, would prefer the game to be played at a more normal time, even if it results in less financial gain.

SonkORLY?

Player
Eddy Sonko
On balance, would prefer the game to be played at a more normal time, even if it results in less financial gain.

How come?...

Boz

Player
Iain Hume
Bigger crowd, more of an atmosphere, better experience of a cup tie, especially for some of the younger fans who weren't around in the "glory years". Plus if we have a fairly full PP and the crowd getting behind the team, then there's a better chance of an upset, which would generate more money for the club.

bigmart

bigmart
Player
Ian Muir
i dout there wouldbe more than eight thousand if it was on 3pm on the saturday. They will bring the 2500 or so with the tickets we give them, i cant see there being a substantial number of home fans.

Player
Clint Hill
sunday night a great time if it was a saturday i would'nt be able to go i think there will be a bigger gate .plus we always play better at night.

Ally

Player
Aldo
Am I alone (or deluded) in thinking we might actually get a crowd of 9-10k for this? I'm planning on making the trip, but sadly not with 3,000 of my mates to bump the crowd up a little. I only know about 5 people, and 2 of them are under the age of 6.

bigmart

bigmart
Player
Ian Muir
i cant see there being more than 8000 whether it was saturday afternoon or sunday evening as is the case.

Boz

Player
Iain Hume
Agreed, but the attendance will be significantly reduced by being played Sunday night.

Player
Johnny Morrissey
I've managed to change my shift at work to be able to go. Lets hope the pitch isn't frozen or waterlogged so we get the pennies off the FA for showing the game.

Wolves fans may not be flush after last night! Spending £42 to watch their reserves, they didn't seem best pleased. Don't blame them either really. But they will likely fill the sheds I would imagine.

A crowd of around 7500-8000 I'd suggest realistically.

Gray

Player
Ian Goodison... who else!
I was going to make the trip up for this one, not so sure now it's been moved to Sunday, back at work Monday morning :cry:

NeverBeatDaveHiggins

Superwhite
Mods
My excitement level is building on this one.. Wolves having not the best time of it lately having played the top teams in the Premier League recently... so I guess their main focus will be survival. At the end of the day it's a david vs goliath situation, they are two leagues above us but as far as the player budgets and size of the clubs are concerned it could be 10 leagues!

And yet this has historically been the kind of game where we come out and do ourselves proud. Even if we don't pull off a giant-killing, we always seem to raise our game and do well against top division sides.

I'm just starting to maybe believe that a result is possible!!! Come on you white men!

DIW

Player
Goodison
A result is possible. Another possible scenario is, whatever the result, Taylor has a blinder and is at Wolves by the end of January.
Probably for peanuts.

Player
Johnny Morrissey
Mick McCarthy has said he will play his big guns (well, his best team anyway), so should be an interesting match, and a really good test for our players against a good team.

Look forward to watching the likes of Doyle and Kightly as I've not watched them live as yet and have admired them on the telly, be interesting to see if they're as good in the flesh. Kightly for England possibilities I thought, did really well for U21.

Hopefully we have a full squad to choose from. Zoom, McLaren (although may not be too sad if he doesn't make it) and John Welsh took knocks but Les thinks they should be fit to play. Let's give them a good game, and if they have an off day maybe we can get a positive result. I believe we can!

Ian

Super White!
Admin
Player
Aldo
Manager
Kingy
Like Les says, as long as the lads put in a good performance, we can't ask for more than that. Looking forward to this one as it's a nice break from the dreary league. Hope there's a decent cup atmosphere in the ground..

Ian

Super White!
Admin
Player
Aldo
Manager
Kingy
For those looking to go to the game, it's cash on turnstiles (main stand and young persons tickets must be purchased in advance) and it's set at category A prices.

Main Stand
Adults £22
Seniors (60+) £10.50
Young Persons (17-22) £13.50
Juniors (16 and under) £5

Paddocks & Johnny King Stand
Adults £20
Seniors (60+) £8.50
Young Persons (17-22) £11.50
Juniors (16 and under) £5

Kop Stand
Adults £19