• Nigel Adkins has been given the Tranmere job on a permanent basis signing until the end of the 25/26 season. Continue the discussion here.

Euro 2020

Player
Jason Koumas / John Morrissey
Manager
John King
Ukraine's best player is their left back: scored one and created one tonight.

It should be a decent game as they are quite a nice footballing side.

Player
aldo
and they had a few players taken out thank you Sweden for that and also nearly 40 mins more, bring it on, we just have to respect them and attack them,going to be a good night beer and a curry at Brom golf club lads call up and book

Alun

Player
Eddie Dagger Roberts
I for one am over the moon that England and Ukraine are plying Saturday, the only thing better would have been the final, Ukraine is a country I have visite often and got a few good Ukrainian friends, one of my friends son and daughter in law, had a baby son, last year and for Christmas I sent a couple of Tranmere baby grows to them, so Tranmere would have a presence in Ukraine, just before the Euros started I came across an baby England shirt and shorts so sent that over there, my friend sent me a message thanking me saying I will put it on him when England meet Ukraine in the final, I said what makes you think Ukraine will get to the final, he answered what makes you think England will. To be honest when I saw the team for last night, I thought this has nil, nil and penalties written all over it, I can understand why Southgate had the team set out like that because he feels needed to shield his defence. Just before the Stirling goal, I was thinking two poor sides. I still do not think England are world beaters but I do think they are difficult to beat, now on to Saturday, Ukraine, depending on fitness have two forwards that could trouble any defence in the world on their day, to back them up they have the lad from Man city, plus a full back who can score, saying that they have a few mediocre players, that could cost them. Looking forward to the game, I will be sitting here drinking Ukrainian vodka celebrating an English victory.

Reactions: Ian

Ian

Super White!
Admin
Player
Aldo
Manager
Kingy
Hoping it's a good game. I think they will actually produce more than Germany did yesterday and it will be our toughest test so far.

Player
aldo
let us hope the extra 40 mins they played and the injuries take their toll prob more so in the second half we need to make the field as wide as poss but unlike the other night I would try hitting them fast and hard, they looked knackered at the end of the game

bigmart

bigmart
Player
Ian Muir
Spain v Switzerland gone to extra time the Swiss down to 10 men

Ian

Super White!
Admin
Player
Aldo
Manager
Kingy
Not a great game, looks like the Swiss are happy for pens.

bigmart

bigmart
Player
Ian Muir
Fairly poor game though Spain did have a number of chances but we're far from convincing

Ian

Super White!
Admin
Player
Aldo
Manager
Kingy
Yes agreed. They look very lightweight up front.

Player
Manager
John King
Italy deservedly through. Belgium have better individuals on paper but Italy are very well organised and play with such intensity. They are the team to beat I think.

Boz

Player
Iain Hume
Wonder why and instead of who. Has been out injured a bit and didn’t do much in his cameo v the Germans.

Player
Manager
John King
It must be for Saka, I would imagine. It is not an obvious call given how well Saka has played, but Southgate has got most of the big decisions right so far.

Player
Manager
John King
Denmark two up and will be dangerous opponents for whoever wins tonight.