• Nigel Adkins has been given the Tranmere job on a permanent basis signing until the end of the 25/26 season. Continue the discussion here.

Euro 2020

Ian

Super White!
Admin
Player
Aldo
Manager
Kingy
So this is it guys. The time has come. Can England bring it home? What are your thoughts and predictions for the match? I think it's going to be a free flowing game with plenty of goals. I'm going for a storming 2-2, England win on pens o_O

Player
Jason Koumas / John Morrissey
Manager
John King
So this is it guys. The time has come. Can England bring it home? What are your thoughts and predictions for the match? I think it's going to be a free flowing game with plenty of goals. I'm going for a storming 2-2, England win on pens o_O
Too close to call, but I think England are slight favourites because of home advantage and the goals of Kane and Sterling.

I just hope the players don't freeze and are able to express themselves, which they should do given their performances to date.

bigmart

bigmart
Player
Ian Muir
I can see it going to extra time, think we then win it 2 1

Player
Ged Brennan, Big Steve McNulty,
Manager
Mickey Mellon, Johnny King.
I can see Italy winning 1-0in normal time.
They are very good at game management, and if they score first, they will be difficult to break down.
At no point in the game should we defend so deep that we don't have an out ball.
Don't pass back to the keeper and don't play silly balls at the back.
The last thing is don't get sucked into giving needless fouls away.

If we are going to win we need to get bodies in the box and get the crosses in.

bigmart

bigmart
Player
Ian Muir
Trying take mind off game watching golf, Commentator going on about Matthew Fitzpatrick missing out on going the match....

bigmart

bigmart
Player
Ian Muir
Not in it the second half, got turn it around before it's too late

Player
Alan King, Barry Dyson
Feel for the guys who missed. Ironic that the two subs brought on late failed to do their job. If they had, we’d have won.

Player
Alan King, Barry Dyson
They should not have been asked to take them, it was daft. A number of senior players should have stepped up for the penalties.
It was perhaps Southgate’s one big mistake. Kane and Maguire, who’d played 120+ minutes, both scored with ease. Rashford, Sancho and Saka hit poor penalties. Had it worked, it would have been a master stroke, but I don’t think he’ll do that again.

Player
Jason Koumas / John Morrissey
Manager
John King
It was perhaps Southgate’s one big mistake. Kane and Maguire, who’d played 120+ minutes, both scored with ease. Rashford, Sancho and Saka hit poor penalties. Had it worked, it would have been a master stroke, but I don’t think he’ll do that again.
Yes, I agree.

I think in general we just sat too deep too early in the second half and turned possession over too quickly.

Player
Alan King, Barry Dyson
Italy were very good - horribly cynical but good. However, I think England’s luck ran dry. Italy’s scrappy equaliser which Pickford nearly saved. Jorginho was lucky to escape being sent off for the foul on Grealish. Even the penalties. The post saved Italy twice.

I hope I’m not being too negative. Actually, I think if this team can get over it soon, we’ll do well in Qatar.