• Nigel Adkins has been given the Tranmere job on a permanent basis signing until the end of the 25/26 season. Continue the discussion here.

League Two Dale v Rovers

Match result

• Rochdale

Votes: 7 77.8%
  • Draw

Votes: 2 22.2%
  • Tranmere

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Dale v Rovers
Posted by Ian
Crown Oil Arena
Tuesday, April 18, 2023 - 07:45 PM
Until: Tuesday, April 18, 2023 - 10:00 PM
(Adjusted for timezone: Europe/London)
Categories

Upcoming dates
All times have been adjusted for the timezone: Europe/London

This event has expired and has no upcoming dates

bigmart

bigmart
Player
Ian Muir
Failure to beat them sums it up, frankly pathetic

Sparky

Player
Chris Greenacre
Hemmings lost who he was marking who scored . Another performance from Kane offering very little

Last edited:

drwhoman

Words almost fail me! Enough said! There are only a few seasons that have been worse than this for Rovers. I can only think of the near death experience in the 1980s and the demotion to the NL.Anyone who says there is any commitment in this team is dreaming. As it is we could be Rochdale fans. They now look certain for the drop into the abyss!

Player
Ian Goodison
Did Danny Lloyd celebrate his goal and assist.. This will be the first season in decades i haven't seen a single minute of Tranmere playing i have zero appetite now.

Ian

Super White!
Admin
Player
Aldo
Manager
Kingy
Who looks at these players and thinks they would be good signings? or are we so desperate we are taking on anyone that is available. We couldnt do any better than Hewelt for goodness sake? Clearout needed.

Boz

Player
Iain Hume
Very frustrating throwing away the win like that. Lloyds goal was a decent effort, Hewelt maybe could have done better, but not in the howler class for me. The defending for their equaliser was poor, free header. Depressing.

Ian

Super White!
Admin
Player
Aldo
Manager
Kingy
Hewelt is an OK shot stopper but useless in the air and no presence in the box.

When you think about it, if we hadn't have had a decent start to the season, goodness knows where we'd be now!

Sparky

Player
Chris Greenacre
Like Crawley we were gifted a goal by their keeper and they gave us a penalty. Once again we couldn’t win.

Am on mobile

Player
Muir
Manager
King
Oh god no he is useless I hope who ever takes over makes him train with kids

frenchrover

Player
aldo
I thought hewlet could have done better with the equaliser as the header was in his 6 yard box
The real problem wasn't Hewelt, the problem was the idle b*s**d Hemmings who couldn't be arsed getting off the ground to challenge their centre-half who was left with a free header. Whoever gave that clown a 2.5 year contract should be sacked, if he hasn't already been. This squad from top to bottom is absolute dross.

Sparky

Player
Chris Greenacre
The real problem wasn't Hewelt, the problem was the idle b*s**d Hemmings who couldn't be arsed getting off the ground to challenge their centre-half who was left with a free header. Whoever gave that clown a 2.5 year contract should be sacked, if he hasn't already been. This squad from top to bottom is absolute dross.
Another reason why he shouldn’t have been made captain. He hardly inspires anyone to dig deep or come out fighting.

Sparky

Player
Chris Greenacre
Dawes post match gives a shout out to Clarke and spearing being the types of players we’ve missed. Also critical of hewlet as without mentioning him specifically said he was surprised to see the shot from Lloyd go in and that the equaliser was 3 yards out.

Glad I didn’t make the journey and feel sorry for those that did

Player
Jason Koumas / John Morrissey
Manager
John King
As to Doohan I think the opposite - I do think it was 100% MM who wanted Doohan retained in the side once he got his chance. MM remember when he first came on loan was raving about the guy. Now I know he is always going to praise a player we are bringing in but future Scotland keeper come on! He also in my view kept him in far too long last season and that was a part albeit not a critical part of our failures in the second half of last season
The 'in the know' posters elsewhere suggest that Mellon wanted an experienced keeper this season. In any case, I don't think Doohan was as bad as a lot of people suggested.