• Nigel Adkins has been given the Tranmere job on a permanent basis signing until the end of the 25/26 season. Continue the discussion here.

League Two Cumbrians v Rovers

Player
Jason Koumas / John Morrissey
Manager
John King
It is a trip to Brunton Park next for Rovers, a venue where we have a pretty good recent record.

The struggling hosts lost a number of their better players in the summer to unlikely clubs such as Barrow and Wrexham, and have been in poor form for the best part of nine months now. However, the departure of Chris Beech is bound to result in a dead cat bounce and they have a few decent players in their squad, such as Callum Guy and Gime Toure.

In respect of Rovers, I think we will name an unchanged line up and probably an unchanged bench as well. We have sold our initial allocation of 700 tickets, and will probably take around 1,000 fans in total.

Prediction: irrespective of Carlisle's recent managerial change, if we match the performance of last Friday and other recent matches we will win the game. I think we will break our goalscoring duck away from home and pick up three points.

Boz

Player
Iain Hume
I’ve been away this week and so not totally up to speed on things Rovers. There doesn’t seem any reason for Micky to change the side on results and tactically we don’t know what approach the caretaker managers for Carlisle will take line-up wise, so makes sense to keep the same.

Carlisle fans seem divided on whether their squad, which as mentioned was weakened in the summer, is good enough to stay up under different management, the main criticism of Beech was he didn’t have a plan B if things were going wrong.

I’d agree we’ll break our away scoring duck. Rovers should have enough to win this.

Ian

Super White!
Admin
Player
Aldo
Manager
Kingy
Definitely keep the same side. The lads are playing well and it seems to be working as we are steadily picking up points now. A win here and we’ll have had a decent few weeks.

Ian

Super White!
Admin
Player
Aldo
Manager
Kingy
Nevitt could do with getting a few more.

Player
Jason Koumas / John Morrissey
Manager
John King
Nevitt could do with getting a few more.
True, but he is doing well enough just to be competing at this level. He is our top (only) scoring striker and I don't think we can expect him to be prolific, at least not yet.

ADD

Player
Norwood
Got a bit of a nervous feeling about this one. Logically given how we have played in last couple of games it should be an easy win but football and especially Tranmere football isn't like that. Manager sacking bounce etc.. and can see it possibly being a draw but let's hope not.
I also think the side will be as it was last Saturday and the only possible change would be O'Connor back on the bench.
As said would be good for Nevitt to get a goal but if we are going well for Maynard to get some League action and get a goal also.

Boz

Player
Iain Hume
Unchanged starting xi, O’Connor replacing Merrie on the bench

Reactions: Ian

bigmart

bigmart
Player
Ian Muir
We need to get on the front foot early and put them under pressure as I doubt they will cope

Ian

Super White!
Admin
Player
Aldo
Manager
Kingy
Goal disallowed for Rovers. Great early start although Clarke should have taken that on himself.

bigmart

bigmart
Player
Ian Muir
The goal drought away continues, surely we will score soon

Sparky

Player
Chris Greenacre
Typical kind of half from rovers. Defensively fine and creating some bits and pieces with both cogley and hawkes putting decent balls into the box but no one getting on the end of them. Nevitt a bit isolated at times and without being unfair, it makes you think how good we’d be with an established centre forward with a goal in him. Elliots link up has been good and winning headers but we need him getting on the end of crosses.
Hopefully we can nick a goal second half

bigmart

bigmart
Player
Ian Muir
5 and a half away games without a goal so far, need to change quickly that and win this game.

Sparky

Player
Chris Greenacre
GOAL!! Not one of our players though. Morris cross turned into his own net by a Carlisle defender

Ian

Super White!
Admin
Player
Aldo
Manager
Kingy
Well deserved though. Rovers looking good and I think Carlisle heads will drop a bit now.