• Nigel Adkins has been given the Tranmere job on a permanent basis signing until the end of the 25/26 season. Continue the discussion here.

League Two Crawley v Rovers

Match result

• Tranmere

Votes: 1 14.3%
  • Draw

Votes: 2 28.6%
  • Crawley

Votes: 4 57.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Crawley v Rovers
Posted by Ian
Broadfield Stadium
Saturday, April 15, 2023 - 03:00 PM
Until: Saturday, April 15, 2023 - 05:00 PM
(Adjusted for timezone: Europe/London)
Categories

Upcoming dates
All times have been adjusted for the timezone: Europe/London

This event has expired and has no upcoming dates

Sparky

Player
Chris Greenacre
Whilst we have little to play for except pride, this is a massive game for the hosts who with 5 games left are in the bottom two but within touching distance of the teams above them.

Their home record isn’t too bad and they gained a creditable 0-0 draw with Bradford on Good Friday, only to lose 4-0 at Barrow on Easter Monday. Crawley’s strikeforce of Telford and Nadesden is pretty decent albeit neither have scored a lot this season. Compared with our own I’d gladly take one of them if they go down. It was only about 6 weeks ago at PP when a Turnbull goal gave us three points in a fortunate win as Crawley played well and missed a late penalty.

Assuming no injuries I’m expecting an unchanged line up for rovers from the Swindon win.

Prediction: I can see us taking something however Crawley will have to go for it to some degree so Hewlet may have more to do than he did on Monday.

Player
ian goodison
looking at the lack of activity on here it feels like the season is already over. still going for a 1 all draw.

Player
Ged Brennan, Big Steve McNulty,
Manager
Mickey Mellon, Johnny King.
looking at the lack of activity on here it feels like the season is already over. still going for a 1 all draw.
it doesn't feel like the season is over, it has been over for me for quite a while!
And the longer it drags on, until it starts again, the better I will feel.

this game is a full on no score draw, written all over it!
it depresses me, to even think about, away to Crawley! Jesus!

Player
Jason Koumas / John Morrissey
Manager
John King
Only 126 tickets sold, so likely to be the lowest Saturday away following for many years.

One for the purist.....

ONIGP

Player
Eddie Bishop
We have seen all season that small margins in this league make a big difference. I would expect Crawley to have that extra couple of percent since they are fighting for their survival. I suspect that will be enough to see them to a narrow victory. Obviously I hope I'm wrong, that they crumble under the pressure and we destroy them with our sublime football and razor-sharp finishing...

Brightonian

Player
Ian Goodison, James Norwood
Only 126 tickets sold, so likely to be the lowest Saturday away following for many years.

One for the purist.....
Add two more purists buying tickets on the day. The pitch is not as bad as it used to be but we have had a lot of rain past 72 hours so expect a soft surface as ground is at the bottom of a hill .
I went to Broadfield stadium Good Friday as had Bradford fan family member staying. They were very good in the first 30 minutes came out all guns blazing, being direct and fast down both wings. Oteh ex Spurs youth was really dangerous with on loan Arsenal left back Ogungbo overlapping. On the flip side Bradford easily played through their midfield many times creating chances but Cookie had forgotten to bring his shooting boots .
Crawley are quick athletic, try to play football but are all over the place at times defending and central defenders very average (therefore should easily contain our fearsome strikers).
I have gone for a draw but one of those that could easily go either way as very unpredictable this time of year.
Personally I would like to see Rhys Hughes get more minutes as the boy certainly has talent, is arguably our best dead ball player but of course is a bit naive at present and needs to drive himself harder. There is only one way to improve and presume he is contracted for next season, so now is the time.

Player
Jason Koumas / John Morrissey
Manager
John King
I assume Dawes will stick with the 433 that was successful in the Swindon game, rather than reverting to the diamond. We ground out a result on Monday with a more pragmatic approach and, like Mart, I think we might do the same tomorrow.

It will be interesting to see whether Saunders continues his improvement alongside Hemmings. I would like Hartlepool and Rochdale to stay up at the expense of Crawley, so it would be good to win this game.

A victory would cement our position in the top half, which is at least something to aim for.

Boz

Player
Iain Hume
Crawley didn’t look that bad a team in the reverse fixture. They need the points more than Rovers. I suppose the same starting xi as the last game although like Brightonian would like to see Hughes getting some game time. Would be pleased if we come away with something.

Player
Alan King, Barry Dyson
I am missing this game against one of my two local teams as I’m on holiday. Frankly, I’m grateful for the excuse as I think Crawley will be more up for it than Rovers.
However, as always I hope we win but I agree with RLC and I’ll be doubly delighted if it means Crawley might go down. It’s a soulless stadium.

Am on mobile

Player
Muir
Manager
King
A win with more than goal would be great as we have not done it many times this season and meybe both forwards to score

Ian

Super White!
Admin
Player
Aldo
Manager
Kingy

Ian

Super White!
Admin
Player
Aldo
Manager
Kingy
Wow. Another for the inform Saunders. Tap in after the GK makes a howler.

Ian

Super White!
Admin
Player
Aldo
Manager
Kingy
1-1. Oteh with the equaliser curled past Hewelt.