• Nigel Adkins has been given the Tranmere job on a permanent basis signing until the end of the 25/26 season. Continue the discussion here.

college project

C

ChiefRich

I'm with NeverBeat on this one.

Training is their WORK - have a laugh when the session is finished or in the gaps between sessions or whatever, but when the professionals are doing the training, the professionals take it seriously.

Its not like the 2 hours a week that us amateur footballers do where we have a laugh because its the only football we do.

Also, team spirit is based on much more than a bit of banter in training.

NeverBeatDaveHiggins

Superwhite
Mods
I think they'd have to find some team spirit before we worry too much about maintaining it. Clearly Brian has had any spirit exorcised from the team and isn't about to let pesky things like a work-ethic or determination to win slip back in.

M

Matthew The Rover

Do you guys not have a laugh and joke at your proffesional job? I should think all of you who work in offices do. Ever watch a England training session and you'll see them laughing and joking.

If it helps them gel, all the better!

bolton_hater

White Review FC Manager
Player
Greenacre at the mo, all time is Aldo!
exactly!

and if you think that they are not knuckling down, well on the interview little said they normally hav a rest day as well but due to recent performaces he has stopped "rest day" and is making them train more.

so there you have it.

B

Birkenhead Born and Bred

Yeah i agree with BH here i've seen the college project video clips and they were taking the training serious but they were having fun in training. I think it's called team spirit and the lads need to know each other well to play football with each other

B

Birkenhead Born and Bred

Well you dont play football mate because thats what football is. Having a good time with your mates thats how you play well

bolton_hater

White Review FC Manager
Player
exactly, if you cant have alaugh and enjoy yourself that makes it..BORING!

bolton_hater

White Review FC Manager
Player
haha good one :lol: