• Nigel Adkins has been given the Tranmere job on a permanent basis signing until the end of the 25/26 season. Continue the discussion here.

college project

bolton_hater

White Review FC Manager
Player
Greenacre at the mo, all time is Aldo!
thought id let you know...

myself, slawlane (sam) from white review and my mate mike all had to do a college project to do with filming documentaries. We chose to do a day of tranmere rovers.

today, we went to raby vale and met al the players and filimed them training and the had interviews with us.

The players believe that we can bounce back without a doubt but confiedence is the main reason why we arent playing well :?

Little said hes looking to loan some players but tere is no talent out there.

Watching them al train, they all have a laugh they al get along and theyre a sound bunch of lads to talk to. ISo why isnt things clicking on the pitch?

Really was a memorable day. Ah well, just thought ill tell you.

NeverBeatDaveHiggins

Superwhite
Mods
Perhaps when staring at the relegation zone training shouldn't be happy and having a laugh, perhaps training should be hard and taken seriously?

B

Banana Army

NeverBeatDaveHiggins said:
Perhaps when staring at the relegation zone training shouldn't be happy and having a laugh, perhaps training should be hard and taken seriously?

Occupation = Teacher?

nice one B_H sounds a right good day out.

J

Johnny King is God

Never beat is right. They should be concentrating and knuckling down. I'm all for team spirit, but I dont think that this enough to sort out our problems. They should be very unhappy and determined to put things right. I deeply unhappy at how my team is playing at the moment, and I cant do anything about it. They can.

Still, sounds like you had a great day.

Player
Morrisey
I think that if they show that they enjoy them selves it will be better in the league! I think that having a laugh is a good idea on the training ground.

sounded ace!! I am surprised BL talked to you!

S

slawlane

Yeh was a great day out, altogether got 6 interviews;
Little
Mcteer (laffin fella)
Les Parry (sound as a pound, but camera man mike messed up and we lost his interview)
Mike Jackson
Calvin Zola
Steve Davies

Then we were invited to the ground were we walked to every stand got diffrent perspectives, got brought into the suites, loads of memorablia, and TROPHIES!, oh an were wer walkin up the stand after it and Brain walked up with his suit on, an asked if we wer alright.
Overall amazin day an we got it all on camera!

Joe_TRFC

'Midfield General'
Player
Nevin
That sounds quality... I also think that they should have a laugh in training... I think we'd all be worried if it was reported that everyone was glum and in a mood and wouldn't talk to people.

bolton_hater

White Review FC Manager
Player
cheets, really was a great day out.

NBDH..SHUT UP! them having a laugh helps a better friendly atmosphere.

ah well great day out.

M

Matthew The Rover

Sounds a good day. Should have asked for any inside info :wink:

As for NBDH comment, I think it's ridiculous. Would you prefer it if they were arguing all the time? Thus creating a bad dressing room atmosphere and possibly leading to the players not passing to those who they dislike on the field?

NeverBeatDaveHiggins

Superwhite
Mods
No. I wouldn't want them to be arguing with each other. But I would want things to be taken seriously. "Train hard, fight easy" that's what the army says and it's true in football as well. If the proper preparation is put in, discussion of tactics etc, and moves worked on hard in training - then when it comes to the match itself hopefully the players all know what to expect and can express themselves.

Johnny King is God said:
They should be concentrating and knuckling down

Absolutely.

B

Birkenhead Born and Bred

NBDH you are sad cant you be happy for anyone. Is it because your jealous? I fell that ios totally out of order in my opinion If they wanna have a laugh and they are allowed to go along good on them

M

Matthew The Rover

Exactly BBAB. If they don't have a joke in training, they wouldn't be enjoying training, and wouldn't want to turn up (some might argue they don't anyway!) You wouldn't be saying this at the same time last season when I should think the atmosphere was the same.

bolton_hater

White Review FC Manager
Player
NeverBeatDaveHiggins said:
No. I wouldn't want them to be arguing with each other. But I would want things to be taken seriously. "Train hard, fight easy" that's what the army says and it's true in football as well. If the proper preparation is put in, discussion of tactics etc, and moves worked on hard in training - then when it comes to the match itself hopefully the players all know what to expect and can express themselves.

Johnny King is God said:
They should be concentrating and knuckling down

Absolutely.

yer cos when they are not alowed to enjoy themselves it would be really fun :roll: boring!!!!

lets hope you never become a manager eh?

J

Johnny King is God

Why is everyone being so harsh to NBDH?

He is entitles to his opinion, just as you lot are, and this is a forum - which is by definition a space to voice opinions and have discussions.

Wouldnt be so bothered, but it seems you lot are hunting as a pack now, and to be honest its a bit sad.

As it happens both myself NBDH have probably been proved wrong on this thread now as we won the game the next weekend, and as it happens I am delighted to be proved wrong on this occasion as 3 points beat anything!

You might not like his 'essays' or agree with them, I often dont agree with some points, but some of us on here are interested in reading things that provoke a bit of thought and give an alternative point of view.

It would be nice to occasionally read a post without stupid, ignorant comments, based on a prejudice against other users, defacing them.

Basically, grow up, or go on rearguard.

We're all Tranmere Fans.

Player
Morrisey
JK is God
ignorant comments

I think that NBDH's first comment was ignorant of the point BH was trying to get across. BH didn't want some comment critisizing the trainning but some enthusiastic comment on sharing his project with us!

J

Johnny King is God

bolton_hater said:
Watching them al train, they all have a laugh they al get along and theyre a sound bunch of lads to talk to. ISo why isnt things clicking on the pitch?

Surely its a direct answer to the question at the bottom of the post?

Player
Morrisey
True True I didn't read the post properly JK!! sorry mate! :wink:

bolton_hater

White Review FC Manager
Player
my point point was to tell everyone aboutmy project.

and i think NBDH comment was ridicilous that was my opinion.

so does everyone else think that too.