• Nigel Adkins has been given the Tranmere job on a permanent basis signing until the end of the 25/26 season. Continue the discussion here.

Away kit offical

• Thread starter championship_here_we_come
  • Start date

Boz

Player
Iain Hume
Maybe I've no colour sense, but the gold and grey stripe shirt is one of my favourites, along with the green with navy trim that preceded it. In more recent times, the sky blue with dark blue sleeves probably the best. Doubt I'll buy the current offering

NeverBeatDaveHiggins

Superwhite
Mods
I did like that shiny grass green shirt which at the time seemed quite striking, perhaps even a little garish, hadn't seen anything like the day-glow shirts everyone seems to wear now. Then the next time we had a green shirt it was completely over the top (the one with the orange) and was made of a much scratchier material, yet somehow I quite liked it too.

This is it you see, white is our main colour with blue and (perhaps) green being the other choices. So why oh why did some "bright spark" behind the scenes have to decide we should play in yellow (and golden variant thereof) and now in black? What would be wrong with blue or green? They are contrast colours to white and there's just so many teams without strong identities starting to play in black or yellow because it's "fashionable" well guess what it isn't fashionable, it's just wrong.

Ally

Player
Aldo
Oh come on Neverbeat, I've seen you downtown in Birkenhead on a Friday night, swigging alcopops and donning a shiny skintight polyester muscle vest. You love it.

Seriously though, I think we (along with virtually every other team in all the leagues) have tried loads of different away kits, and that's the nice thing about them, that they're not always the same. They change quite radically every couple of years (seemingly every 3 months in the Premiership) and it's nice to see different designs every now and then. As long as we remain in all-white at home I think it's fine to have different coloured away kits every other season or so. No?

My favourite away kits of recent times have to be the Patrick sky blue with navy sleeves, that was nice (although it did smack of Wycome Wanderers a bit) and the claret and blue number.