• Nigel Adkins has been given the Tranmere job on a permanent basis signing until the end of the 25/26 season. Continue the discussion here.

Away kit offical

• Thread starter championship_here_we_come
  • Start date
C

championship_here_we_come

link

Tranmere supporters will have the chance to wear the new away kit inside Prenton Park tomorrow (Saturday, 2 September) when Rovers play Leyton Orient.
0,,10365%7E2983706,00.jpg

The all-new black kit goes on sale in the Club Shop from 10am on Saturday and will be available until kick off. The shop will re-open for half an hour after the final whistle.
It will be worn for the first time when Tranmere play at Rotherham on Tuesday, 12 September, and will be the main away kit this season.

The new kit is predominantly black with silver and the design incorporates features and suggestions proposed by supporters. The material is polyester and mesh which is more durable than many other fabrics and the cut and sizing of the shirts matches the current home kit. Better still, it's met with the approval of the playing squad!
Replica shirt prices remain unchanged at £39.99 adults and £29.99 youth. Shirt printing will be available soon.

Griff

As the material quality of some of our kits has been poor over recent years I'm gonna reserve final judgement until i've got my hands on it.

The design is great though

Player
Johnny Morrissey
Why black though? Our traditional colours have been blue and white. I'd rather have a blue away shirt, black seems to be very a la mode with football shirt these days but im not all that keen.

But gotta admit the design looks very smart.

Joe_TRFC

'Midfield General'
Player
Nevin
I really think it looks good... we will look the business. Just lets hope we play like the business. Can't wait to get it next time i'm up.

W

white nick

Why black though? Our traditional colours have been blue and white. I'd rather have a blue away shirt, black seems to be very a la mode with football shirt these days but im not all that keen.

But gotta admit the design looks very smart.
Why Black ? I think the answer lies in the money. I bought myself and my dad (and uncle) some polo shirts for Christmas in (you've guessed it) black with silver trim and they were flying off the shelves. Someone in the club shop obviously looked at the numbers and put two and two together. Not too sure if I'll be buying the shirt as my polo shirt looks identical but I'll have a look to see what the material's like.

Ian

Super White!
Admin
Player
Aldo
Manager
Kingy
I agree with Coops. I'd much prefer to keep with traditional colours, however I do also like the look of the new away shirt. Even though its black, it does look neat and quite smart.

B

Banana Army

Nice kit, but to me it looks a bit like a training kit. Not sure if i'll be purchasing this one or not. As for traditional colours, we've had an array of different coloured away kits over the years, so im not to concerned, but i'm not generally a huge fan of black kit anyways!

Player
Johnny Morrissey
Btw, why do footy shirts no longer have collars???

S

slawlane

Btw, why do footy shirts no longer have collars???

The new chelsea and Liverpool shirts have collars, but i'm guessing the reason why there not used alot is because its an advantage towards a player if he's pulling another player back, also it'd probably hurt alot more if you were pulled back by the collars than you would be with a non collared shirt

B

Banana Army

I think its probably more to do with the comfort of the shirt. A colar can rub and be a bit irritating as well if its flapping around. Don't no if you've noticed, but some players e.g. David Dunn, always cut the colors of their kits!

Gray

Player
Ian Goodison... who else!
Hmmm, liking the new kit, anyone know if the club shop will be open on Friday night before or after the game? Might nip in and buy me one.

On the subject of away kit colours, I'd love to see a royal blue strip, in my early days of watching Tranmere (mid-80's) I'm sure our first kit was royal blue for a while.

NeverBeatDaveHiggins

Superwhite
Mods
I've never been a fan of teams having a black kit, I mean the ref is meant to wear all black. Now so many teams choosing to play in black we have refs in green, meaning you can't have a green kit. Daft that.

Yes, it's made out of the cheapest polyester known to mankind and yes it looks like a training/run-out kit.

Oh and I'm all for bringing back collars on shirts, they look so much smarter with a collar and make not one bit of difference when it comes to pulling or being pulled.

nomur

Still The Irish Rover
Player
Power!
As long as it doesn't affect the way we play on the pitch I couldn't give a monkeys. I think it looks smart anyway.

nomur

Still The Irish Rover
Player
Power!
Does anyone know if the club shop will be getting any stock of the Away Shirt back in?

I sent a note to the shop a few weeks ago and still haven't heard anything back. My big sister wants to buy it for me and I couldn't possibly refuse the chance to get a free footie shirt!!!

lonerover

Player
Johnny Morrissey
Heard in the club shop on Saturday that they are getting more stock in middle of November.

Player
John Aldridge
Here's the email I recieved from the club shop

Thank you for your enquiry, we expect to have the XXL new away shirts in
stock from around mid to late November. We do however, have this size
available in the home shirt and the amber away shirts in the club shop.

Kind Regards

Tranmere Rovers
Club Shop

Ally

Player
Aldo
I like it. To be fair lads, we've had some pretty hideous away kits in our time. Remember the green and orange concoction? That looked dreadful. There was also a fairly unpleasant wasp stripe yellow and grey number that was a bit on the dazzling side.

Player
Morrisey
I liked the Yellow and Grey one. I think that Aldo was bringing the Irish in him to PP. I liked the CLaret and Blue one. My favourite was our first yellow one.

nomur

Still The Irish Rover
Player
Power!
I like it. To be fair lads, we've had some pretty hideous away kits in our time. Remember the green and orange concoction? That looked dreadful. There was also a fairly unpleasant wasp stripe yellow and grey number that was a bit on the dazzling side.

Haha, I have both of these shirts! I actually like the Green & Orange one (probably coz I'm Irish). But on reflection I don't know why I bought the Yellow & Grey striped one. It is indeed hideous!!!