• Nigel Adkins has been given the Tranmere job on a permanent basis signing until the end of the 25/26 season. Continue the discussion here.

And the new manager is..

bigmart

bigmart
Player
Ian Muir
Barry Murphy does not fit the description of a manager 'on the merry go round', so why not appoint him or someone similar ?

Absolute guff from Palios.
It's clearly a load of rubbish being spouted as usual. This could be the biggest mistake made under MP it makes little sense but to really hack off the fans big time

Sparky

Player
Chris Greenacre
Again I could be wrong but maybe even the likes of BBM were put off by our budget etc and didn’t fancy the job. Palios needs to be more clear about what we can actually afford.

Only one example and I don’t like the fella but Stevenage appointed merry go round Steve Evans and look where that’s got them

Sparky

Player
Chris Greenacre
Couldn’t beat 5 of the bottom 6 teams but somehow he’s managed to keep the job

He’ll have my support but with the reaction of the fans he’ll be on a hiding to nothing

Higgy 2

Player
Dave Higgins
Underwhelming. He won't have to do much to exceed our expectations.

bigmart

bigmart
Player
Ian Muir
Again I could be wrong but maybe even the likes of BBM were put off by our budget etc and didn’t fancy the job. Palios needs to be more clear about what we can actually afford.

Only one example and I don’t like the fella but Stevenage appointed merry go round Steve Evans and look where that’s got them
Fairly sure it was nothing to do with budget

Higgy 2

Player
Dave Higgins
Do we think Artell is in the mix for Technical Director? Clutching at straws, but might be influential from there.

Sparky

Player
Chris Greenacre
Fairly sure it was nothing to do with budget
It must be surely, even if in part. I know the statement mentions other issues but if it isn’t down to finances then Palios has gone mad. He must know the reaction from the fans wouldn’t be great and season tickets may take a hit.

I suspect protests may even start on Monday if the game doesn’t go our way…

bigmart

bigmart
Player
Ian Muir
It must be surely, even if in part. I know the statement mentions other issues but if it isn’t down to finances then Palios has gone mad. He must know the reaction from the fans wouldn’t be great and season tickets may take a hit.

I suspect protests may even start on Monday if the game doesn’t go our way…
Reading what Palios has said, which is not true, it's down to a manager wanting to bring in his own coaching staff.

Sparky

Player
Chris Greenacre
Reading what Palios has said, which is not true, it's down to a manager wanting to bring in his own coaching staff.
Yes which I think goes into the budget issues. It’s cheaper to keep dawes And parky than to release them and bring in a new manager with his team of staff. So we have gone with the cheap option which might be all we can afford.

bigmart

bigmart
Player
Ian Muir
Yes which I think goes into the budget issues. It’s cheaper to keep dawes And parky than to release them and bring in a new manager with his team of staff. So we have gone with the cheap option which might be all we can afford.
If that's the case then why not say it rather than come put and say what he has said

Player
Jason Koumas / John Morrissey
Manager
John King
Yes, it seems that Barry Murphy wanted his own staff and that was the sticking point yet again.

Dawes and Parkinson must only have been on rolling contracts and relatively easy to get rid of. There would not have been huge contracts to pay off. So if we could not afford to replace them with a bog standard League Two coaching team it is concerning.

Last edited:

Sparky

Player
Chris Greenacre
If that's the case then why not say it rather than come put and say what he has said
I think MP is understandably trying to be positive with it all. He’s not going to come out and say we’ve got no money so that’s all we could afford. We got away with it we gave Keith hill the job and he had to work with Parky and Dawes but I bet a lot of managers want their own team.

As RLC says it is a concern if that is all we could afford. But I’m guessing that it’s true, as depressing as it is.

Sparky

Player
Chris Greenacre
I like Parky and what a player he was for us but he’s lucky to still be around.

Player
Ged Brennan, Big Steve McNulty,
Manager
Mickey Mellon, Johnny King.
I really feared this!
It smacks of cheap and really nasty!

I was hearing that, that because of new investment, a manager (Barry Murphy) would be able to bring his staff in. And he would be announced next couple of days.

Does this mean, no investment no budget, and no hope for being in the promotion race next year?
At least we knew under PJ, we were fighting relegation from the outset!

We have now in my opinion, that the best chance for getting back up to league one has been these last two seasons and we have truly blown it!

We are well and truly f.........!

Don't believe the spin that keeping Dawes, Parky and the rest of the staff, was nothing else than frugality! MP has no loyalty to any staff! If he could have got a cheaper option, he would have moved them on!

As if this is better than MM!
Going backwards rapidly!

Davies is good news!

bigmart

bigmart
Player
Ian Muir
When Micky got sacked I said be careful what you wish for. I hope all the ones calling for his head are happy now. Club is on a downward spiral imo.
Micky was going to leave in the summer, it was just brought forward

Reactions: ADD