• Nigel Adkins has been given the Tranmere job on a permanent basis signing until the end of the 25/26 season. Continue the discussion here.

and so it begins..

Boz

Player
Iain Hume
Molyneux going to Morecambe apparently.

Player
Jason Koumas / John Morrissey
Manager
John King
One of a number of players signed by Adams with definite ability and a very poor attitude. The right move for both parties I think.

Sparky

Player
Chris Greenacre
Yes he has a decent left foot but never did much albeit in a poor side. Never got the impression he was up for the fight tho.

Wouldn't surprise me if tho if he does ok at Morcambe.

Another off the wage bill..

Ian

Super White!
Admin
Player
Aldo
Manager
Kingy
I caught a bit of MP and GB answering questions on Merseyside last night. GB is solely concentrating on finding someone who can put the ball in the net as he sees this as Rovers' weakest area.

Sparky

Player
Chris Greenacre
Your right Ian. Nothing on the official site but I understand we have signed former Forest Green striker James Norwood.

Proven goalscorer at this level and a decent age too.

Player
Alan King, Barry Dyson
Your right Ian. Nothing on the official site but I understand we have signed former Forest Green striker James Norwood.
It looks like you are right. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/James_Norwood You can't believe everything on Wikipedia, but they are usually right.

If so, it's very quick work by GB and shows the value of knowledge of players in this league.

Boz

Player
Iain Hume
Sounds like he could do a decent job at this level if he settles after moving up North.

Player
Jason Koumas / John Morrissey
Manager
John King
His goal ratio is about one in three or four and he is FGR's all time highest scorer in the Conference. Forest Green are one of the bankrolled clubs, so it is encouraging that we were able to tempt him away from them.

frenchrover

Player
aldo
I think this is probably a good signing. if as Boz says he settles here. By the way I'm not so sure we tempted him away from FGR as I understand it he was actually one of several players released by them after they were knocked out of the play-offs. Nevertheless, he could be a useful addition to the new squad.

Ian

Super White!
Admin
Player
Aldo
Manager
Kingy
Proven goalscorer at this level, decent first signing.

Player
Alan King, Barry Dyson
I think this is probably a good signing. if as Boz says he settles here. By the way I'm not so sure we tempted him away from FGR as I understand it he was actually one of several players released by them after they were knocked out of the play-offs. Nevertheless, he could be a useful addition to the new squad.
FGR website confirms this. I don't know why as he was second top scorer. Did they think he would leave anyway? But for now, I trust GB to have made the right decision.

Ian

Super White!
Admin
Player
Aldo
Manager
Kingy
General feeling from FGR supporters it that he was there most entertaining player and will be missed. Think we may finally have someone that can score goals. Let's hope he gets the service!

http://forum.fgrfc.net/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=51341

Sparky

Player
Chris Greenacre
I understand former Luton, Cambridge & Newport winger Robbie Wilmott may be next to join the party. Like Norwood plenty of experience and only 24 plus he has played in 3 play off finals already in his career. League clubs are interested however Gillingham apparently being one of them.

Newport have released a whole raft of players under new manager Terry Butcher but have major costs to save.

Last edited:

bigmart

bigmart
Player
Ian Muir
happy with this signing decent record at this level and young enough to imrprove

frenchrover

Player
aldo
Now first pre-season friendly announced, at home to Blackburn Rovers on Friday 24th July.......seems like the new season is just round the corner.

Ian

Super White!
Admin
Player
Aldo
Manager
Kingy
I think this pre season will fly past with all the comings and goings.

Sparky

Player
Chris Greenacre
Richie Sutton now joins on a 2 yr deal having spent the last 4 yrs with Mansfield. Played 38 games in L2 last season and apparently picked up a number of supporters clubs player of the year awards.

Helped Mansfield win the conference in 12/13 so good experience at this level and arguably at his peak at 29. A big strong boy apparently who played a lot of last season at right wing back. Also spent some time under Port Vale under a certain Micky Adams.

Hope he has been brought as a centre back so we'll keep Holmes.