• Nigel Adkins has been given the Tranmere job on a permanent basis signing until the end of the 25/26 season. Continue the discussion here.

AFC Fylde 1 Rovers 4

Player
Jason Koumas / John Morrissey
Manager
John King
we still have most of last season's team?

In a period of twelve months he fell out with Mangan and Margetts (who have since left) and Sutton (who is still marginalised). I would not say that was a particularly great 'strike rate' for a manager.

Anyway, all the original comments on this thread were about recent performances, which have been encouraging and reflect well on the manager, and that is what I would rather focus on.

M

Mal

In a period of twelve months he fell out with Mangan and Margetts (who have since left) and Sutton (who is still marginalised). I would not say that was a particularly great 'strike rate' for a manager.

Anyway, all the original comments on this thread were about recent performances, which have been encouraging and reflect well on the manager, and that is what I would rather focus on.

I haven't seen any actual written evidence from the players or GB as regards falling out. Have you?

In any case, the majority haven't so that is what counts. And I am looking forward to Bromley.

Player
Manager
John King
I haven't seen any actual written evidence from the players or GB as regards falling out. Have you?
I don't think players generally provide 'written evidence' when they fall out with a manager do they ? We can all use our common sense. Tranmere is a small club and it was widely known there were issues with those players. I have made it perfectly clear how enthusiastic I am about the coming season and I find your refusal to accept any criticism of the manager utterly bizarre.

Last edited:
M

Mal

I am not refusing to. Others on the other hand refuse to apportion blame to the players which I find bizarre. In the real world, it will always be a combination. If GB were that bad, everyone would have left. I also don't see the point of criticising yet because the darned season hasn't even started. Gossip means nowt.

Player
Manager
John King
I am not really sure who you are arguing with. I was commenting on brabin's performance last season, not this.