• Nigel Adkins has been given the Tranmere job on a permanent basis signing until the end of the 25/26 season. Continue the discussion here.

Yeovil 3-1 Tranmere

Player
Jason Koumas / John Morrissey
Manager
John King
On Saturday Cresswell played ahead of Zoom in a 4-4-2 in the second half and it worked pretty well. We lack any natural width on the left of midfield (apart from perhaps Fraughan) and playing those two together could be a solution to that problem.

Les does have a frustrating tendency to leave our best players out of the side when another player comes in and performs well, irrespective of whether they could fit into the team in a different role, and does almost seem bloody minded in this respect on occasions (remember Ben Gordon keeping Bakayogo out at the end of last season !).

I would also agree that Labadie should start in every match when he is fit. While his early season performances have not matched those of last season, he is still aour best midfielder and gives us an extra dimension going forward.

Worrying Times

Joss got MOM on Saturday from the bench according to the Daily Post. Since Les took over we've generally had a lose/draw/win/lose sequence. OK, this might eventually allow us to avoid relegation but the games we're winning/drawing are generally by a far tighter statistical margin than those which we lose. This results in a negative goal average, mainly because when we concede an early goal our heads go down thus resulting in a heavier defeat.

This is a worrying stat because whether you blame it on Les' inability to motivate a level of consistency from match to match (as he failed to do last season) or blame it on the injuries of this season, the bottom line is we've yet to eradicate complacency.

I've suggested Cressa & Zoum together down the left for a while now and if anyone chooses to make any of the aforementioned a personal issue I'll set Ian on you! =;:-D

drwhoman

TRIALISTS

I see a couple of trialists for the reserves on Wed. Ibrahmin Sissoko, younger brother of the former Pool player, ex WBA and Callum Harrison, ex Sheff Wed. Do I detect links there with current players?!! May well be due to the injury toll and the fact that there are very few guys in the reserves deserving to be given a go. What happened to the youth system? It has always been pretty good. Perhaps this is what Shaun Garnett is trying to address.

SonkORLY?

Player
Eddy Sonko
On Saturday Cresswell played ahead of Zoom in a 4-4-2 in the second half and it worked pretty well. We lack any natural width on the left of midfield (apart from perhaps Fraughan) and playing those two together could be a solution to that problem.

Both left sided though, so we'd still look awfully narrow on the right hand side (especially so given Darville's lack of attacking proficiency)

O

OneNightInGayParis

Why?? Joss so far hasn't matched up to the player he was on loan last season, although it sounds like he did improve things when coming at at Yeovil. Welsh has been poor in the 3 games I'd seen him play in, gather he did improve when given the captaincy, only to get injured. Indeed, I don't think any player should be an automatic choice, even Goodi needs a break sometimes.

Boz, I don't disagree - I've probably not made my point too well! You are right nobody should have an automatic place. I was really trying to say that if Labadie and Welsh are fit then the club can't really use injuries as an excuse for a weak midfield, since they are clearly the backbone of Les's first choice team. If he chooses to replace either of them when fit, likewise the injury excuse can't be used.

Do stop the whingeing

Most of the players lack experience, they are getting that now, some will get better, some wont, meantime we can support them or whinge.

What more can you expect from the squad we have, the manager we have and the funds we have. So do stop the unrealistic demands, realise that the team is getting better and that there will be ups and downs. And if we improve enough to stay up then great, and if we go down so what we've been there before.

Get behind the team and Les.

Even the half brainers know the problem is lack of leadership and vision and commitment from Johnson

SonkORLY?

Player
Eddy Sonko
Agreed, but at least one good wing would be better than no good wings as at present.

Yeah. At the expense of a central midfielder and a striker though, don't forget. Not that I disagree with you.

No moaning or whining

I liked Les' comment re-our reserves match v Morecambe in Kendal tonight. He said we're due to set off early because we've got to help moving the sheep from the pitch!!:-D Rumour has it two are due to trial with us next week!!:-$

The return of Welsh and McGurk would be most welcome, I'm not so sure about McLaren however please don't misconstrue this as any form of negative feedback!! Les said the return of two would be most welcome but he doubts all three will make it, maybe he's finally gotten around to our way of thinking!!:whistle:

SonkORLY?

Player
Eddy Sonko
I'm not so sure about McLaren however please don't misconstrue this as any form of negative feedback!!

:lol:

You're gonna get told off...

We must welcome Mclaren with open arms. Happy Tranmere families.

:lol:

You're gonna get told off...

We must welcome Mclaren with open arms. Happy Tranmere families.

Haha, thank you SonkORLY, I surely deserve at least 100 lashes from McLaren in front of the Kop on Saturday!! Hopefully less than 2 percent will connect though so I should be OK!!:lol: