• Nigel Adkins has been given the Tranmere job on a permanent basis signing until the end of the 25/26 season. Continue the discussion here.

Where will we finish next season?

Where will we finish next season?

• Promoted as champions

Votes: 7 70.0%
  • Promoted through the play-offs

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Play-offs but not promoted

Votes: 2 20.0%
  • 7th to 12th

Votes: 1 10.0%
  • 13th to 20th

• Relegated

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Ian

Super White!
Admin
Player
Aldo
Manager
Kingy
Good times RLC..

Boz

Player
Iain Hume
Thanks for posting the link to the Radio City Brabin interview, RLC. As others have said, he sounds fairly positive and we have had a decent pre-season.

M

Mal

well i thought some of the pre-season games were more positive than prior years, in terms of a nucleus of a team that can both do long ball and passing game.

Boz

Player
Iain Hume
Lincoln seem to be going for it. Having recruited Nathan Arnold from Grimsby, they've now added Sean Raggett, highly rated Dover defender.

Player
Jason Koumas / John Morrissey
Manager
John King
A great signing. I think we had enquired about raggett. It does make you wonder where Lincoln are getting their money from.

Sparky

Player
Chris Greenacre
Yes Lincoln will be expecting top 5 and I noticed Eastleigh signed another couple of decent players this week and along with Adam Dawson, have a strong squad. I'd take play offs now as can't see us winning the league but hope I'm wrong.

drwhoman

I see Lincoln paid a fee for Raggett. Must be someone with money behind them. I think they were playing Liverpool in the old Div Two about 1960!

Player
Alan King, Barry Dyson
I am always optimistic at the start of every season. Somehow I manage to convince myself that none of the negatives matter. This season, I am optimistic that we will be one of the better teams, will play better than last season and finish higher. My reasoning is just that we have a better and more settled squad. They should play better together. The new forwards should mean more goals and so more chance we'll kill off games in a way we often didn't last season.

However, after 10 years in the role, I don't see GB suddenly becoming a better manager. With one of the best squads in the NL, he failed to make even the play-offs. So even with three new players, I can't see us improving five places. Obviously, I really hope to be proved wrong, but after all the negative flak GB got last season, I'm amazed to see such unadulterated optimism for 16/17.

Colin K

Player
Ryan Taylor
Part of me hopes that we do get promoted as Champions. However, another part of me quite fancies the idea of the play-offs and a chance to go and watch Tranmere at the new Wembley and would also offer more money in the coffers moving forward into League 2 if we got there!

M

Mal

I didn't get where I am today by being endlessly pessimistic ;0)

Player
Alan King, Barry Dyson
Part of me hopes that we do get promoted as Champions. However, another part of me quite fancies the idea of the play-offs and a chance to go and watch Tranmere at the new Wembley and would also offer more money in the coffers moving forward into League 2 if we got there!
Colin, let's not be greedy. Let's just settle for going up as champions and winning the FA Trophy at Wembley. ;)

Reactions: Boz

Ian

Super White!
Admin
Player
Aldo
Manager
Kingy
I think we all get quite optimistic at the start of a season and believe this season will be much better than the last. It's what supporters do.

Our key this season will be consistency. We have a good squad and good players at this level but we have to be more consistent. Last season couldn't have been any more black and white.

bigmart

bigmart
Player
Ian Muir
We have a decent squad if slightly short on numbers can the manager improve the home form to get us promoted ?

drwhoman

Mal, do I recognise Reggie Perrin in your comment? CJ - I did'nt get where I Am etc?!

Higgy

Player
Dave Higgins
It is a good squad and while stating the obvious goals for are so important. I think we will get into the play-offs, but if we are to challenge for auto promotion we need to be a more free scoring side. The squad is good enough, but if set up negatively it will be just play offs.

Ian

Super White!
Admin
Player
Aldo
Manager
Kingy
In GB's pre-match interview, he kept referring to the lack of goals last season (even from Norwood!) and how we now have more goalscorers in the side. He's also looking for more return from the midfielders so it's certainly in the forefront of his thinking. Let's hope it shows on the pitch!