• Nigel Adkins has been given the Tranmere job on a permanent basis signing until the end of the 25/26 season. Continue the discussion here.

Where will we finish next season?

Where will we finish next season?

• Promoted as champions

Votes: 7 70.0%
  • Promoted through the play-offs

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Play-offs but not promoted

Votes: 2 20.0%
  • 7th to 12th

Votes: 1 10.0%
  • 13th to 20th

• Relegated

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Player
Jason Koumas / John Morrissey
Manager
John King
Regarding the poll, who was it who thinks we will finish between 7th and 12th ? Surely even the most pessimistic Rovers supporter expects us to make the play-offs ?

Must have been a Wrexham fan.....

Player
Alan King, Barry Dyson
I'm not a betting man, but I was curious to see what the bookies thought. http://www.oddschecker.com/football/english/non-league/national-league/winner In every measure - champions, promoted, play-offs, avoiding relegation - FGR are clear favourites with TRFC in second place followed by Eastleigh, Dag & Red and Wrexham. Personally, I don't think Dag & Red will bounce back but Lincoln and possibly Barrow might do better.

Those of you who are so confident of us winning the league can get 7-1! We are odds on to get into the play-offs, but you can get odds of 7-2 against us being promoted. So it looks like the bookies reckon we'll get to the play-offs but stay down.

Last edited:
Player
Manager
John King
Interesting analysis from bbtc. However, last season Cheltenham were nowhere near favourites to win the league, nor were Barnet the season before. In a division where there are only two promotion places it is very difficult to predict who will go up. However, i agree with bbtc's general assessment of the likely front runners.

Ian

Super White!
Admin
Player
Aldo
Manager
Kingy
Regarding the poll, who was it who thinks we will finish between 7th and 12th ? Surely even the most pessimistic Rovers supporter expects us to make the play-offs ?

Must have been a Wrexham fan.....
Haha. I'm more concerned there's an option to vote relegation!

Player
Alan King, Barry Dyson
Thanks everyone for your votes. The poll is now closed. A clear majority predict our first post-war championship, while the others envisage the play-offs or thereabouts. Either way, we all think it will be an exciting season with the team challenging hard for promotion. That's quite a turnaround from even two months ago. Let's hope the majority are right!

M

Mal

Typical, my double header is off to a poorstart. Newcastle lost. Sitting in wetherspoons about to go see Tranmere turn my fortunes around ....

Ian

Super White!
Admin
Player
Aldo
Manager
Kingy
They certainly did that Mal!

M

Mal

They certainly did that Mal!
My sense of humour. I went in to a Bromley bookies and got 6-1 on Tranmere outright after the double header bet. Tried two bookies and response was . who, Natwest league? In both bookies!

Player
Manager
John King
http://www.oddschecker.com/football/english/non-league/national-league/winner

Let us hope it is not the kiss of death, but Rovers have now been installed as favourites for the title with the bookmakers......

Those odds will probably change from week to week at this stage of the season, but it is still encouraging that our strong start has been recognised. FGR were strong favourites before a ball was kicked.

Player
Alan King, Barry Dyson
http://www.oddschecker.com/football/english/non-league/national-league/winner

Let us hope it is not the kiss of death, but Rovers have now been installed as favourites for the title with the bookmakers......

Those odds will probably change from week to week at this stage of the season, but it is still encouraging that our strong start has been recognised. FGR were strong favourites before a ball was kicked.
Last year FGR won their first nine games and failed to go up, whereas Cheltenham started poorly then went half the season undefeated. Let's just enjoy it while we can!

M

Mal

And then there was that infamous Tranmere sprint one season under Ronnie Moore....

Ian

Super White!
Admin
Player
Aldo
Manager
Kingy
Two games in.. Plenty more drama to come.

Player
Manager
John King
And then there was that infamous Tranmere sprint one season under Ronnie Moore....

Yes, but we had a paper thin squad that season and were totally reliant on loanees. That is not the case now.

M

Mal

Yes, but we had a paper thin squad that season and were totally reliant on loanees. That is not the case now.

True. I feel more confident now and well done to GB given all the flak he has had. The forwards are mature in approach and team oriented. I never thought that about JM. All we need now is for an OS picture where GB is smiling