• Nigel Adkins has been given the Tranmere job on a permanent basis signing until the end of the 25/26 season. Continue the discussion here.

Us 4 Rovers 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

DIW

Player
Goodison
That own goal tho...?? did he do it on purpose ..

we need to ask ourselves/was it a vealed threat to pj..who clearly loves him, and probally given him a better deal than he would get else where ..?

Maybe RM has agreed to a new ian goodison contract...but on reduced terms and he,s pissed off ?

We need to move on/start games without our Rasta hero sometimes !

????????????????????????????

Regardless of Literacy ability, this post seem to be complete madness.

drwhoman

COLCHESTER

Quite right BBTC. We are all Rovers fans. Who really gives a toss about spelling. We have survived another season in Div One and hope springs eternal for the next one as it always does. Let us hope we keep the best players and strengthen the areas that need improvement. Fingers crossed!

Player
Goodison
As someone who works with people with speech, language and communication difficulties (aka "people who can't be arsed to write properly") I offer no apologies for saying that your sense of morality needs a ****ing good kick up the arse.

When it comes to typing you've got plenty of time to think through what you're going to say, unlike when you're speaking. At what point did I say people with learning difficulties can't be arsed to write properly? I was only referring to Amplesou's lack of spelling in his posts. Your sense of taking things out of context need a ****ing kick up the arse.

Deliberate own goal by Goodison? That's a disgraceful thing to even suggest.

Player
Goodison
thanks guys for your support !

we need to ask ourselves/was it a vealed threat to pj..who clearly loves him, and probally given him a better deal than he would get else where ..?

Maybe RM has agreed to a new ian goodison contract...but on reduced terms and he,s pissed off ?

We need to move on/start games without our Rasta hero sometimes !

Are you even a Tranmere fan? What a load of rubbish.

amplesou

Banned
Player
Dave Higgins
Deliberate own goal by Goodison? That's a disgraceful thing to even suggest.

i thought my spelling was ok ..?

Deliberate own goal....as soon as i heard he scored an own goal i thought the worse,d to be honest ..but waited to see the actual foot///...highlights etc...!

Cross comes in and bullet header into his own net /his body turned towards goal as well..!

that goal sunk us and probably our young goal keepers career with it ,...etc.

Oh by the way i am tranmere thru and thru since 1968....whats that got todo with an overseas footballer only got one agenda ..himself and his contract ..maybe he will turn up for training or maybe not ....not a good roll model imo...!

too many off days and big part of a side that could,nt win a game of football for 20 matches or so under lp..

Sign him up then....and fine him if he concedes penalties or own goals or does not turn up for training or pre season etc.

lonerover

Player
Johnny Morrissey
I have to reply to this last post. To suggest Ian Goodison is only interested in himself and his contract I have to say is completely shocking.

Anyone who has watched Goodi since he signed for us will know he has been one of our most, if not the most, consistent performer in a white shirt during his time.

How many times has he played on through an injury? Every manager has said how Ian picked up a knock and is doubtful but you know he'll pull on the shirt and get out there and play.

I'm confident he could have gone elsewhere to play, or even gone back to Jamaica and sat on the beach all day...but he's chosen season after season to come back and give what appears to me to be his all on a Saturday.

To even suggest he is deliberately scoring own goals or trying to make a point is, in my opinion, just ridiculous! Even the greatest players suffer a lack of form occassionally!! We have one of the best defensive records in the league and he has been a part of that for the majority of the season.

He's a Tranmere legend and should be shown the respect and given the credit for the great service he has given to our club. I hope he stays for one more year, but if he doesnt then he'll get my thanks without question!

Player
Liam Palmer
I have to echo that last post.

I know that people will deride Les' time in charge but if you remember the absolute mess and chaos that he inherited from Dumb and Dumber and then recall how somehow he kept us up that season.... well the most important member of that team was Goodi. He played through injury and walked through walls for us that season. Just remember his reaction to scoring that goal against Stockport. Les has told me that if it hadn't been for Goodi's influence on the team, on and of the pitch, we'd have been relegated.

So, ok that was two years ago. But like you said, he could have packed in ages ago. What motivates the man to turn up in rainy Birkenhead on a Tuesday night against Hartlepool and chase after kids half his age? Love for TRFC and professional pride.

Give him a contract for 2012-13. No. Give him a contract and build a statue to him outside the ground.

Just my opinion, like.

Sparky

Player
Chris Greenacre
Everyone is entitled to their opinions of course... but I am starting to wonder whether some of Amplesou's posts are serious, or whether he/she is just trying to stir things and cause a reaction, which has happened.

If they are genuine views, I can only assume he never goes to a game.

The whole deliberate alleged own goal comment is farcical and arguably not worth responding too.

Goodi is a legend. Enough said.

Not just because of his loyalty, but because of his overall level of performance for the last however many years it is.

Tartan Tranmere is spot on - I understand Goodi has a young family back in Jamaica. At his age, why not go and relax on the beach with Theo Whitmore, spend time with his family, and do a bit of coaching in a country where he is a legend.

No.....instead, he decides to spent his time in Birkenhead, often on a wet and windy night in front of 4000 people....what a top man !

Player
Goodison
i thought my spelling was ok ..?

Deliberate own goal....as soon as i heard he scored an own goal i thought the worse,d to be honest ..but waited to see the actual foot///...highlights etc...!

Cross comes in and bullet header into his own net /his body turned towards goal as well..!

that goal sunk us and probably our young goal keepers career with it ,...etc.

Oh by the way i am tranmere thru and thru since 1968....whats that got todo with an overseas footballer only got one agenda ..himself and his contract ..maybe he will turn up for training or maybe not ....not a good roll model imo...!

too many off days and big part of a side that could,nt win a game of football for 20 matches or so under lp..

Sign him up then....and fine him if he concedes penalties or own goals or does not turn up for training or pre season etc.

I think you're insane.

"overseas footballer only got one agenda himself and his contract", so not only are you talking rubbish, you're being racist - foreign players only care about money? What about Sean Thornton? He's not very foreign yet that was his only goal.

Goodison is one of our greatest ever players and he's played through a lot of injuries which other players wouldn't even try to play through. He's contributed a lot more to this club than you ever will. I'd love to see how many teeth you would have left if you said that to his face.

Rob

Player
Clint Hill
Amplesou, your taking the piss. Download google chrome and click "spellcheck" before posting please. Your posts make absolutely no sense whatsoever although i'm not even sure a spellchecker could fix whats coming out of your warped mind.

On topic, we were absolutely awful, simple as that.

amplesou

Banned
Player
Dave Higgins
I think you're insane.

"overseas footballer only got one agenda himself and his contract", so not only are you talking rubbish, you're being racist - foreign players only care about money? What about Sean Thornton? He's not very foreign yet that was his only goal.

Goodison is one of our greatest ever players and he's played through a lot of injuries which other players wouldn't even try to play through. He's contributed a lot more to this club than you ever will. I'd love to see how many teeth you would have left if you said that to his face.

Does it matter regarding my loyalty to tranmere as a fan, if i here things that are interesting and come across as extreme then i usually keep it to my self as i have for a while on this subject..but the performance of the player this last week end here in question... underlined my fears i,m afraid to say..

To totally disregard my comments as disloyal or insane ..based on previous performances by the player in question ,completely misses the point !

You all assume a level of performance / gentleman's dignity in there amongst all footballers ..well i got news for you..its a business ..and football is a business !!!

p.s... spell-checked!!!

amplesou

Banned
Player
Dave Higgins
Amplesou, your taking the piss. Download google chrome and click "spell-check" before posting please. Your posts make absolutely no sense whatsoever although I'm not even sure a spell-checker could fix what,s coming out of your warped mind.

i think we gave it a good go second half

RM would rather we went down 2-4 than 0-3

Still poor defending by our back four over all..!!!

Player
Liam Palmer
Amplesou, your taking the piss. Download google chrome and click "spellcheck" before posting please. Your posts make absolutely no sense whatsoever although i'm not even sure a spellchecker could fix whats coming out of your warped mind.

Woah there. Enough of the personal stuff! Anyway, if Amplesou needs a spell checker, you need an apostrophe checker :wink:

Player
Alan King, Barry Dyson
Roll on next season and something worth talking about. This thread is embarrassing. Please can we all call a truce and move on.

drwhoman

4-2

Hear Hear BBTC! I usually enjoy the blog on this site. Keen support for the team and some thoughtful commentaries. I am not really sure why we are reading all the vitriol at present. Reminds me of some of the stuff you see elsewhere which causes me to immediately change websites! The season is over and we have survived again. Let us be happy with that.

Ian

Super White!
Admin
Player
Aldo
Manager
Kingy
This thread is embarrassing. Please can we all call a truce and move on.
Very emarrassing. Can we try and stay on topic as much as possible. Also, please keep anything personal off the main forums. If you have a problem with someone and feel the need to tell them, send them a PM.

This keeps the threads as tidy as possible and means we don't have to read the junk inbetween.

Any more posts that are personal, threating, insulting etc will simply be deleted.

I'm closing this thread as it's run its cause.

Status
Not open for further replies.