• Nigel Adkins has been given the Tranmere job on a permanent basis signing until the end of the 25/26 season. Continue the discussion here.

TRFC 2 Gillingham 2

P

PaulCook'sMagicLeftFoot

Very frustrating game. We had moments were we looked brilliant and moments were we looked dreadful.

Not as dreadful as the ref though, how many handballs did he miss? Missed at least two elbowings. Don't know who it was but I clearly saw someone get punched in the line for the freekick they scored from and I was all the way down the other end of the Johnny King stand.. That's not to mention not sending off their keeper.

Gillingham as others have said should deffo be the happier team there. I'm nominating them as my dirtiest team i've seen so far this season though. Long way to go yet mind you. :D

S

sam miguel

"We'll get there and get it sorted, and hopefully will turn a corner soon. We're trying to win games but we're not at the moment. We're a little bit chewy with each other because we're frustrated." Brian Little from official webshite

What the hell is chewy? That’s just conjuring up some really worrying mental images....

Game was poor, but I think with Facey and Greenacre up front goals aren’t going to be a problem, and as Little says we concede stupid goals so he’s on the right track just hope he can resolve the problem.

First time I’ve seen Greenacre and was impressed, he’s got that skill of hanging in the air which I haven’t seen at Tranmere since Dave Kelly.

One thing that got me was their penalty, just before Facey was literally having his shirt pulled off his back in their penalty area and next thing they go on the attack and the ref gives them a penalty!

MOM = Facey

Gray

Player
Ian Goodison... who else!
sam miguel said:
and as Little says we concede stupid goals so he’s on the right track just hope he can resolve the problem.

Get Well Soon, Ian Sharps :roll:

bolton_hater

White Review FC Manager
Player
Greenacre at the mo, all time is Aldo!
I think greenacre was great but admire Aiston for thismatch he was superb

BH MOTM= Super Sammy Aiston.

J

Johnny King is God

I though Aiston was gash - funny how people can have such different views of the same game!

Joe_TRFC

'Midfield General'
Player
Nevin
Although I wasn't at the game and so can't really have a man of the match that counts... I'll go for Sam Aiston. He sounded like he was working very hard down the left from the sounds of the commentary.

smilingmart

I thought Aiston played well all things considered but a right-footer on the left of midfield I ask you!!

We need left feet.

Tremarco left back, Roberts left midfield and EITHER Aiston OR Summerbee on the right. I think Little has tried to play both but the match was screaming out for a left footed player to play left mid. It was SOOOO frustrating.

bolton_hater

White Review FC Manager
Player
when we went 2-1 up I thought we're gonna go ona nd win something like 4-1 here but we messed it up AGAIN.

P

PaulCook'sMagicLeftFoot

Funny that I thought we'd go on a romp when we got the second as well.

Ho hum.

M

Matthew The Rover

PaulCook'sMagicLeftFoot said:

Ho hum.

When did Tranmere every close a game out well?

bolton_hater

White Review FC Manager
Player
what do you mean?

Ian

Super White!
Admin
Player
Aldo
Manager
Kingy
bolton_hater said:
what do you mean?
he means tranmere very rarely finish off teams.

P

PaulCook'sMagicLeftFoot

Matthew The Rover said:
PaulCook'sMagicLeftFoot said:

Ho hum.

It's got to happen some time. Just got a gut feeling when we got the second goal.

Must have been wind. :D

M

Matthew The Rover

DixieDean said:
Matthew The Rover said:

12th Aug (Tranmere 4 Oldham 0)

One game this season, to go with four draws...last season we dropped 26 points from drawing or losing games after leading a game

DixieDean

Matthew The Rover said:
One game this season, to go with four draws...last season we dropped 26 points from drawing or losing games after leading a game

true indeed...

anyone know how many times we have come from behind to win in a game under Little?
I don't know the answer, but it can't be many... I think he lacks the kind of passion needed to do that kind of thing..

everyone has there own style i suppose. let's just hope his can get us right up there this season :)

Joe_TRFC

'Midfield General'
Player
Nevin
Yes we do need to learn to hold on to or increase our leads.