• Nigel Adkins has been given the Tranmere job on a permanent basis signing until the end of the 25/26 season. Continue the discussion here.

TRFC 0 - 2 Scunthorpe

NeverBeatDaveHiggins

Superwhite
Mods
I'm too angry right now to write a report, other than to say to the people chanting to get rid of just Lorraine, she's not the one that picks the team.

Someone else say something.

smilingmart

I thought that was shite.What did you think?

I thought shite. What did you think?

Shite. I thought.

VERY VERY MAD :twisted:

Ian

Super White!
Admin
Player
Aldo
Manager
Kingy
That was one of the worst games of football we've played at home for a while. However, I really do think now, more than ever that Little has lost the plot.

Big changes, we were promised. What big changes? Its never going to happen with a squad just big enough to fit five of them on the bench. In his favour, his options are very limited. However, the options he does choose are simply baffling.

I couldnt believe the team. Simply couldnt believe it.

Goodison at left back, with Tremacro on the left wing. What?!? What is with his persistence to play Goodison in every game. We didnt need him tonight. Tremacro would have been better at left back, with Aiston on the wing. Where was Aiston. Warming the fucking bench. :evil:

Jennings was on the other wing, he's not a winger!! Sharps, Jackson and Bruce were the other obvious defenders. No big changes there.

Maybe the big changes would happen in midfield. Lets have a look. McAteer and Rankine!! Hmm... Two of the oldest players in the squad who cant run or control a midfield. Good choice Brian. It's not like Little didn't know this, McAteer especially has been shite all season, he was no different tonight.

Then the lonely two of Greenacre and Facey receiving absolutely no service whatsoever.

That performance was simply dire. There was nothing, absolutely nothing positive to take from that performance.

So we went 1 down early on. OK, plenty of time for an equaliser. Sadly, it never came and never looked like coming. The formation, the players just looked wrong. So what did Brian do? Sweet FA. He waited till ten minutes after half time to make changes. Alarm bells surely must have been ringing at 2-0 down.

Bristol City, away, next week. Ohh, how we laugh :roll:

NeverBeatDaveHiggins

Superwhite
Mods
Regarding Jennings playing on the right, I think I can explain it.

It's almost as though Brian was trying to play a back six of:

Tremarco (LWB)
Goodison (CB), Sharps (CB), Jackson (CB), Bruce (CB)
Jennings (RWB)

Plus the two defensive midfielders in front.

How defensive can you get?!?!!?

S

Seanyb

I am going to apologise now for even predicting that we were gonna win 4-1! I dunno what to say but that is the worst game of football i have seen in my life ( thats including sunday league matches!). I have previously said give BL a chance to turn things round but i've got to ask the question, WHAT IS HE DOING TO TURN THINGS ROUND!!!!!!!

I wouldn't be suprised if i turned on the telly tomorrow with the report saying BL has been sacked by TRFC.

DixieDean

i'm not proud of the fact i've correctly predicted defeats in our last 2 games. We are quite crud. My season ticket went unused last night as I had no intention of wasting my time "supporting" them. I've lost total faith in BL and his ability as a manager. Saying that i've only had shreds of hope for the last 12 months anyway.

As NBDH pointed out, how can ANY manager be so negative at home as to play 5 defenders and 2 defensive/old/slow central midfielders? with 2 wingers sitting on the bench? it's quite bizarre.

Finally, I wonder if Brian has a bet with his wife/mates/coaching staff as to how many players he can play out of position?

There was absolutely no reason to play anyone out of their natural positions last night and you would think with moral low, that the first thing he should do is get everyone playing in their normal and best positions.
But no, he plays a right footed CB at left back, pushes a left back with minimal experience into left midfield and ask a central midfielder to play out on the right. Unless NBDH is correct with his 4 CB line-up claim! :shock:

Anyhow, BL should be flogged in the street with a sockful of his own poo.

DixieDean

smilingmart said:
I thought that was shite.What did you think?

I thought shite. What did you think?

Shite. I thought.

VERY VERY MAD :twisted:

Mart, how fickle of you.... :D :shock: :D

Only kidding, I hope you are finally seeing what many of us have seen for a while, which is a team playing under the instruction of a manager who quite simply hasn't got a clue.

smilingmart

DixieDean said:
Mart, how fickle of you....

Thats interesting. I've been thinking of Tranmere a lot recently and I've come to the conclusion that we are a mid-table league 1 team. With a poor manager we get relegated, with an average manager we finish mid-table and with a great manager we finish in the playoffs or higher.

By my own admission Little is therefore at the moment (remember there are 23 games to go) in the 'poor manager' bracket.

There is a long way to go but our season is already a struggle. :cry:

Ian

Super White!
Admin
Player
Aldo
Manager
Kingy
And the most annoying thing of all today, is that we can't do a damn thing about us slipping down the table. All we can do is sit back and watch the teams play it out today. I wouldnt like to think were we could be sitting at the close of play today. #-o

Gray

Player
Ian Goodison... who else!
Grrr. I'm at my girlfriends parents house in a large town not far from Manchester for the weekend ( :!: ) so thought I'd make the trip over last night for the game. My brother spent THREE HOURS on the M6 last night driving up from Birmingham for the game.

For what?

That was a truely AWFUL game of football.

I can't remember a game where we had so many free-kicks in dangerous areas or so many corners, yet we got maybe one or two weak shots on target. The idea of us scoring from open play was just laughable given that our midfield's two options were to a) pass it across the park and then back to Achterberg as soon as a Scunny player breathed on them, or b) punt it over the top.

Unfortunately, based on last night 'scaredy cat' performance, we now have a complete lack of confidence to add to our long list of problems.

I didn't boo them off last night, but I certainly didn't clap them either.

I'm sick of trekking up and down the M6 to watch such dire football :cry: Coventry City have a nice shiny new stadium and its only 5 minutes from my house.

KIDDING, JUST KIDDING :wink: If I don't laugh about it I'll cry.

COME ON TRANMERE :!: :!: :!:

Joe_TRFC

'Midfield General'
Player
Nevin
I was so sure we would win last night... Don't know what I was thinking! :roll: Not much we can do or say about it really... apart from something needs changing. I feel if we had started with Jennings with Rankine in centre and Aiston down the right... then that may have made a difference.

what an absolute joke of a performance! let alone team selection!
why does BL insist on playin goodi(let alone McAteer?)i suppose only brian can answer that one!he blames the two wide boys for our two recent defeates away from home and yet who will he blame now,he certainly can't blame them!they did thier best to get us back in-it and sammy was so unfortunate not to score!i feel little let tremrco down last night as he is a crackin young left back,but has very little experience,so to play him in on the left wing was a big ask!four centre halfes in a back four does not work so why does BL insist on stickin with it?why not play a 3-5-2,he had his best success with that formation,and also fans might forgive him then for pickin goodi!also it might give theo a chance!McAteer got some stick last night according to reports,and rightly so aswell.what has he done since he came from sunderland,apart from look like a right hob-nob on the telly against hartlepool in the P-O-S-F 2nd leg?he needs sackin'(or at least droppin from the 1st team!)i agree with jennings in the team(but little why not play him in his correct position?)the lad looked lost last night!the worst decision little made last night was to leave it until 10mins in the 2nd half to make a double substitution!why?the second one was,why not bring on young davies with 15mins left,cos' facey never looked liked scoring all night :!: our hopes for promotion have gone now i feel, and that feels really sad to say has we are only just in october!i'm afraid it's time for a change more than ever now,and it starts with little and not rogers :!: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:

Boz

Player
Iain Hume
Luckily this site was undergoing essential maintenance when I got back from the game, so these thoughts are penned after some calming down.

We conceded a very good goal early on. For the rest of the 1st half, possession was about even, but Scun thorpe looked the more threatening no surprise when we gave away a second, a combination of poor defending after a daft tackle by McAteer. Things improved in the 2nd half in that we threatened their goal a bit more, especially after the substitutions. Musselwhite(who I've hated ever since his feigning injury got Clint Hill sent off) made a lucky save from a deflected shot from Ranks and there were a few other efforts on target. However the visitors were unlucky to have a goal chalked out for offside & big John made a pair of good saves within a minute, so the scoreline could have ended up worse.

Would agree with much of what's been said about team selection above. Recently, Goodison has been one of our better players (& I'm not a fan) and should have been played as a central defender. While it was wrong to play both the younger lads out of position, Tremarco did ok as a left midfielder whereas Jennings struggled on the right. We lacked a creative central midfielder to supply Greenacre with some balls on the deck & given the number of high balls in the box, surely worth giving Steve Davies a run out, it couldn't have made things any worse

bolton_hater

White Review FC Manager
Player
Greenacre at the mo, all time is Aldo!
terrible performace, embarrsing. taking nothing away from scunny well done.

You can blame anyone, rogers cos we all hate her :roll: liittle cos there must be something hes doing wrong, players cos they didn't look bothered.

i don't know what to say just sort it oput I don;lt care how just do it!

Player
Johnny Morrissey
Well I was fuming last night so have waited til now to post.

What a shambles? And "Rogers : sort it out!" - how - putting her boots on? Cos it's the football side that needs sorting out - which I belive is BLs job is it not? Yet they chant his name forever more??? Don't get it?

The simple answer is the players are not good enough or not performing well enough. We have lost the 2 best players from last season's not good enough side and replaced them with who? Bruce - average oversells him, he's pants. And have we replaced Hume? No! There's no creativity - hence we created very little, cos we played about 8 defensive players last night!!!

Promotion - no chance. Relegation - a very distinct possibility. :cry:

Gutted, embarrassed, disappointed - season ticket - what a waste of money! :oops: :cry:

bolton_hater

White Review FC Manager
Player
season ticket waste of meny absolutley not! I'd still support them no matter what and to give them my support I havemyt season ticket, so season ticket is no waste of meny, juyst the players time is at waste.

Player
Johnny Morrissey
BH - I know, it was said as I am mad :twisted: I will eventually calm down :lol: and find it wasn't meant at all - I will supprt Tranmere forever and a day but it is not worthwhile unless the players look like they want to win as much as we do!

P

PaulCook'sMagicLeftFoot

Shite, utter shite that was. Seemed to get better when Aiston and Sumerbee came on, some good cross's and free kicks from Summerbee. Aiston may not be the most skilful of players but the lad works hard and doesn't give up like most of the team.

One question though, what's the point in playing the long ball, if your strikers can't get into any kind of scoring position once they've brought the ball down as the midfield (who they?) are half an hour behind the play and aren't there to support the strikers.

M

Matthew The Rover

Having just realised I haven't as yet posted in this thread about last night, I am going to give you a short post.

Little is still the man to keep us up, but his tactics must change. That was indeed the worst performance I have seen from a Tranmere team in normal circumstances (excluding Hull away) in a long time.

bolton_hater

White Review FC Manager
Player
SCooperSomersaults said:
BH - I know, it was said as I am mad :twisted: I will eventually calm down :lol: and find it wasn't meant at all - I will supprt Tranmere forever and a day but it is not worthwhile unless the players look like they want to win as much as we do!

i know how you feel i'll forgive you :wink: :lol: