• Nigel Adkins has been given the Tranmere job on a permanent basis signing until the end of the 25/26 season. Continue the discussion here.

Transfer rumours

Player
Jimmy Harvey
Its that magical time of the year when anything is possible and fans dare to dream. As per there will be some corkers that have grounding in fiction alone and others that you may consider viable. Here are some for starters:
Cody McDonald / Norwich (Striker)
Clayton Donaldson / Free agent (Striker)
Esteban Casagolda / Free agent (Striker)
Ethan Mannion / Free agent (Striker)
Jason Koumas / Free agent (Midfield)
Matt Tubbs / Crawley (Striker)
Danny Holmes / TNS (Full back)
Bolo Zenden / Free agent (Midfield)
Chris Almond / Skelmersdale (Striker)
Pedro Monteiro / Free agent (Defender)
Liam Hearn / Alfreton town (Striker)
Gary Twigg / Shamrock Rovers (Striker)
Gary Hamilton / Glentoran (Striker)
Mike Grella / Free agent (Striker)
Michael Wilde / Chester (Striker)
Lateef Elford Aliyu / WBA (Striker)
Anthony kay / Huddersfield (Defender/midfielder)
Roy Carrol / Free agent (Goal Keeper)
Reece Styche / Forest Green (Striker)
Greg Tansey / Stockport (Midfielder)
Gary Jones / Rochdale (Midfielder)
Danny Kedwell / AFC Wimbledon (Striker)
Elliot Richards / Bristol Rovers (Striker)
Ryan Taylor / Rotherham (Striker)
Sam Sodje / Notts County (Defender)
Jamie Cureton / Exeter (Striker)
Carl Regan / Free agent (Defender)
Glenn Little / Free agent (Winger)
John Paul Kissock / Southport (Striker)

Some of these players may already have found new clubs and if they have apologise. Like I say these have been mentioned on various other websites. Just thought whilst its quiet it may provide a few talking points. Anyone else heard any rumours?

bigmart

bigmart
Player
Ian Muir
Cody McDonald would be good if we could get him on a seasons loan, ive heard various mentions that we are signing Danny Holmes we will need a keeper if the rumours of Warner leaving are true.

Warner will stay

Tony is fine at Tranmere.

He's moved back to Liverpool, bought a house near The Phil and is spending his time money and efforts doing it up. He is in tremendous shape and will be spot on for the new season. I'm sure he will prove to be the best keeper in the division by far.

I hope he extends his career by a good 4 seasons or more.

SonkORLY?

Player
Eddy Sonko
warner is a twat, half-decent keeper, don't really care if he stays or goes

lol, koumas

Sparky

Player
Chris Greenacre
No chance of signing Koumas. I'll keep dreaming tho !

Warner apart from some dodgy kicks, is a top quality keeper at this level and we need to sign him up so we have a decent spine with him, Goodi, Welsh, Enoch etc

bigmart

bigmart
Player
Ian Muir
A rumour doing the rounds is that Shrewsbury have offered him more money & if he did go there he wanted have to move house so it could be possible.

Player
Alan King, Barry Dyson
I'd like to see Lateef back next season. He had the right attitude and is young enough to develop into a good player.

Ian

Super White!
Admin
Player
Aldo
Manager
Kingy
I heard Warner wanted to move on..
Yeah, would like to see Lateef back.

Forget Koumas, he's too lazy.

Sparky

Player
Chris Greenacre
Yeah Lateef did really well. 5 goals I think in 17 ish games. Sign him up.

Reuben Hazell is available. Has always impressed on his return to PP plus plenty of experience and was Oldhams club captain.

But they made him 2 offers, the 2nd an increase in wages - so cant see him being attracted by our wages of £100 a week plus a box of mars bars

Ian

Super White!
Admin
Player
Aldo
Manager
Kingy
Yup. Well, we need an experienced keeper between the sticks as currently we have two young lads. Was Nixon any good at the masters?

Player
Alan King, Barry Dyson
Reuben Hazell is available. Has always impressed on his return to PP plus plenty of experience and was Oldhams club captain.

But they made him 2 offers, the 2nd an increase in wages - so cant see him being attracted by our wages of £100 a week plus a box of mars bars
Shay Logan is also available. If we can afford him, I'd say he would be a better bet.

Boz

Player
Iain Hume
Warner's departure coupled with Les' decision to release Collister means we need to sought the goalkeeping situation as a priority. I thought Warner got most things right after a shaky start and commanded his area well. Overall him going leaves me concerned rather than devastated.

If Michael Kay and Danny Holmes are signing, we hardly need Hazell or Logan as well.

SonkORLY?

Player
Eddy Sonko
Tony is fine at Tranmere.

He's moved back to Liverpool, bought a house near The Phil and is spending his time money and efforts doing it up. He is in tremendous shape and will be spot on for the new season. I'm sure he will prove to be the best keeper in the division by far.

I hope he extends his career by a good 4 seasons or more.

Agree

F**k Danny Holmes as well. If he's been released by TNS, who didn't even win the Welsh Prem last year, then what use is he to us? Surely we can do better. Hazell would be a top signing if Mark Mac leaves, although would likely command a larger salary. Otherwise, as Boz alludes, other positions probably require greater attention.

Logan has experience right and left mid, but not sure he'd drop as low as TRFC. Would be happy to have him here though.

WildRover

Player
Kevin Gray (ha!)
Hopefully we will have some activity soon as the 1st July should mean the contracts have ended of those we are looking at...Just dont want a last minute panic buying session (Why didnt we keep collister if we weren't 100% certain TW was going to stay?)

Boz

Player
Iain Hume
Danny Holmes allegedly wouldn't sign a new deal at TNS, as wants to return to league football and other sides are meant to be interested as well. He wasn't that bad in his first spell here, but suffered from Ronnie's reluctance to give the youngsters a go. Don't care much either way.

Logan is unlikely to come to Rovers on a permanent basis for financial reasons as SonkORLY? suggests. We'd certainly be topping the disciplinary bad boys league with Shay and Joss in the same side;-)

Player
Alan King, Barry Dyson
The main problem Les has is finding and keeping good, experienced pros. We have quite a few good youngsters from the centre of excellence and from Premier League reserve teams, but the only players with any real experience we have under contract are Goodi, Enoch, Welshie and Zoum. I think this is partly why we are so erratic. That's one reason why we need to keep Robbo. Obviously it's mainly down to money, but as Les has shown, it's not impossible to find this sort of player - just difficult. Hopefully, it may be easier this close season, as there are so many more on the market.

Much as I wish we could have afforded to keep Joe Collister, we need an experienced number one. If not Warner, then Les must sign another old hand.

On another front, I see we've lost Dave Lowe but moved quickly to get John McMahon back as a replacement. We've also got a new physio in ex-Rover Gregg Blundell. At least the backroom looks in good shape for the coming season.

Let's not worry too much until next month when out-of-contract players have to make their minds up.

Sparky

Player
Chris Greenacre
I am slightly concerned now Warner has gone. Les has 3/4 keepers on trial but if none of them impress, we're going to be back into the loan market again.

I would snap Logan up straight away if we could. Even if we sign Kay, Logan in an advanced role down the right would work well - although maybe not in a 4-3-3.

Clubs are starting to sign players now. Carlisle signed McGovern and MK Dons have signed Bowditch - both would have been good signings. Lets hope Les has a few irons in the fire.

But what about Robbo, McCrystal - its all quiet on this front.