• Nigel Adkins has been given the Tranmere job on a permanent basis signing until the end of the 25/26 season. Continue the discussion here.

Tranmere vs Southend (21/1/06)

Joe_TRFC

'Midfield General'
Player
Nevin
Okay so we have Southend at PP this coming Saturday. It seems like O'leary will recover in time for this game, but John Achterberg may still not be ready in time. Ian Goodison is out after picking up his 5th booking at Hartlepool although he also has a groin injury. Brian has indicated that Aiston will start, but also said in his interview that Gareth Roberts has not indicated that he is not interested in a move to Hull and so he could be on his way as we don't want him to leave for nothing in the summer. I'm really not sure about this game... Little thinks a few players are becoming distracted by transfer speculation which is not good. My prediction is...

Tranmere 1-2 Southend

bolton_hater

White Review FC Manager
Player
Greenacre at the mo, all time is Aldo!
As much as I really hope we win of course, I think this will be hard. Hard to predict any scores but I'm going with a southend win, maybe, we might scrape a draw.

M

Matthew The Rover

A terribly tough game against a side which is getting better ans better.

Tranmere 1-1 Southend

B

Birkenhead Born and Bred

I feel we are at home and we should win our home games but I feel we can get something out of this game but im not predicting because we are so unpredictable

bolton_hater

White Review FC Manager
Player
Goodison's out! :D

B

Birkenhead Born and Bred

bolton_hater said:

Best news I've heared for a while!!! :lol: 5 yellow cards isn't it!! He lets our team soo bad. Gareth Roberts can go back to left back where he belongs but it scares me because if he has a good game more bids will fly in I reckon

A

AndyRoo16

lol same here....gr8 news....
i fancy 0-0 as thats hoe its been lately....
should be a tough contest....
Southend may be complacent??

Player
Morrisey
I will not be drawn it will either be won 3-1 southend or 1-0 by us!

Boz

Player
Iain Hume
It will be my first game since the defeat at Barnsley. With the recent transfer speculation and the fact that Southend have a very good attack and Rovers have been firing blanks lately, can't see anything other than a defeat. 1-3.

Player
Johnny Morrissey
Joe_TRFC said:
bolton_hater said:

Did you read my first post??? :roll: :lol:

Think it was just a release a relief, he couldn't believe it! :lol: As for the game, difficult one, Southend are top and thrashed Brentford last week. Hopefully we can perform as well as we can and give them a tough game, hopefully attack them as thats when we're better! Take note Brian eh :wink:

Joe_TRFC

'Midfield General'
Player
Nevin
:lol: Maybe if we play like we did first half against Swansea and maybe Bournemouth we could get something. Never thought i'd be saying that we'd struggle to get anything against Southend at PP!!! Oh dear! :(

J

Johnny King is God

I'm going for a 1-0 win to us.

Whats this Dino keeper been like for us? I havent seen him yet, but two out of three clean sheets is pretty good. Not heard much said about how good he has been?

M

Matthew The Rover

Well he didn't actually have anything to do vs. Hartlepool for one

Player
Johnny Morrissey
Nor in the other 2 games really. But deffo more assured than Wilson ever was! :lol:

Gray

Player
Ian Goodison... who else!
It'll be a tough one and both teams will be confident. Draws seem to be the order of the day at the moment.

Gray's prediction: Rovers 1 - 1 Southend

Player
Morrisey
This is a game that if we win it will let the players know that they have the ability to be up their with the top few! I think that this game could be the defining point of our season! A win would send confidence sky high! Unfortunately I cannot see a win happening!

bolton_hater

White Review FC Manager
Player
s_w_a, thats my thoughts exactly, I can just see it beinga another brentford type of match. I hope I get proved wrong.

nomur

Still The Irish Rover
Player
Power!
I could defintely see us take a point away from it and I think that would even be enough to help us grow in confidence again.

Southend have been held to draws in the last couple of months by the Dons, Oldham, Huddersfield, Bradford & Chesterfield so they're defintely there for the taking.

It's not impossible to get a result here.

Either 0-0 draw or 1-0 to us.

COME ON ROVERS!!!!!
=D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D>