• Nigel Adkins has been given the Tranmere job on a permanent basis signing until the end of the 25/26 season. Continue the discussion here.

League Two Tranmere Rovers (2) v Mansfield Town (1)

Match result

• Tranmere

Votes: 1 20.0%
  • Draw

Votes: 2 40.0%
  • Mansfield

Votes: 2 40.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Tranmere Rovers (2) v Mansfield Town (1)
Posted by Ian
Prenton Park
Tuesday, March 12, 2024 - 07:45 PM
Until: Tuesday, March 12, 2024 - 10:00 PM
(Adjusted for timezone: Europe/London)
Categories

Upcoming dates
All times have been adjusted for the timezone: Europe/London

This event has expired and has no upcoming dates

Sparky

Player
Chris Greenacre
Poor goal to concede, ball over the top and Yarney loses Swann who finishes

Boz

Player
Iain Hume
Some thought their goal was offside, hard to tell from my viewpoint. The officials do seem to be giving.a lot of the 50/50s Mansfield’s way.. Hard game to call.
Morris is being quiet tonight.

Sparky

Player
Chris Greenacre
Looked offside.
I thought it was level and the lack of reaction from the players suggested he was onside. Swann took it well but Yarney did switch off.

That apart we’ve played well. Hopefully we keep being positive and can test their keeper a bit more

Reactions: Ian

Boz

Player
Iain Hume
Fine goal from Apter, but still feels this game could go one of three ways.

Boz

Player
Iain Hume
Do we need to make a change? Mainly Mansfield now

bigmart

bigmart
Player
Ian Muir
Won 2 1 I would say we deserved the win as we were just the better team

Player
Jason Koumas / John Morrissey
Manager
John King
I thought we were superb and deserved to win the game by a bigger margin. Mansfield had opportunities but their attacks were sporadic, and aside from the opening five minutes I thought we were the superior side throughout. We were far hungrier off the ball and some of the one touch passing was a delight to watch.

Pretty much everybody played well, but Hendry, Apter, Wood and Turnbull were outstanding. However, I thought Jennings put in a faultless performance and was just ahead of Jordan as man of the match.

I am still not convinced Yarney is good enough, and we really need Davies back at the weekend.

Two very good performances in succession and hopefully we still have enough left in the tank for Saturday.

Sparky

Player
Chris Greenacre
Another great win against top the table but perhaps a bit more satisfying than the Stockport win.

Set pieces were key against Stockport but tonight was a great game of football and we deserved the win.

Apter will get the headlines with another excellent goal but so many played well tonight. Mentions for Jennings, Wood and Hendry who were excellent with Regan getting my MOM with the first goal, great energy and excellent link up play. Wood possibly had his best game for us and what can you say about Connor Jennings

You scratch your head that we can beat Stockport, Notts County, Mansfield at home plus get away draws at Mansfield and a point v Crewe at home who are up there. Yet we lose at places like Donny and FGR.

A great night though and won’t do season ticket sales any harm. Apter has scored home and away v Mansfield and if they go up they might try and sign him from Blackpool.

Bring on Wrexham!

Last edited:
Player
Ged Brennan, Big Steve McNulty,
Manager
Mickey Mellon, Johnny King.
I actually thoroughly enjoyed that tonight.
A great win.
I thought it was a great team effort and we were the better footballing team. Some of the attacking moves were so refreshing to watch.
Their goal was not offside, just a lapse in concentration.
Thought our energy levels were very good, tactics and shape were spot on.
Just a pity about the first half of season.

Player
Ged Brennan, Big Steve McNulty,
Manager
Mickey Mellon, Johnny King.
Attendance announced as 5400+ with around 500 away.
And as @Boz said quiet.
Which is a sad state and predictable on a Tuesday night for such a game and performance.
Someone said that the wood over the turnstiles for town paddock had rotted and fell down.
The paddock was shut for safety.

Reactions: Boz

Ian

Super White!
Admin
Player
Aldo
Manager
Kingy
Brilliant performance and we really raise our game against the top teams. It shows we can do it and look very good doing it but the away form has to be addressed. It is like watching a different teams at times. If we can master that, we would be looking down more often than we are looking up.