• Nigel Adkins has been given the Tranmere job on a permanent basis signing until the end of the 25/26 season. Continue the discussion here.

Tranmere 1-0 Oldham

• Thread starter championship_here_we_come
  • Start date
can i just say that i am not slagging the baldy left winger whos legs are on the wrong way round off.

i even said that against morecambe (who's right back is a full time bricklayer or electrician or whatever these conference players moonlight as)
that he was awful.

then someone said he was outstanding against cammell lairds, which i thought proved my point exactly.

dont get me wrong i for one hope that as ian stated, he might become the most important signing of the season so far......... but unless he has just been nervous because he has finally acheived his life's ambition of pulling on the famous white shirt and he will actually remember the basic skills of the game then i doubt it.

we'll soon see what happens against cheltenham or fingers crossed if he is unavailable maybe not till doncaster.

Ian

Super White!
Admin
Player
Aldo
Manager
Kingy
The Rovers! said:
Sub: Calvin Zola: Ran like a headless chicken when he came on the pitch.

I'm sorry. I nearly got to the end but just couldn't resist stopping at Zola. Ran like a headless chicken! Really?!? :???:

I actually thought he made a hell of a difference when he came on and had quite a few menacing runs. I know Calvin can look clumsy, but give the guy a break. When he does something good, let's celebrate :-D

OK, the rolling around on the pitch is a little pathetic. I wish he'd stop that! :lol: ](*,)

The Rovers!

Player
Pat Nevin/Kenny Irons
I didn’t mean it in a derogative manor; I just meant he was running around a lot, menacing runs aside.... He was still running around the pitch :-D ... didn’t say it was a bad thing :wink:

I think he did have a decent game yer and I wanted him to come on, i want to see Calvin show the potential he's got, as im sure every one in here agrees with????

Joe_TRFC

'Midfield General'
Player
Nevin
Been away from computer the past week or so and haven't really had time to read all the thoughts.

I thought we did well... you could tell we still hadn't clicked completely but we scored a good goal and defended well and for our first competitive match together you couldn't really complain.

Players that stood out for me:
Sherriff- Calm and composed
Goodison- Excellent

Good bits and pieces from Shuker and Greenacre and a well worked goal. Everyone else did what was needed of them.