• Nigel Adkins has been given the Tranmere job on a permanent basis signing until the end of the 25/26 season. Continue the discussion here.

The Squad for 2018/19

Player
aldo
also appears that some one has been made available . and mm needs to make wages available . who it is we dont know lets hope we get are man ?

Sparky

Player
Chris Greenacre
I’ll be gutted if Norburn leaves - but like Cook you can’t blame him going to a higher level for more money.

Hopefully we’ll get a decent fee and Micky already has replacements lined up as it’ll be a massive loss individually and for the team

Player
Jason Koumas / John Morrissey
Manager
John King
I can't believe we will sell Norburn. The midfield would be wholly inadequate if he left. I think it would take a ridiculous fee for someone to prise him away.

Player
aldo
i agree realy hope he is injured lets just get the transfer window over and done with . gotta remember it closes at 5 and not 11 like normal

Player
Alan King, Barry Dyson
When it comes down to it, every player has his price. I doubt we'd sell to another L2 club and he'd want to play in L1. Sunderland could certainly afford him if they wanted to pay the silly price we should be asking. The problem would then be how to get a replacement before the window shuts, although Micky may already have one or two players in mind.

We badly missed him on Saturday and ideally would need not just one but two replacements, as we are as weak in numbers in central midfield as we are up front.

M

Mal

Was the midfield inadequate on Saturday? Didn't see anything other than highlights as I couldn't make the game unfortunately.

Player
Manager
John King
Was the midfield inadequate on Saturday? Didn't see anything other than highlights as I couldn't make the game unfortunately.
Yes, in some respects, notably defensively for the two goals, as the manager commented.

A midfield of Banks, Harris and Gilmour would not be enough for a 46-game season at this level.

Sparky

Player
Chris Greenacre
Really hope we make good money if Norburn leaves. He’s a massive player for us so it should be reflected in the fee.

No surprise Shrews want him as Askey had Ollie at Macc of course.

Altho Saturday was one game it showed how much we need quality in the middle especially when you consider their 2 goals where we had no defensive midfield option as Harris and Banks had gone walkies

Player
Manager
John King
I will be gutted if Norburn goes. He is our best midfielder and we will struggle to bring in anybody with the same quality.

Sparky

Player
Chris Greenacre
Shrewsbury have signed our ex defender and Lincoln captain Luke Waterfall.

They obviously have money to spend so hopefully we’ll get a good fee if Norburn leaves, or, being positive, hopefully they’ve run out of money!

Ian

Super White!
Admin
Player
Aldo
Manager
Kingy
I have a gut feeling he’ll be staying put. Which usually means he’s already packing his bags ! :rolleyes:

Cowshed Kid

Player
Bobby Hutchinson
I think if Ollie was to be allowed to go then would he not have done so some time ago to provide funds for a Rowe bid?
Fingers crossed it'll blow over.

Charlton1975

Player
Jason Koumas
If you read the Shrews twitter feed they expect to sign Ollie in the next 48 hours, and popular opinion is that he didn't play on Saturday so that he didn't get injured before the move. I hope that this is all propaganda nonsense as he is a great player, and we look such a better team when he is in the side. You can see why other clubs are interested in him, but I just hope that having helped us to promotion, he wants a good go at seeing how far he can help us to go.

Boz

Player
Iain Hume
We are short of bodies in central midfield even were Norburn to stay. While I wouldn’t put him in the same league as Cook last season, there is no obvious replacement in the squad. Hence unless the player himself is agitating for a move, would prefer to let him run his contract down and ensure a better chance of a steady season in L2.

Player
Manager
John King
We are short of bodies in central midfield even were Norburn to stay. While I wouldn’t put him in the same league as Cook last season, there is no obvious replacement in the squad. Hence unless the player himself is agitating for a move, would prefer to let him run his contract down and ensure a better chance of a steady season in L2.
Yes, I agree completely. In my view it does not make any sense to sell him unless we can't afford to turn the cash down, which I would hope is not the case as a fairly modest fee has been quoted.

Harris does not remotely have the same quality and Gilmour, while talented, hardly has any experience. If we lose Norburn it would leave us very light in midfield with no realistic chance of bringing in a midfielder of the same standard.

Ian

Super White!
Admin
Player
Aldo
Manager
Kingy
Maybe the club are prepared to sell to the highest bidder as there seems to be interest from a number of clubs. Not sure where that would leave our midfield then. If we are looking to build and improve, this is only taking us backwards.

Player
Manager
John King
Norburn was definitely injured at Chorley, where he hobbled off the pitch. Apparently he has been having treatment away from the club, which is why he has not featured in the squad or been at the training ground since that game.

Hopefully this story is a lot of nonsense.