• Nigel Adkins has been given the Tranmere job on a permanent basis signing until the end of the 25/26 season. Continue the discussion here.

The Squad for 2018/19

Player
Jason Koumas / John Morrissey
Manager
John King
Norwood might sign a new contract mid-season. I am pretty sure that is what happened last time.

bigmart

bigmart
Player
Ian Muir
Disappointing that what looked a done deal doesn't happen, its strangely quiet on McNulty

drwhoman

If we were looking for an experienced winger with Merseyside roots, Adam Hammill was released by Barnsley.

Ian

Super White!
Admin
Player
Aldo
Manager
Kingy
I think McNulty is deciding between us and whoever else it was in the conference that was showing interest.

Hammill would be a great addition, very good player on his day but he’ll probably get better offers elsewhere.

Sparky

Player
Chris Greenacre
May depend on the manager Ian. Have a look at what I’ve put in the league 2 aspirations thread.

Player
Manager
John King
I wonder if we have considered Michael Cheek at Dagenham as a replacement for Cook, or at least as a number three striker ? Daggers are desperate to get him off their wage bill due to their ongoing financial problems. I am not sure if he could make the step up to the Football league, but he would be worth considering.

drwhoman

I see there is talk of Paul Anderson another decent winger on his day. Will be interesting to see how Mac go without Askey. Kennedy has gone with him to Shrewsbury.

Boz

Player
Iain Hume
Re Cheek, certainly capable of being at least a squad player at L2 level on what I've seen, but read that he wants to remain in the SE.

Sparky

Player
Chris Greenacre
Cheek is different to cook in that he’s not as good in the air and isn’t as mobile. Although could Micky do what he did with cookie and get him fitter? He does know where the goal is.

We’ve been linked with the nephew of Paul Ince, Rohan Ince a defensive midfielder.

Jake Kirby joins stockport. Good luck to him. Hope he stays fit.

Boz

Player
Iain Hume
Jake had a good loan spell at Stockport a few years ago. Hope this works out for him.

Ian

Super White!
Admin
Player
Aldo
Manager
Kingy
There's been talk of ex-rover Andy Taylor now a free agent.
Good luck to Jake!

Player
Manager
John King
I think the Stockport fans really took to Jake, so it should be a good move for him.

I am in two minds about Andy Taylor. Is he at a similar level to when he left us nine years ago ?

Player
Manager
John King
Cheek is different to cook in that he’s not as good in the air and isn’t as mobile. Although could Micky do what he did with cookie and get him fitter? He does know where the goal is.
Funnily enough, I always thought he was more mobile than Cook, although probably not as good in the air.

drwhoman

Not really on topic but I am sure folk will remember Carl Tremarco? His face popped up when reading about Sutton and BW playing in the Scottish Cjhallenge Cup next season. His team, Inverness, won the Cup in the season just gone.

Ian

Super White!
Admin
Player
Aldo
Manager
Kingy
Thanks drwhoman. Now that’s a name i haven’t heard in a long time!

Player
Alan King, Barry Dyson
Not really on topic but I am sure folk will remember Carl Tremarco? His face popped up when reading about Sutton and BW playing in the Scottish Cjhallenge Cup next season. His team, Inverness, won the Cup in the season just gone.
Wow, do you mean we'd have been playing in Scotland if we'd lost at Wembley?

drwhoman

There is an article on the BBC football website BBTC. They have had Welsh and Irish clubs before. I think it is a Cup for lower tier teams. It caught my eye and there was Carl grinning away!