• Nigel Adkins has been given the Tranmere job on a permanent basis signing until the end of the 25/26 season. Continue the discussion here.

The Squad 2022-23

Status
Not open for further replies.

ONIGP

Player
Eddie Bishop
I had it confirmed to me last night that all players currently out injured are now out for the season, including Joe Murphy
Surely we need to bring somebody in as cover. It would seem far too risky to go so long with no keeper on the bench. If I was playing for the opposition I would actually be targeting our keeper!

Ian

Super White!
Admin
Player
Aldo
Manager
Kingy
I don't think they have a choice now. They can get an emergency loan in if Hewelt gets injured.

ONIGP

Player
Eddie Bishop
I don't think they have a choice now. They can get an emergency loan in if Hewelt gets injured.
Thanks @Ian ; I hadn't realised that the rules were so strict. So our only option for the bench would be a registered youth or to bring in a pro keeper who is out of contract. I wonder what Barry Siddall's doing....

Boz

Player
Iain Hume
Thanks @Ian ; I hadn't realised that the rules were so strict. So our only option for the bench would be a registered youth or to bring in a pro keeper who is out of contract. I wonder what Barry Siddall's doing....
As previously mentioned think we may be out of time for signing unregistered players.

It’s pretty grim if Murphy, Jameson, Morris, Lewis, Walker, Nolan and Jolley etc are all missing for the rest of the season.

Player
Alan King, Barry Dyson
As previously mentioned think we may be out of time for signing unregistered players.

It’s pretty grim if Murphy, Jameson, Morris, Lewis, Walker, Nolan and Jolley etc are all missing for the rest of the season.
Let's be thankful this is not critical. For every one of the previous ten seasons, we have been either chasing for promotion or battling against relegation. Every point has mattered. As long as these players are fit for next season, I'm pretty chilled about injuries at the moment. It will give a chance to some untried players without any real risk to the club's future.

Boz

Player
Iain Hume
BBTC. The problem is we haven’t got many untried players to give games to.
Hockenhull, Lomax and Stratulis out on loan, unsure about Williams. Fisher presume injured. Only Hoti and Taylor of the fit ones fall into that category along with the loanees Chalmers and Taylor-Cooke.

The situation with keepers does seem potentially unfair if the team we are playing is involved at either end of the table, Hewelt gets injured and we have to put an outfield player in goal. Can’t think many of them will be as good as Dave Higgins…

Player
Alan King, Barry Dyson
BBTC. The problem is we haven’t got many untried players to give games to.
Hockenhull, Lomax and Stratulis out on loan, unsure about Williams. Fisher presume injured. Only Hoti and Taylor of the fit ones fall into that category along with the loanees Chalmers and Taylor-Cooke.

The situation with keepers does seem potentially unfair if the team we are playing is involved at either end of the table, Hewelt gets injured and we have to put an outfield player in goal. Can’t think many of them will be as good as Dave Higgins…
Boz, we can bring our loanees back at any time. I would not be averse to seeing a couple feature in our starting line-up. We may be surprised. I’d certainly like to see more of what Hughes can do. I expect we have been considering whether to sign Chalmers permanently. If so, let’s play him. He may not have impressed so far, but neither did Hewelt before he was dropped then recalled.

Boz

Player
Iain Hume
BBTC, in principle I don’t disagree, but unsure that players who’ve been loaned for the rest of the season can be recalled at this point?

ADD

Player
Norwood
Boz, we can bring our loanees back at any time. I would not be averse to seeing a couple feature in our starting line-up. We may be surprised. I’d certainly like to see more of what Hughes can do. I expect we have been considering whether to sign Chalmers permanently. If so, let’s play him. He may not have impressed so far, but neither did Hewelt before he was dropped then recalled.
I read elsewhere that Stratulis we cannot bring back as an international loan and they have no recall provisons?

Sparky

Player
Chris Greenacre
I read elsewhere that Stratulis we cannot bring back as an international loan and they have no recall provisons?
Perhaps that’s the same with mcalear which I thought we would have recalled instead of signing the former Arbroath lad so Reece can get some league two experience

Boz

Player
Iain Hume
Hewelt, Stratulis, Burton, Taylor, Nolan, Williams, and Mumbongo
Lomax?
Agree that JDC would be very unlikely to stay. I’d be pleased if Davies and Merrie did, but no idea how likely that is.

Sparky

Player
Chris Greenacre
Can’t see cogley staying. I think Davies will have better options than us given our defensive record in the last two seasons. Think we missed a trick not letting him keep the captaincy when Hemmings came back although May not have made any difference.

I’d maybe give another year to the youngsters like stratulis, Taylor and lomax but I’d release Burton who has had enough chances along with mumbongo and certaintly nolan. Jameson May be worth another year as a squad player. I’d give merrie a new deal although I don’t think he’s indispensable. I’d give Murphy a player coach deal but release hewlet.

It probably means nothing but in the kop I always watch Davies as he comes onto the pitch just before kick off . So many times He always takes his chewing gum out of his mouth and volleys it into the kop. Then he thrusts his arm with a sort of come on gesture to the fans. On Saturday v Swindon I noticed for the first time in months he didn’t do his gesture. Probably means nothing but made me think whether after the Carlisle game he’s a bit fed up and wants to leave.

Of course a lot of this may be academic as some players may not consider a new deal until they know who the new manager is

Sparky

Player
Chris Greenacre
Talks are ongoing which doesn't really mean they will sign, Cogley will almost certainly leave there's a possibility the other 2 will stay
Yes all Dawes said was talks were ongoing. Which could easily we've simply been told by Cogley that he’s going elsewhere in the summer. Plus the same for Davies and merrie of course

ONIGP

Player
Eddie Bishop
Think we missed a trick not letting him keep the captaincy when Hemmings came back although May not have made any difference.
Personally, I think changing the armband mid-season is a snub to the player relinquishing it unless, of course, he wants to. I'm sure it would have had a more detrimental impact on Hemmings than a positive one on Davies. The time for changing your skipper is at the start of the season. I would be amazed if Davies didn't view it that way.

Status
Not open for further replies.