• Nigel Adkins has been given the Tranmere job on a permanent basis signing until the end of the 25/26 season. Continue the discussion here.

FA Cup Stevenage (4) v Tranmere (3)

Match result

• Stevenage

Votes: 8 100.0%
  • Draw

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Tranmere

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Stevenage (4) v Tranmere (3)
Posted by Ian
The Lamex Stadium
Saturday, November 4, 2023 - 03:00 PM
Until: Saturday, November 4, 2023 - 05:00 PM
(Adjusted for timezone: Europe/London)
Categories

Upcoming dates
All times have been adjusted for the timezone: Europe/London

This event has expired and has no upcoming dates

Higgy 2

Player
Dave Higgins
Some good points DB, not least a back up for Norris. Bring big Joel back?

Sparky

Player
Chris Greenacre
Just no more fullbacks or midfielders please!!! :)

Ian

Super White!
Admin
Player
Aldo
Manager
Kingy
Or what about decent midfielders?

Sparky

Player
Chris Greenacre
Is the match on telly anywhere tomorrow? ifollow for league games I think

Ian

Super White!
Admin
Player
Aldo
Manager
Kingy
Don't think so Sparky.

Quite liked this interview, he seemed focused without all the KPI BS etc..

Player
Ged Brennan, Big Steve McNulty,
Manager
Mickey Mellon, Johnny King.
He has taken the bs course, I was on, I recognise the same words......

Reactions: Ian

ADD

Player
Norwood
No mention of Taylor when discussing injuries in pre- match interview. Hope that does not reflect his views on him and that Adkins will start looking at him more positively as and when he is fit.

Ian

Super White!
Admin
Player
Aldo
Manager
Kingy
I like Taylor but I think what we need now is players with experience and ones that will get the in the mix and put themselves about. Taylor is still young and has plenty to learn, he's a great prospect but maybe not the right time for him.

Boz

Player
Iain Hume
No mention of Taylor when discussing injuries in pre- match interview. Hope that does not reflect his views on him and that Adkins will start looking at him more positively as and when he is fit.
Suggestion on another site, that Palios doesn't like Sam Taylor's agent and that's a factor in him being frozen out. No idea about the truth of that, but after some of the things Mark said in the recent podcast it wouldn't come as a total surprise. I hope that Adkins would resist any interventions of that ilk in team selection. I did feel it was poor of Nigel not to mention Sam at all in that interview, when he's talking about Starbuck, a player who's barely featured, being out for a while.

I partially agree with Ian, don't think would be starting Sam at present, but if he's fit a good option to have off the bench.

Has anything more been said about Apter being available tomorrow after O4APOs point about Blackpool not allowing him to get cup-tied last season?

Higgy 2

Player
Dave Higgins
No idea re team and for.ation, but I'm expecting something off piste. Together with "new" manager bounce I'm going for a score draw. Dennis somehow to get one....at least.:)

Ian

Super White!
Admin
Player
Aldo
Manager
Kingy
Packed midfield, going for suppression? Norris will be doing a lot of running. He'll be gassed by HT. Hopefully he comes through unscatched but bit risky that move.

Boz

Player
Iain Hume
Agree with the concerns about Luke Norris starting, risk of Glatzel last season syndrome. Good that Apter is able to play, unsure about the midfield.

Stevenage look fairly strong, Hemmings on the bench.

Last edited:

dollar'sbloke

Player
morrissey
Manager
king
Bigger risk to let the game go like last week before getting him on? I'd work on reverting to 451 when he gets dragged and getting Jolley, Taylor on