• Nigel Adkins has been given the Tranmere job on a permanent basis signing until the end of the 25/26 season. Continue the discussion here.

Southend v Rovers

Southend v Rovers
Posted by Ian
Roots Hall
Saturday, January 11, 2020 - 03:00 PM
Until: Saturday, January 11, 2020 - 05:00 PM
(Adjusted for timezone: Europe/London)
Categories

Upcoming dates
All times have been adjusted for the timezone: Europe/London

This event has expired and has no upcoming dates
Player
aldo
have to feel for Sol Camball the two clubs he has managed both do the same to the players and staff must be stressed to fk

Player
Jason Koumas / John Morrissey
Manager
John King
have to feel for Sol Camball the two clubs he has managed both do the same to the players and staff must be stressed to fk
I think he can afford it AM. I feel more sorry for the ordinary staff and the lower paid players.

Plus any Tranmere supporters that bought train and match tickets for the game weeks ago........

Ian

Super White!
Admin
Player
Aldo
Manager
Kingy
Agree with @ONIGP team highlighted above. I do love to see a battling Perkins in the middle but I would agree Danns is playing really well at the moment and fitness levels seem good so I would have him in the middle with Woodyard, Clarke in a back four as playing five is too crowded IMO. Jennings just behind Ferrier.

Enjoy the game @bring back the cowshed! I'm looking forward to the glowing report after the game! :thumbsup:

Sparky

Player
Chris Greenacre
Southend’s players have been paid today for December so game on after a bit of doubt. They’ve only won 1 game all season!! Surely we can beat them!

Boz

Player
Iain Hume
You would hope that the home team morale might be down after the delay in getting paid. However we didn't beat them at PP so their poor form didn't come to our rescue then. so despite their lowly position, take nothing for granted!!

Brightonian

Player
Ian Goodison, James Norwood
My first game to watch live since three early season matches due to a couple of bouts of illness. Really looking forward to this game not only as really being a six pointer but you don't realise how much you miss the Rovers until you can't go for a while.
Have been to Roots Hall several times over the years including the halcyon days for both clubs in what is now the Championship with Aldo, Nevin etc but never seen us win. Let's hope for a change of fortune tomorrow to see my first win this season and a first at Southend.
Bit out of touch with team selection so bow to you guys for thoughts on that score but agree with the need to get more of a grip of the midfield to both protect the defence and take control which probably means playing an extra man in the midfield., as you win few games if overrun in midfield. Most important seems to be to not give away cheap goals early on leaving a mountain to climb. From what you seem to have been posting, we have match winners in their day; just hope one of them does the business tomorrow.
Will be good to have a look at the new recruits and see if we can add to the tremendous spirit which seems in abundance with a bit more quality and leadership.
Enjoy the visit to what is best described as a traditional quirky ground that has seen better days.

Player
ian goodison
paddock forum reporting crewe looking at ray on loan also think miller has left but not 100% sure

Player
Alan King, Barry Dyson
paddock forum reporting crewe looking at ray on loan also think miller has left but not 100% sure
Would make sense now we have Clarke and McCullough and Gumbs returning soon but how long is Sid out? If we lose on Tuesday, I’d expect Ray to go to release some cash.

Player
Manager
John King
Miller has definitely left. Artell was at our game on Tuesday night apparently.

Player
aldo
not a shock miller going as for ray not seen him can,t comment on the guy . but mm says players need shipping out b4 more come in

Ian

Super White!
Admin
Player
Aldo
Manager
Kingy
Good, let's shift some dead wood out.

Boz

Player
Iain Hume
How bad is Nelson's injury? At the moment, Clarke and Monthe are the starters, if we play a central defensive pair. If either gets injured or Manny does go to Pompey or we play a back three we're still quite stretched there. McCulloch can play central defender ,though not done for us, Ellis and Gumbs not ready to resume. While Ray hasn't impressed,we need him as cover for now.

Player
Manager
John King
Ridehalgh can also play in a back three, so in the medium term we don't need Ray. He is one player I would definitely want to move on.

Boz

Player
Iain Hume
na shift him out can,t keep passengers .
What are you suggesting to address the lack of fit players in defence? Can’t see Stefan Payne as central defender :confused: While I take RLCs point re Ridehalgh, he’s not fit atm and given we’ve only got Woods or Morris (if using wing-backs) at left-back and Caprice/Woods at right-back, we are still very short of full-backs and because of the injury problems defenders in general. It didn’t sound from the Leicester game reports as though any of the youngsters were ready to step up. An indifferent defender in Ray is better than a poor one, think Antwi or Stephen Foster or no defender. By all means move him on if appropriate cover is sorted, but not before.

Player
Manager
John King
Ridehalgh ia back in full training and there is no suggestion Nelson's injury is serious, so we can afford to shift Ray before the end of January. We have just signed an additional centre back in Clarke.

ONIGP

Player
Eddie Bishop
What are you suggesting to address the lack of fit players in defence? Can’t see Stefan Payne as central defender :confused: While I take RLCs point re Ridehalgh, he’s not fit atm and given we’ve only got Woods or Morris (if using wing-backs) at left-back and Caprice/Woods at right-back, we are still very short of full-backs and because of the injury problems defenders in general. It didn’t sound from the Leicester game reports as though any of the youngsters were ready to step up. An indifferent defender in Ray is better than a poor one, think Antwi or Stephen Foster or no defender. By all means move him on if appropriate cover is sorted, but not before.
If the opportunity to move Ray on arises we should absolutely take it. Crewe know and rate him so that will be the best opportunity for all concerned. If we stall based on the fitness of other players the opportunity may be lost. As will everything it is risk v reward and the reward of freeing up budget outweighes the risk for me.

Player
Manager
John King
Clarke and Woodyard start in what looks like a 4411. Strong bench which Includes Banks, Gilmour and Ridehalgh.

Boz

Player
Iain Hume
Hadn’t realised Banks and Ridehalgh were back in contention, good to see them on the bench. Perkins as I expected keeps his place, presume with Woodyard’s arrival Danns will get a freer role.