• Nigel Adkins has been given the Tranmere job on a permanent basis signing until the end of the 25/26 season. Continue the discussion here.

Rovers vs. Crewe

Ian

Super White!
Admin
Player
Aldo
Manager
Kingy
tut tut.. left, got 5 mins down the road, made a u-turn. we'll never play this game. they should just hand us the game. 3-0. :twisted:

B

Banana Army

This thread will be the longest open in this subforum. How many other pre-match threads will be locked before this one? Place your bets now

Ian

Super White!
Admin
Player
Aldo
Manager
Kingy
playable?
ronnie doesnt look convinced..
010365306640700du5.jpg

010365306640600up2.jpg

NeverBeatDaveHiggins

Superwhite
Mods
Ahh we've played in worse fog that that. The year they introduced the orange ball for the first time instead of a white one for those sort of occasions (someone tell me the year) I think back then the referees were testing the envelope of what you could get away with. Last I heard the letter of the rules say if standing on the centre spot, both goal frames are visible then the match should go ahead. Yes that means one goalie can't see the other one (being twice that distance apart, the full length of the pitch), and that supporters at the back can barely see the front row - let alone the pitch - but the match should go ahead.

Don't know what the rules are now, but me personally I find the shiny yellow ball a lot less visible in all conditions; even in otherwise perfect visibility, worse still under floodlights and I can only guess about in the fog. The orange ball was much easier to see.

ohh thats ludicrous. you cant make a decison 45 mins before the game!! #-o

Better than playing 40 minutes and then abandoning it just before half time, with Tranmere winning by a couple. Happened before.

Ian

Super White!
Admin
Player
Aldo
Manager
Kingy
Last I heard the letter of the rules say if standing on the centre spot, both goal frames are visible then the match should go ahead.
Yes, I think that still stands. I feel a little guilty telling Coops to drive down but I honestly thought the game would have been on (sorry mate!). Like you say, we've played in worse before, and we have! But.. all down to the referee.

Better than playing 40 minutes and then abandoning it just before half time, with Tranmere winning by a couple. Happened before.

True I guess. Plus the supporters who've paid to get in will have wasted their good xmas money.

Annoyingly, the fog started to lift around 8pm!

Joe_TRFC

'Midfield General'
Player
Nevin
Yes I heard it cleared up so if we had played it would have been ok. The referee wasn't to know that though. I just hope Saturday's game is on... I should be up for that one and would be gutted if it was called off. The bbc 5 day forecast is saying Fog in Birkenhead on Saturday. Hopefully it will be ok! [-o<[-o<[-o<

Player
Johnny Morrissey
Fog on Saturday too?! Bloody hell - better not be - Over 200 miles travelled this week to see Tranmere and not seen a kick yet!:twisted: (especially pissed off as Ian definitely told me it WOULD BE ON - NO PROBS! Ha, cheers mate ;)