• Nigel Adkins has been given the Tranmere job on a permanent basis signing until the end of the 25/26 season. Continue the discussion here.

Rovers vs. Crewe

white life

white for life
Player
John Achterberg, Craig Curran and Anthony Kay
not really sure what to say about this as i havent really noticed crewe this season apart for their game against manchester united. From what i have heard, luke varney is a good player but that is about it. hopefully shukes will have his shooting boots on and maybe davies will play instead of ellison who looks like he should be in the stands half the time

Joe_TRFC

'Midfield General'
Player
Nevin
I wonder what Crewe team will turn up? If the good attacking Crewe turn up it could be quite a game with goals in. If the poor Crewe turn up then we should turn them over. They like to play 4-3-3 so we need to make use of the space out wide. Shuker and Ellison should get a lot of space to exploit so they need to use it and get some good balls into Greenacre and Taylor. These two home games coming up before Christmas are important and if we could win both we would set ourselves up nicely for the trips to Huddersfield and Nottm Forest.

NeverBeatDaveHiggins

Superwhite
Mods
Massive, MASSIVE game. Our results in December will of course determine where we sit at the start of January. Where we sit at the start of January determines how much money the club will risk towards promotion. A few bad ones now in December and we'd be mid-table and no more money would be coming. A few wins and we'd be sitting in the automatic spots and signing someone like Thompson wouldn't be an unrealistic expectation.

COME ON YOU WHITE BOYS!

Player
Alan King, Barry Dyson
Good points NBDH. EVERY game is a massive game for us this season. As you say, we need the points to encourage the board but we also need to be challenging strongly for promotion to bring the crowds back - which will increase the atmosphere - which should make the team play better - and so on. It's a virtuous circle. With no cup money to help us this season, it's make or break, I believe. I'm optimistic, but then if I wasn't, I wouldn't be a supporter!

nomur

Still The Irish Rover
Player
Power!
Match has been postponed lads! waterlogged pitch!!!!

Joe_TRFC

'Midfield General'
Player
Nevin
Rearranged for Tuesday night.

Gray

Player
Ian Goodison... who else!
Glad I didn't make the trip for this one then, I was thinking about it.

Not another dreaded Tuesday night game #-o

Boz

Player
Iain Hume
It seemed to be called off fairly late & I only found out on arriving at the ground.

If it's this Tuesday, the attendance will be deservedly derisory.

Player
Johnny Morrissey
Was just hitting the M53 for Birkenhead when we found out, gutted. There won't be a good crowd on Tuesday but it still remains a massive massive game. Especially after Scunny lost last nite too.

NeverBeatDaveHiggins

Superwhite
Mods
Had made it onto Storeton Road before hearing on Radio Merseyside that the match was off. Must have been called off around an hour before kick-off, but these things always take time to filter out to the media. Certainly too late to avoid inconviencing most supporters. Although we're annoyed I guess it's worse for the Crewe fans who will now have to make the coach journey a second time.

Joe_TRFC

'Midfield General'
Player
Nevin
It was announced just before 6pm on the official text and my cousin also got a txt message from the club at that time to tell him. I suppose the official txt message service the club offers can be useful at times. Any think playing a few days later will change what they think the outcome of the game will be? Maybe we will have a bit more pressure on us after knowing the weekends results? Hopefully we can take advantage of Forests defeat and Oldhams draw.

Gray

Player
Ian Goodison... who else!
Definitely more pressure now after Forest lost. Our Tuesday night form has been poor all season so I'm a bit worried. Predict we'll win 2-0 but that the scoreline will flatter us somewhat.

Del Shannon

Player
Iain Hume
It's extra pressure but also extra incentive, i think its good sometimes to know where you will be if you win without all the ifs and buts...

jim

There seems to be a lot of fog about today! Let's hope it's on.

Ian

Super White!
Admin
Player
Aldo
Manager
Kingy
Yes, just thinking that, and it seems to be getting worse. I can't get on the official site for some reason. Is the game still on?

jim

In case you still can't get on the official site:

"Further Pitch Inspection At 6.30pm

Following an initial inspection at 5.30pm, Tranmere's game against Crewe Alexandra tonight at Prenton Park is subject to a further pitch inspection by the referee at 6.30pm.
This is due to heavy fog. Further details will be announced as soon as possible."

NeverBeatDaveHiggins

Superwhite
Mods
And there will be ANOTHER one at 19:00.

Have some balls and make your mind up, WE ALWAYS GET S*** REFS.

Ian

Super White!
Admin
Player
Aldo
Manager
Kingy
ohh thats ludicrous. you cant make a decison 45 mins before the game!! #-o