• Nigel Adkins has been given the Tranmere job on a permanent basis signing until the end of the 25/26 season. Continue the discussion here.

rovers v poshit

drwhoman

Disappointing about Cook but I am sure it is a fitness thing. He played almost the whole game at the weekend. Bring him on later I imagine. Kirby may have had a reaction to his recovery from injury but who knows. As others have said, nice to see a few youngsters on the bench.

Ian

Super White!
Admin
Player
Aldo
Manager
Kingy
I think the Cook situation will always baffle me. Well, here we go, fingers crossed!

Sparky

Player
Chris Greenacre
Game over. All about damage limitation now.

Started brightly but a typical McEveley error (he's a liability at times) undid us.

Momentum lost and then we're 2-0 down but no excuse for an awful tackle from Harris and a deserved red card.

Madness as we had plenty of time left.

Ian

Super White!
Admin
Player
Aldo
Manager
Kingy
One of the worst 45 mins for some time. Defensively slow and pretty terrible. Norwood and McDonagh headless chickens up front. Going to be a horrible second half with very little possession.

Player
Jason Koumas / John Morrissey
Manager
John King
Harris missing for three games now. A pity, as we had started well, playing some decent football.

Player
Manager
John King
Lloyd is an odious character and should have been booked for inciting the crowd. However, there will be repercussions for rovers of the missiles thrown at him. A bad night.

Cowshed Kid

Player
Bobby Hutchinson
Yep.....Jay has let us all down there. Silly.
Easily holding our own until the cock up opener.
We'll be chasing shadows all second half- not ideal with Gateshead next.
Not a great advert for us in front of the TV.
The game to all intents over, hope MM makes all three subs and protects the likes of CJ, Ollie and Nors.
Oh.....and doubtless a fine thanks to the clowns throwing bottles at their players.

Boz

Player
Iain Hume
It doesn't sound good, rather like what I feared the first game would be. With Hughes and Duggan injured and Harris banned, things are looking very thin in midfield.

drwhoman

How disappointing. With the game probably lost I agree that the subs should be given some game time. Just following the game suggests that winning the first game was our best chance as Posh underestimated us. Need to bounce back in the north east.

Sparky

Player
Chris Greenacre
Buxton on for McEveley.

We're making a game of it early in the second but we need to play direct and make the most of set pieces. So get cook on - McDonough is outmuscled far too easily and never looks like scoring - difficult circumstances though I accept

Sparky

Player
Chris Greenacre
I've criticised CJ this season for not contributing enough but fair play to him he's putting a real shift in

Ian

Super White!
Admin
Player
Aldo
Manager
Kingy
Ouch..

Player
Alan King, Barry Dyson
Could this get any worse
Unfortunately it did. It probably couldn't have been a worse night unless we have more players injured. I thought Harris and McEveley let their mates down after such a bright start. We battled till the end, but I hope we will be over the mental and physical exhaustion by Saturday.

Player
aldo
Well to start with the knob head fans throwing bottles at the opposition players . We congratulate you if the club gets fined . The fans where magnificent apart from you. Davis well ok he made a couple good saves he was dreadfull . Bloody messing abt . And well jay mceverly. Was shocking . Cant believe cook was on bench as mcd is not good . Dmh . Connor noors played good . Harris was an idiot with a tackle like that . You could see a difference when cook and Buxton came on . All in all a shocker . Only good thing is we got it out of the system now

Boz

Player
Iain Hume
Connor Jennings picked up his 5th booking and will also be unavailable for Gateshead meaning Norburn the only available central midfielder, unless James Devine is ready? Though Gumbs has been playing there for Warrington. I actually think we need to dip into the loan market as Duggan, Hughes and Harris will still be unavailable for at least 2 games after that.

Player
aldo
Micky has to take some responsibility as well as harris an mceverly . For not starting with cook and mceverly should have been subbed after 20 mins he is crap. Fair to most of the team kept battling away but in all fairness posh didn't have to do out as we murderd are self's

Player
Manager
John King
Other than the suspensions, I am not sure what the relevance of any of that was to our league season.

I thought we looked better in the second half when we switched to four at the back. DMH was excellent again, Norburn was good in the first half, Cook did more within five minutes of coming on than Gerry did in seventy: did not hold the ball up or win a header even once. I have no idea why Mellon started him and I am beginning to think his performance against Halifax was a one-off. Buxton showed his class when he came on.

Back to 442 at Gateshead and we need a win.

Player
Manager
John King
Connor Jennings picked up his 5th booking and will also be unavailable for Gateshead meaning Norburn the only available central midfielder, unless James Devine is ready? Though Gumbs has been playing there for Warrington. I actually think we need to dip into the loan market as Duggan, Hughes and Harris will still be unavailable for at least 2 games after that.
That is bad news.

Ian

Super White!
Admin
Player
Aldo
Manager
Kingy
I thought we gave it a go in the second half as much as we could. Sadly the damage was done in the first half. McEveley was shocking and Harris was silly. Such a shame after his great performance in the game before.

Cook came on and won headers, something McDonagh struggled to do all game.

Defensively we struggled with the pace of the game and were quite exposed on several occasions.

I’d have liked to have seen 11v11 for 90 minutes as we could have given it a right old go in the second half.

Back to the depresssing league we go..