• Nigel Adkins has been given the Tranmere job on a permanent basis signing until the end of the 25/26 season. Continue the discussion here.

rovers v L 21S

Player
Jason Koumas / John Morrissey
Manager
John King
Spellman actually played at centre half last night and did OK. I have seen DWR play in midfield a few times for the reserves and youth team. I just think in terms of physicality and mobility he has a way to go before he is ready for the cut and thrust of League One football. It is very demanding playing in the centre of midfield at this level, as several of our players have discovered.

Walker Rice's playing style reminds me a bit of Ian Harte and I wonder if he might ultimately end up at wide midfield, because of the quality of his delivery.

bigmart

bigmart
Player
Ian Muir
Potter is injured but I'm not sure what the injury is

Boz

Player
Iain Hume
Thanks for clarifying that, RLC. There were a number of unfamiliar names, so hard to figure where everyone fitted in.

Boz

Player
Iain Hume
One other query, were we playing 3 central defence, or did Spellman/Walker-Rice get moved to the back after Nelson’s injury?

Player
Jason Koumas / John Morrissey
Manager
John King
Spellman and DWR both started at the back, but we switched from a back five to a back four when Nelson went off.

Reactions: Boz

ADD

Player
Norwood
Spellman and DWR both started at the back, but we switched from a back five to a back four when Nelson went off.
and Boz interestingly Spellman was far more assured from then on... presumably he is more used to playing in a flat back 4

Reactions: Boz