• Nigel Adkins has been given the Tranmere job on a permanent basis signing until the end of the 25/26 season. Continue the discussion here.

rovers v guiseley

Player
Alan King, Barry Dyson
I agree that the division is much weaker than last season and I expect us to go top within the next few weeks. Famous last words.......
I think we could go top eventually if our rich vein of form continues. But we do need to keep winning to stay in contention. In particular, we need to beat the teams above us in the remaining sixpointers. Our win at Sutton was the first against our main rivals.

Ian

Super White!
Admin
Player
Aldo
Manager
Kingy
I’m surprised we haven’t used Cole more. Obviously not seen much of him but from the few cameos he looks decent.

Sparky

Player
Chris Greenacre
Chesters home game with Hartlepool tomorrow has been called off due to a waterlogged pitch.

Hopefully no doubt about PP

Ian

Super White!
Admin
Player
Aldo
Manager
Kingy
I think the pitch has faired remarkably well this winter. I think it’ll be fine Sparky.

Player
Jason Koumas / John Morrissey
Manager
John King
Pitch inspection at 11.45. Should be ok, but there was very heavy rain overnight.

Sparky

Player
Chris Greenacre
Really don't want it postponing as need to keep the momentum going plus flydes pitch isn't great apparently so there could be some doubt around that

Boz

Player
Iain Hume
A bit late for precautionary inspection, if there was any doubt should have done sooner.

Player
Manager
John King
There should not even be any doubt. The weather has not been bad.

It makes you wonder about Liverpool's use of our pitch.......

Ian

Super White!
Admin
Player
Aldo
Manager
Kingy
I think the pitch has faired remarkably well this winter. I think it’ll be fine Sparky.
I hope this doesn't come back to haunt me!

Player
aldo
Regards to liverpool using are pitch . Im led to believe from wat mrs palios said to me at the open day was . The pre season game was part of the deal as well as pool paying for games to be played at pp the last 2 seasons the pre season game has brought in over £200k witch as nicola p said the first year we played em . It pays for are strikers for the season. Oh ya we have won are last 5 at home . The last time it happend was 2009 . With ronnie moor in charge . Wow

Player
Manager
John King
Dmh out injured, replaced by Cole. A good opportunity to see how larnell fares.

Reactions: Ian

Boz

Player
Iain Hume
Shame DMH didn’t get the chance of a good send-off, due to his injury. No other changes to the starting xi. Ridehalgh and Harris return to the bench, at the expense of Gumbs and
McDonagh.

Pitch doesn’t look bad save for worn patches in each goal. Guiseley look like a team of giants in the warm-up. Feeling a lot less confident atm.

Player
Alan King, Barry Dyson
Sorry about DMH, but glad Cole is gettjng a chance. He hasn't featured much and his contract ends shortly. Hope he plays well enough to earn a new deal.

Boz

Player
Iain Hume
0-0 h/t. Cook effort ruled out for offside early on, Banks mis-hit cross went onto bar, but can’t remember us testing their keeper otherwise, despite ample possession, while Guiseley brought a decent save out of Davies

Ian

Super White!
Admin
Player
Aldo
Manager
Kingy
We’re struggling to break through their stubborn defence. Need to keep plugging away.. ideally need to stretch them a bit more out wide.

Player
Alan King, Barry Dyson
Got there in the end! Three or more goals in every league game this month! Some good results elsewhere, except for at Moss Rose where Macc had 10 men for half an hour. Goalie sent off. January's fixtures look winnable until Wrexham away at the end of the month.

Ian

Super White!
Admin
Player
Aldo
Manager
Kingy
Frustrating first half not helped by the visitors but we kept plugging away and the reward was another excellent flurry of goals and we keep marching on. Once the first went in it was only going one way. Guiseley were poor and collapsed in the second half. The confidence is sky high at the moment and long may it continue.

Jennings is also playing a great game. Full of energy, some good runs, passing and of course superb goals taking the pressure off the front two.

It’s great to watch at the moment.
The table makes better viewing now. Let’s keep going and plug that 8-point gap between us and Macclesfield.

Last edited:
Player
Manager
John King
Agree with Ian's comments above. A very frustrating first sixty minutes where Guiseley sat camped in their own half and time-wasted, as Cox's teams always do. However, once we scored the first goal and they were forced out of their defensive shape the dam broke and we played some great stuff in the last twenty minutes. I think even last season we would have scraped a one-nil against a team as negative as them and, as Ian says, it is a measure of the form we are in that we destroyed them in the end.

I thought in the first thirty minutes some of our possession football was really good but with not much end product, both due to a poor final ball and a failure to attack some decent deliveries into the box from Clarke. I thought Cole was tidy and played well, but we did miss the genuine width DMH gives us on that side as Larnell tended to drift inside when he had the ball. I wonder if that lack of width could cost us against better teams. As the half progressed we gradually got bogged down and the second period began in a similar fashion. After missing his customary one-on-one it was a moment of brilliance from Norwood from outside the box that calmed everyone's nerves.

Individually, I thought Banks was excellent again and Jennings is now in probably his best form since he signed. However, my man of the match would be Eddie Clarke, who was a constant threat on the left wing and was our only real attacking outlet in the periods where we became too pedestrian.

We are still eight points behind Macclesfield but we have reeled in all the other top teams, and I don't think Macc can maintain their current pace until the end of April.

Player
aldo
I did get to the game today wat a ga e of two halves. First was frustrating and with coxes cheating an time wasting . The second started the same. But wat a 35 min spell that was . And ive not seen eddie clark . Wat a player he looks well happy for jennings he is on fire at the moment . Norwood was norwood frustrating then bloody magnificent. He could be great if he could sort little things oùt . . Realy good to see jake kirby back happy for him . Not sure wat position cole was playing first half . Seemed to be sorted at half time . Its now 5 games we have scored 3 or more and think its 89/90since we won 6 on the bounce at home well done all and a good crowd to