• Nigel Adkins has been given the Tranmere job on a permanent basis signing until the end of the 25/26 season. Continue the discussion here.

Rovers v Fleetwood

Player
Jason Koumas / John Morrissey
Manager
John King
Apparently Harris was just rested tonight. It has also been confirmed that we played Blackburn at the weekend (lost two nil).

drwhoman

I see that a guy called Josh Solomon-Davies played for part of the game. A brief google suggests that he is from St Lucia and signed for us in 2016. Does anyone know anything else and how did he play please?

Boz

Player
Iain Hume
The Blackburn game would account for the calling off of the Ashton game. If it was arranged some time ago, then fair enough, but if a late arrangement, then we've treated Ashton shabbily. If Liverpool had done similar to us...

Solomon-Davies is a second year scholar and one of the youngsters who played at Maidstone last season. I've never seen Josh in action, would be interested to know if he can offer any pace.

If Gumbs is playing well when he comes on, might that prompt a re-think from MM in the event of injuries keeping other defenders out? There is an argument that Evan may be more familiar with systems and team-mates than a defender brought in at this relatively late stage.

Player
aldo
It was a good game . We had lots of time on the ball . The two boys up top played well in midfield was ok need to get into their faces more . But overall a good performance. poor crowd 1200

Sparky

Player
Chris Greenacre
Thanks for the reports from those who went. just watched the goals and Mickys post match interview.

A great pass from Alabi for the first goal but how the Fleetwood keeper let Norwoods shot in I'll never know. If Davies had done the same MM wouldn't be happy. Nors missed his usual one on one before a good finish from Dunn's corner. A great Fleetwood free kick got them back into it but a storming run from Buxton and a deflected shot sealed the win - reminded me of a Dale Jennings goal once upon a time ! He can strike a ball very well so we need to try and get Bucko forward as much as we can (as long as he can then get back !)

Micky confirmed post match that Wallace, Kirby & Tollit won't be ready for the start of the season, but wouldn't put a time frame on it. Obviously Ben is the main blow so I'd be interested as to how Dunn did last night as presumably he'll be our first choice winger if we play 4-4-2. Rokka has an infected foot and although Dawson got some action I am still assuming he is out of the picture. Am I forgetting another winger option ? Not including Connor J, Mangan & Norwood in that btw.

May be then that MM starts with a 3-5-2 if Dunn is our only realistic wide man option. Harris was rested and Sutton & Mig Mac went off with minor niggles. Waring still not ready.

Player
aldo
Micky says a new player should be coming in so might be tomorrow. Would bet its a defender. But not sure apparently all agreed but the medical