• Nigel Adkins has been given the Tranmere job on a permanent basis signing until the end of the 25/26 season. Continue the discussion here.

League Two Rovers v Dale

Match result

• Tranmere

Votes: 3 100.0%
  • Draw

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Rochdale

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Rovers v Dale
Posted by Ian
Prenton Park
Tuesday, October 25, 2022 - 07:45 PM
Until: Tuesday, October 25, 2022 - 10:00 PM
(Adjusted for timezone: Europe/London)
Categories

Upcoming dates
All times have been adjusted for the timezone: Europe/London

This event has expired and has no upcoming dates

ALDO MUSSY

Player
ALDO
Manager
KINGY
another home game and a big chance to get into the top 7 after a sloppy game at weekend let us see the real Rovers come and play the way we have been, and it won't be a problem. it is about time Hemmings was scoring more I am not sure on this guy 3-0 with both the front lads getting them

ALDO MUSSY

Player
ALDO
Manager
KINGY
back to Kane 3 goals in 17 games, he will be Lucky to get to 10 this season, and its not as if the lads are not making chances, he just needs to get greedy and attack the box

ALDO MUSSY

Player
ALDO
Manager
KINGY
and yes, Elliot is doing a little better with 6 in 18 but at least he is getting in the box come on the LADS

Sparky

Player
Chris Greenacre
It doesn’t matter too much who scores as long as someone does but we could do with Hemmings finding the back of the net. Without any decent back up strikers at the moment we are over reliant on Elliot and Kane who have at times misfired this season, although Nevitt is looking good at present.
However three home games in a week gives them both the opportunity to pick up some goals. Rochdale have had a very poor season and sit 22nd in the league. Former rovers coach and full back Robbie stockdale was sacked earlier in the season and despite a home defeat on Saturday to Wimbledon, before that they beat barrow at home and Newport away so I doubt it’ll be a walkover but I fully expect us to win.

Dale do have some half decent strikers at this level. The evergreen iain Henderson has a goal in him and Devante Rodney and on loan Scott quigley can be dangerous. I’m assuming we’ll be unchanged.

Prediction. A 2-0 home win

Player
Jason Koumas / John Morrissey
Manager
John King
As Sparky says, Rochdale have improved since the appointment of Jim Bentley and will no doubt be hardworking and organised. Scott Quigley is their real danger man but he missed Saturday's game through injury and hopefully won't be available tomorrow.

I think we should be aiming for at least seven points from the three home games in the coming week and this is the 'easiest' on paper. I think we will be unchanged and I expect we will secure three points in front of a crowd of 5,000 - 5,500.

A victory would almost certainly take us into the play off positions for the first time this season.

bigmart

bigmart
Player
Ian Muir
Need to keep the momentum going and I fancy a home win 2 0.

Player
Mungy's Hairdresser
Other than ourselves only Rochdale & Carlisle have won 3 of their last 5 games in our league so no given! My main concern is we have a starting eleven & little cover for strikers or wingers! MM intended to play a 5-3-2 which failed but thanks to injuries we signed Simeu & the rest is history...

Reactions: Boz

Ian

Super White!
Admin
Player
Aldo
Manager
Kingy
Going for a Rovers win. We have shown real grit lately and even on Sat we came out second half and showed the correct spirit to take the game to the opponents. I think it will be a close game but Rovers will shade it 1-0 with a Nevitt header.

Player
Alan King, Barry Dyson
Other than ourselves only Rochdale & Carlisle have won 3 of their last 5 games in our league so no given! My main concern is we have a starting eleven & little cover for strikers or wingers! MM intended to play a 5-3-2 which failed but thanks to injuries we signed Simeu & the rest is history...
I agree we appear to be short of options in some areas, so another long-term injury and a couple of suspensions could leave us stretched, particularly if Simeu gets recalled in January. However, the "reserves" display at Crewe last week must have brought a few more players back into Micky's mind and we usually do some good business (both in and out of the club) in January. Because of the extended season, our early exits from the EFL Cup and (probably) the Papa John's, we are unlikely to play many more midweek games, which will give the players a better chance to recover and should reduce injuries.

When it comes down to it, I think the fans of most other clubs in this division would love to have our squad, our manager and our current form - and maybe even our fan base. ;)

Boz

Player
Iain Hume
Unchanged starting xi for Rovers. Mungy correctly points out Dale are in reasonable form, though at least their striking options reduced with Quigley unavailable. Hope we can win this, we’ll see…

Sparky

Player
Chris Greenacre
Shocking goal to concede. Doohan should have come and Henderson had so much time to finish. Despite their goal we’ve been bang average going forward

Ian

Super White!
Admin
Player
Aldo
Manager
Kingy
Not a great half. Hope Micky slips something spicy into their tea.

Boz

Player
Iain Hume
Hemmings has had the main chances and scores with arguably the hardest of them, great cross by Morris. Important that we got back into the game quickly after conceding with Dale’s first effort on goal. While Doohan should perhaps have done more for their goal, the same could be said of others. Not sure how this will develop

bigmart

bigmart
Player
Ian Muir
These are bang average, if we can step up a gear we will win this

Sparky

Player
Chris Greenacre
A bit like Harrogate (currently 3-0 down), Rochdale are their for the taking and we have tougher games coming up so need to win this