• Nigel Adkins has been given the Tranmere job on a permanent basis signing until the end of the 25/26 season. Continue the discussion here.

Rovers launch legal action

Player
Ged Brennan, Big Steve McNulty,
Manager
Mickey Mellon, Johnny King.
The floodlights on Saturday night were not turned off till 9pm!
The floodlights have been on, when a match is not on many times, as I have posted before!
there was a rumour that the club had to use more electricity, to fulfil an obligation to have a lower price for it!

The majority of businesses in this country that have a similar situation to the club, have seen costs soared much as the club saying that they have been billed!

Is the provider amother dodgy energy company?

Player
Alan King, Barry Dyson

drwhoman

See how they go with this but maybe the Club should have been more aggressive to start with, given the irregular bills just based on estimates? Who knows! And does the broker have the money? Still, any payment, net of the inevitable legal fees, would be handy!

Sparky

Player
Chris Greenacre
Can we promise cogley the money if he stays?!?

Ian

Super White!
Admin
Player
Aldo
Manager
Kingy
Think he'll be long gone by then!

Player
Manager
Lights still on at 20.50 pm, three hours after end of game!

Reactions: Ian
Player
Jason Koumas / John Morrissey
Manager
John King
The club are currently recruiting a new Head of Finance. I wonder if that is related to the failure of the finance staff to identify the overpayment ?

The timing seems a bit of a coincidence.

Am on mobile

Player
Muir
Manager
King
Its all to do with the grounds team working on rhe pitch i have 2 of the lads work at the golf club i work at are part of the team and they do it quite a lot after games

Player
Manager
Its all to do with the grounds team working on rhe pitch i have 2 of the lads work at the golf club i work at are part of the team and they do it quite a lot after games
I understand the need to mow and put the pitch lights on. But six hours after full time? Ask the lads if they are getting unsocial hours pay for it? Ha!

Player
Manager
The club are currently recruiting a new Head of Finance. I wonder if that is related to the failure of the finance staff to identify the overpayment ?

The timing seems a bit of a coincidence.
It's the ever revolving door for staff.

dollar'sbloke

Player
morrissey
Manager
king
I understand the need to mow and put the pitch lights on. But six hours after full time? Ask the lads if they are getting unsocial hours pay for it? Ha!
Surely they could use lights on their wheelbarrows or whatever. Birko is never pitch black illuminating a bit of turf to work on hardly needs huge floodlights of TV coverage quality? I would guess per hour the meter is impressive

Player
Manager
John King
I would imagine it is crucial that the pitch is constantly maintained at this time of year, even if we have to put the floodlights on occasionally. The cost of regular postponements would be greater than a few hours of additional use of the lights.

Player
Manager
I would imagine it is crucial that the pitch is constantly maintained at this time of year, even if we have to put the floodlights on occasionally. The cost of regular postponements would be greater than a few hours of additional use of the lights.
The postponement of fixtures is covered by insurance. All clubs do this. And yes the pitch is crucial, so why not use daylight hours? It wouldn't harm the pitch to be mown straight after and the pitch lights the day after. The only other pitch protection is the frost covers. But because of health and safety, and where the covers are stored. It has to be daylight hours.
The club is contracted to an energy supplier, you just wonder if the club can postpone the deal?

Could do with some light refreshment after that!

Player
Manager
John King
The postponement of fixtures is covered by insurance. All clubs do this. And yes the pitch is crucial, so why not use daylight hours? It wouldn't harm the pitch to be mown straight after and the pitch lights the day after. The only other pitch protection is the frost covers. But because of health and safety, and where the covers are stored. It has to be daylight hours.
The club is contracted to an energy supplier, you just wonder if the club can postpone the deal?

Could do with some light refreshment after that!
There are not many daylight hours at this time of year. When there are severe frosts night after night, it is probably essential for the groundstaff to work on the pitch in the evenings. As professionals, I would imagine they know what they are doing.

Player
Manager
There are not many daylight hours at this time of year. When there are severe frosts night after night, it is probably essential for the groundstaff to work on the pitch in the evenings. As professionals, I would imagine they know what they are doing.
with the pitch we have and the technology that is involved, the pitch lights will keep it growing and It will be rolled after a game, it will not be cut as it would be at any other time in spring or a new growth or autumn.
The turnaround in groundstaff since Andy Quayle, is, as with the rest of the stsff, a quick turnaround since March 2020, the incumbent is very young and inexperienced but is doing the job, as the pitch is looking good. The groundstaff do have professional advisors from the company that built the pitch.
The lads you see on the pitch on a Saturday afternoon are volunteers.

Player
Manager
John King
with the pitch we have and the technology that is involved, the pitch lights will keep it growing and It will be rolled after a game, it will not be cut as it would be at any other time in spring or a new growth or autumn.
The turnaround in groundstaff since Andy Quayle, is, as with the rest of the stsff, a quick turnaround since March 2020, the incumbent is very young and inexperienced but is doing the job, as the pitch is looking good. The groundstaff do have professional advisors from the company that built the pitch.
The lads you see on the pitch on a Saturday afternoon are volunteers.
The pitch needs to be protected from frost at this time of year, and that probably entails working after dark.

I think we have got bigger issues to worry about as a club than switching the floodlights on for a couple of hours.

Am on mobile

Player
Muir
Manager
King
No we have full time greens too the guys i know who work there are part time but the problem is as when i was looking at the head Chefs job a few years back is they pay pea nuts and want you to work and give top stuff no one will do that