• Nigel Adkins has been given the Tranmere job on a permanent basis signing until the end of the 25/26 season. Continue the discussion here.

League Two Rovers (4) v county (2)

Match result

• Tranmere

Votes: 3 42.9%
  • Draw

Votes: 3 42.9%
  • Notts County

Votes: 1 14.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Rovers (4) v county (2)
Posted by Ian
Prenton Park
Monday, January 1, 2024 - 03:00 PM
Until: Monday, January 1, 2024 - 05:00 PM
(Adjusted for timezone: Europe/London)
Categories

Upcoming dates
All times have been adjusted for the timezone: Europe/London

This event has expired and has no upcoming dates
Player
Jonny Morrisey
We're giving them too much time around the edge of the box, we need to get on their touch. Jones had 3 touches to cross with no-one getting out to him!!

Reactions: Boz

Sparky

Player
Chris Greenacre
Good half although they are dangerous going forward but we’re causing them problems too. Could go either way second half

Ian

Super White!
Admin
Player
Aldo
Manager
Kingy
Midfield is struggling without Walker. They are having a lot of the ball and looking too dangerous around our box. Good game though and credit to Rovers for bouncing back again but I can see more goals in this.

Boz

Player
Iain Hume
Agree with White Squaddie, we’re allowing Notts too much time and space in our final third. Nigel need to make some adjustments, tactical rather than personnel to keep things tighter. At present could go either way but Notts edging it

Sparky

Player
Chris Greenacre
Sadly it did look like a goodbye from apter at the end

bigmart

bigmart
Player
Ian Muir
That was a very entertaining game, a deserved win in the end, onwards and upwards

Ian

Super White!
Admin
Player
Aldo
Manager
Kingy
Just wow! Another fantastic performance from the lads. However, we do need to keep hold of Apter if we want this remarkable turnaround to continue. He's that important to us.

frenchrover

Player
aldo
What a game, and a deserved victory. To pick ourselves up so well after conceding our early lead was magnificent. County can count themselves extremely lucky that the score wasn't 5-2 in the end, and also that Bostock wasn't shown a red for his "tackle" which gave away the 1st penalty decision. What a turnround Adkins has achieved, absolutely marvellous. I agree with Sparky that it certainly looked like Apter was saying a farewell at the end, it would have been terrific to have kept him but we must be thankful for his incredible contribution to the teams turnaround.

Sparky

Player
Chris Greenacre
An outstanding game of football tinged with a bit of sadness as I’ll surprised if Apter stays with us.

We started brightly and good work from Jennings saw Morris volley in to continue his goalscoring form. Back came County who looked dangerous and two crosses from their left saw them score twice and take the lead. Just before half time good work from Apter saw Connor make it 2-2 at the break.
Second half we defended our right side much better and still looked dangerous. Apter was on fire good link up between him and Connor saw Saunders tap in. What could have been a turning point saw Jennings see his penalty saved after Hendry was fouled but we defended well restricting Notts to relatively few clear chances. Apter again was involved with Jennings and was fouled by their keeper and as I thought he would, Connor showed balls to smash it down the middle and seal another home win.

Lots of all round good performances. The back 4 including Norris who after a shaky start grew into the game. McAlear and Hendry worked hard, Morris got another goal and Saunders worked his socks off and scored. Connor was excellent and linked up well with Apter and as I say, the only negative is it looked like a goodbye from young Rob. Even Notts manager has talked post match about how they couldn’t cope with him. Thinking out loud, if your in blackpools shoes you’d be mad to not recall him when playing so well only one division below.

I just hope if apter does leave it doesn’t affect the players too much. He’s a big step up from Hawkes but on his day Josh can be very effective at this level as he has shown in the past. Although that has mainly been from the left and you wouldn’t move Morris from there the way he is playing.