• Nigel Adkins has been given the Tranmere job on a permanent basis signing until the end of the 25/26 season. Continue the discussion here.

League Two Rovers (4) v county (2)

Match result

• Tranmere

Votes: 3 42.9%
  • Draw

Votes: 3 42.9%
  • Notts County

Votes: 1 14.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Rovers (4) v county (2)
Posted by Ian
Prenton Park
Monday, January 1, 2024 - 03:00 PM
Until: Monday, January 1, 2024 - 05:00 PM
(Adjusted for timezone: Europe/London)
Categories

Upcoming dates
All times have been adjusted for the timezone: Europe/London

This event has expired and has no upcoming dates

Am on mobile

Player
Muir
Manager
King
This is going to be a tough game get at em give them nothing think it will be a very hard 2-1 with a 90th min Saunders screamer sending pp bonkers i think over 7k might be in attendance for the game. Unfortunately I will be at work

dollar'sbloke

Player
morrissey
Manager
king
Get long odds on Saunders being on the field after 90 minutes, unless he doesn't start. As for a screamer, not seen one yet, well not destined for the upper kop anyway.
I think he'll try starting the same except Wood I guess, with h-t subs

Sparky

Player
Chris Greenacre
As good as the wins at Salford and Harrogate have been, Notts are a different proposition and gave Ged Brannans morecambe a good beating yesterday. They are the leagues top scorers and both of the front two are in very good form.

That said we’ve won 4 in a row at home so if we can get a good atmosphere and the first goal then we’re capable of picking up a win but a draw perhaps more realistic given the opponent.

bigmart

bigmart
Player
Ian Muir
They have the football leagues leading scorer and score lots of goals but there away record isn't great, think there will be goals so going for 2 2.

Ian

Super White!
Admin
Player
Aldo
Manager
Kingy
Draw for me. I think this will be one of the tougher games.

Am on mobile

Player
Muir
Manager
King
No draws just positive wins 2-1 bring it on Rover's banging the drumbs making loads of noise up the bloomin whites

Boz

Player
Iain Hume
Get long odds on Saunders being on the field after 90 minutes, unless he doesn't start. As for a screamer, not seen one yet, well not destined for the upper kop anyway.
I think he'll try starting the same except Wood I guess, with h-t subs
Would like to see Adkins starting with Jolley or even Taylor and bringing on Saunders as an impact sub later in the game when his raw pace may be more of a threat against tired defenders. I suspect you're right about line-up, unless Walker was pulled at h/t due to injury, but Nigel does like his tactical tweaks.

Player
Alan King, Barry Dyson
Notts County have a terrible away record, not much better than our own. They have had just three wins on the road and the last was over two months ago. Less than two weeks ago, they lost at Harrogate. Their November and December were mediocre. Yes, they thrashed Morecambe and Doncaster at home over Christmas, but they are poor on their travels.

I know this great run must end some time, but I’m predicting a home win and will continue to back Rovers until we lose.

Player
Ian Goodison
Manager
Johnny King
Don’t think we should be fearing Notts County, due to their inconsistency and some woeful defensive performances in recent times. If Harrogate can beat them 3-1 (only a couple of weeks back), there’s every chance we can do the same. It’ll be my son’s last game before he heads back to Southampton; we’ve watched/won all three games whilst he’s been home and I’m hoping his mini-run of good fortune continues. It’s reignited his enthusiasm for Rovers (fickle bunch the youth of today!) and he’s asking about meeting me at FGR in February.
So let’s start the New Year with a boom and not ruin ONIGP festive season!

Ian

Super White!
Admin
Player
Aldo
Manager
Kingy
Hopefully our current form and style of play which is in the most part good to watch will bring a few more people back to Prenton Park. I want to see a real push in 2024 and bring some excitement back!

Player
Ged Brennan, Big Steve McNulty,
Manager
Mickey Mellon, Johnny King.
Hopefully our current form and style of play which is in the most part good to watch will bring a few more people back to Prenton Park. I want to see a real push in 2024 and bring some excitement back!
The trouble with that outlook, is that, if you go out to try and play expansive football, it will be open season in this league!
I would rather win, and be bored, than get battered like we did under Dawes.
But I get the sentiment.

dollar'sbloke

Player
morrissey
Manager
king
Would like to see Adkins starting with Jolley or even Taylor and bringing on Saunders as an impact sub later in the game when his raw pace may be more of a threat against tired defenders. I suspect you're right about line-up, unless Walker was pulled at h/t due to injury, but Nigel does like his tactical tweaks.
I used to think that about Saunders, fairly obvious if you have extreme pace coming on later should work. I have gained the impression maybe falsely that he doesn't enter games well. So I'd stick with a start for him, he'll tire them out quicker so maybe 6 or half a dozen tactic, then the not slow Jolley on later. Ultimately we have Dennis and Jolley for the inside forward role as well Jennings as utility, so I'd look to move him on but in the meantime Nigel has a plan!
Completely rumourless when we need a new 9. Mullin is on the naughty step I understand, but he would just improve on what we have, we need what we don't have.
Might be a goalfest tomorrow

Sparky

Player
Chris Greenacre
Apter available today and highly likely to start

Reactions: Ian

Sparky

Player
Chris Greenacre
No walker or wood in the squad. Norris and McAlear both start. Saunders up top again.

Higgy 2

Player
Dave Higgins
That's not a bad bench.
Score draw I think. Another goal for Mr Jolley.

Boz

Player
Iain Hume
Pretty much the line-up expected and it will be interesting to see if McAlear and Norris carry on the good impressions from their sub appearances. I do think we’ll miss Walker’s guile in midfield but hoping McAlear can compensate in other ways.
No space for Sam Taylor on the bench again in a home match?? Rare chance for Chris Merrie to pick up a few splinters.

bigmart

bigmart
Player
Ian Muir
Morris goal early on, good move and good finish