• Nigel Adkins has been given the Tranmere job on a permanent basis signing until the end of the 25/26 season. Continue the discussion here.

Rovers 4 Plastic FC 2

Cresswell V Baka

Whole heartedly agree with Sonko. Cresswell is no doubt the better player all round, safer in the tackle, twice as effective on distribution and consistently better at crossing the ball. So much so that I believe that Cresswell will attract bids in the January window, which our hard up owner will grasp, and so push Baka in as an instant replacement.

Not a wish of course, merely a believeable outcome.

Saturday's referee was consistently rubbish - for both teams mind you - but I still think he got the sendings off right. Probably more by luck than good judgement. But he did contribute to the entertainment - did he break a toenail in the secong half or just scrape his nail varnish. When he stopped the game [for more attention?] I could'n't believe how quickly he got his sock and boot off, then he could not bear to look when he got treatment yet a couple of minutes later he was poncing about all over the place again. Truly the physio can work magic.

Player
Jason Koumas / John Morrissey
Manager
John King
Regarding the Zoum v Cresswell debate, I think Bakayogo is the better all round player, but Aaron's set pieces are irreplaceable when you consider the only alternatives we have are the likes of Welsh and McLaren (when in the side).

But I am happy to see either of them in the team.

Boz

Player
Iain Hume
The Zoum v Cresswell choice is a difficult one. I'd forgotten how much of a workhorse Zoum can be, he was all over the pitch and can't be faulted for effort. Having looked at the highlights, it seemed to me he was unlucky with the second yellow, but had been given a warning by the ref after another reckless challenge a few minutes previously, he was a bit rash. Cresswell is steadier and that coupled with his set-pieces is why he's my preference to start. Interesting what Bootle Rover says about selling him, at this stage in his career I'm unsure if a side from say the Championship would make an offer.

Z v C

Regarding the Zoum v Cresswell debate, I think Bakayogo is the better all round player, but Aaron's set pieces are irreplaceable when you consider the only alternatives we have are the likes of Welsh and McLaren (when in the side).

But I am happy to see either of them in the team.

I definitely agree with RLC although I haven't seen any of Cresswell's away performances this season so can only comment from what I've seen at PP. Zoum is always liable to pick up a lot of cards but surely this disciplinary issue can be addressed, he still looked the quality player on Saturday that I remembered from last season. Cressa is a danger from set pieces and if that alone keeps McLaren out of the side then so be it!![-o<

O

OneNightInGayParis

Whole heartedly agree with Sonko. Cresswell is no doubt the better player all round, safer in the tackle, twice as effective on distribution and consistently better at crossing the ball. So much so that I believe that Cresswell will attract bids in the January window, which our hard up owner will grasp, and so push Baka in as an instant replacement.

Not a wish of course, merely a believeable outcome.

The fact is we are damned fortunate (or unfortunate, depending on which way you look at it) to have 2 players in the same position who are above average for the level they are playing at. If we can't fit them both into the team then we have to cash in on one of them asap. I think Bootle Rover is spot on in his assessment, but think we should be actively encouraging the sale of one of them and trying to maximise any transfer fee.

This is a real shame because they are both good to watch. Cresswell is solid and great with the dead ball ... but who can forget the sight of Zoom bombing down the wing so frequently last season?

Head says keep Cressa as we have a more solid defensive unit; heart says keep Zoom due to his attacking flair and the fact is means the left sided forward in our 4-3-3 (Jennings?) has more options in terms of movement when we are attacking.

Ian

Super White!
Admin
Player
Aldo
Manager
Kingy
Is it just me that thinks Cresswell is just average? :-k Not sure what all the fuss is about.

O

OneNightInGayParis

Is it just me that thinks Cresswell is just average? :-k Not sure what all the fuss is about.

I think his dead ball skills make him more than average. Also he is still a young and relatively inexperienced player so his potential to improve should be taken into account.

Ian

Super White!
Admin
Player
Aldo
Manager
Kingy
Is he a dead ball expert like the one and only Liam O'Brien? Yes, he does have youth on his side.