• Nigel Adkins has been given the Tranmere job on a permanent basis signing until the end of the 25/26 season. Continue the discussion here.

Rovers 4 Plastic FC 2

Player
Jason Koumas / John Morrissey
Manager
John King
Why does nobody post on this site after a superb victory ?

Come on chaps, that is three wins in a row !

bigmart

bigmart
Player
Ian Muir
what can i say about a game like that? it had all the thrill and spills you could ask for including a totally inept and wofeull referee who shouldnt be allowed to referee a kids game on a sunday morning let alone a professional league game.

What a player Jennings is going to be hes got so much talent its scary, he will make us a good few bob.

I couldnt really fault any of the team today but zoom really made it easy for a poor referee to even things up

Player
Manager
John King
ITM, Enoch and Jennings are a real handful for opposition defenders, and I just hope we can keep all three of them fit for the rest of the season. We have so much more quality and variety up front when they are in the side rather than the likes of Akins and Morrow.

I thought Marlon was excellent at the back, and Zoum did well until his daft dismissal. Blanchard was his usual steady self in midfield, and infinitely preferable to McLaren.

The referee was appalling for both sides. From where I was sitting I did not think either penalty should have been given (although it was great to see Jennings skin Hamann for our pen), and Zoum's first booking looked very harsh.

You are always reluctant to go over the top about young players, but I think Jennings is the most talented youngster I have since I started supporting the club. Skill, pace, and awareness. Let's hope that if / when he is sold we get full value for him.

Boz

Player
Iain Hume
It certainly was action-packed, shame there were only 4.5k to see it. Agree the ref had a bit of a mare, wasn't sure either penalty was merited, he let a lot go; Wilbraham flailing elbows especially, then after having no option but to send their player off was itching to even things up and Zoum provided the perfect excuse.

A lot of players can take credit for the result. Agree about the superlatives for Jennings, it seems only a matter of time before he moves upwards. Broomes was solid as a rock on his return, Gulasci, after a nervy start kept us in it second half with a string of fine saves as they were on top until the sending-off. ITM worked his socks off and there was a battling performance from a less than fully fit Enoch. Cathalina did ok on full debut too. If there was a criticism, it was that we were too deep 2nd half, allowing them to come onto us. Franchise played very much like the old Wimbledon, very physical. Now what can Craig Curran throw at us?

M

Mal

OK. Much has been said about how useless the 433 is. Although Sonkorly has a go at my opinions he did try to say that it is down to personnel. It seems young jennings, and Showaddywaddy (as someone unfortunately called him) and ITM 'make the difference (that make it work). Is this the case or is it that the 'time to gel period' has happened? Maybe Sonkorly and I have both got it partially right. Pee-taking from Bootle completely accepted at this point :) I need a laugh.

SonkORLY?

Player
Eddy Sonko
Firstly, with Jennings and ITM in the side, we'd look better in any formation. But while Les's initial 4-3-3 revolved around the use of 3 quite traditional centre forwards, our current personnel offer a lot more natural width. We're stretching teams now, and Labadie makes a good effort of supporting Enoch through the middle.

Re: Bakayogo. Neither cards should have been given, the second one wasn't even a foul. I was right in front of it.

Not much needs to be said about Jennings. He's the sort of player you'd pay to watch, beats defenders with alarming consistency and has an uncanny knack of being able to wriggle his way out of complete dead ends. Scored 2, created 2; it would be difficult to praise him too highly.

Now what can Craig Curran throw at us?

At least one goal, I imagine.

Sonko keeps me laughing

Sonko, what were you doing on the pitch, right in front of the tackle that Baka was sent off for?
Please stay in the stands like the rest of us.

And as for the crowd applauding Baka off the pitch I am amazed. It was a stupid tackle and he earned his red card. How un-professional of him to let the team down.

Must not let that spoil a good day though, a job well done, and a good response from Gulasci - he directly contributed to their penalty with poor handling - but produced excellent saves to keep MK out in the second half.

I suppose we'll now have to cope with bids for Jennings. It will be money in our poor owners already bulging pockets with not a penny for Les to spend I am sure. Perhaps the best we could hope for is that a decent team buy him and are prepared to let him out on loan for the rest of the season to continue his education with us.

DIW

Player
Goodison
Missed my first home game yesterday and the *******s score 4. Shocking. I'm truly gutted. :-D

Rob

Player
Clint Hill
First 75 mins were super but the last 15 were worrying when we reverted to our dodgy hoofball tactics.

Performance was great and with Broomes back in the defence they looked extremely strong.

Watched the replays of the goals again on Football League show, who as usual gave us about 1 min of coverage and suggested it was MK performing badly rather than us performing well. They did rave a little about Jennings though.

Zoom shouldnt have been sent off and the first penalty was a mistake as was the second.

What struck me most yesterday was the absolutely disgusting attitude of so called "professionals", Hamann and Lewington in particular.

That should be the starting 11 every week without question.

Ian

Super White!
Admin
Player
Aldo
Manager
Kingy
Fantastic result and three wins on the bounce. Fortune is coming our way finally!
Definitely our strongest team out there, and I was impressed with them all. Again, they gave a lot of effort and it paid off. Broomes was impressive at the back considering he's been out for quite a while, superb heading. I was also impressed with Cathalina, thought he had a solid game.

We raved a few weeks back about Jennings, and rightly so. Pace, trickery, creativity and a great shot. Handful for any defence. He's the type of player you pay to watch.

I'd stand by RLC and say he is the most talented youngster I've seen. Exciting stuff.

It's strange how football can change so quickly. Only 2 weeks ago, I was complaining that we couldn't score more than 2 goals a game, now we have 8 in 2 league games.

The 2nd half wasn't quite up to the 1st with the referee becoming the star man. I forget I was watching football half way through it. Idiot of a referee.

I was slightly disappointed to see Rovers sit back with 15 mins to go. It was like watching the old Tranmere again, but was still a great game of football to watch. Lot's of talking points, six goals and three points. Can't argue with that. Unlucky DIW for missing out.

Also nice to see us escape the bottom four. Hopefully, it's onwards and upwards from now.

SWA!!!!!!!!!!!! \\:D/ \\:D/

Player
Goodison
12 goals in a week eh :-s

Great performaces all round really, Jennings obviously stood out - scoring 2 goals and assisting 2 goals, everyone else also played there part. I thought Gulasci (in the 2nd half), Broomes, Goodison, Welsh, Labadie and ITM were the particular stand outs, but everyone was excellent really.

The ref had an absolute stinker, their penalty wasn't a penalty, ours was dubious to say the least although Hamann had it coming. As for Zoom's sending off, his first booking wasn't a booking and his second booking was a bookable offence but a sensible ref would have just had a word with him rather than booking him again.

Given we scored four goals, the match was rather more stressful than it should have been towards the end!

Player
Liam Palmer
Great win, only 7 points off automatic promotion - reckon most Rovers fans would have settled for that after 14 games!

I was purple with rage at that useless ref, until I met two Rovers fans who reckoned the MK penalty was one, because whoever it was jumed with his arms in the air. Was too far away to see our penalty or their sending off, but I was close enough to see that Zoom won the ball, it was never a foul, never mind a booking. The clown linesman even hesitated before flagging, then Umpa Lumpa came running over with his red card. Absolute shocker. I applauded Zoom off. It was not him who was unprofessional, it was the ref.

Anyway - great game (both sides played well), great goals, great win. Not arsed about the last 15 minutes, it was all over after an hour.

More of the same please.....

Player
Manager
John King
What struck me most yesterday was the absolutely disgusting attitude of so called "professionals", Hamann and Lewington in particular.

I agree entirely. The pair of them were an absolute disgrace, particularly Hamann with his 'I played in a Champions League final' arrogance. Quite amusing to see him subbed at half time.

The fact that Lewington was not at least yellow carded for his persistent whingeing just goes to show how useless the ref was.

O

OneNightInGayParis

Missed my first home game yesterday and the *******s score 4. Shocking. I'm truly gutted. :-D

Went away last Saturday and got back yesterday - no phone or internet access so had to rely on newspapers for the Walsall and Stockport results, Radio 5 for MKD. Why does this always happen to me? Anybody like to contribute to the next ONIGP holiday fund?

Ian

Super White!
Admin
Player
Aldo
Manager
Kingy
Unlucky mate.

The penalty's were just unclear. Some say it was, some say it wasn't. Not sure if Welsh did handball it, but you don't jump with your arms in the air in the penalty box. That's just asking for trouble.

Also not sure if Hamann tripped Jennings. If he did it looked outside the box, but it was difficult to see from where I was sitting.

The zoum red card was crazy. He actually got the ball and I couldn't see anything malicious in it. Shame, another bout on the sidelines, and really enjoyed seeing him back in the side.

Left Back

I agree Ian, I think Cresswell has done a good job this season but in my opinion Zoum showed us he should be our first choice at left back. As Zoum only has a one match ban I guess he's likely to return before Cresswell thus providing him the initiative of holding down a regular place.

I thought Blanchard protected the defence very well again and when he was forced to cover the left back role following Zoum's sending off we suffered as a result. With this in mind, I'd be inclined to switch the back four around as opposed to moving Blanchard there for the Carlisle game, especially away from home.

SonkORLY?

Player
Eddy Sonko
Cresswell has done nothing to deserve being dropped when fit.

Boz

Player
Iain Hume
I think you also after throw into the mix how poor Welsh is at set-pieces. We need Cresswell for that, although Zoum undoubtedly had a decent game on Saturday

Zoum

Yeah, only a personal opinion re-Zoum as I said previously. No complaints of Cressa so far in terms of set pieces and defending, just my own choice that Zoum adds an extra defensive dynmamic and fluent attacking threat.