• Nigel Adkins has been given the Tranmere job on a permanent basis signing until the end of the 25/26 season. Continue the discussion here.

League Two Rovers (0) v Wrexham (1)

Match result

• Tranmere

Votes: 2 20.0%
  • Draw

Votes: 6 60.0%
  • Wrexham

Votes: 2 20.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Rovers (0) v Wrexham (1)
Posted by Ian
Prenton Park
Saturday, September 2, 2023 - 12:30 PM
Until: Saturday, September 2, 2023 - 02:00 PM
(Adjusted for timezone: Europe/London)
Categories

Upcoming dates
All times have been adjusted for the timezone: Europe/London

This event has expired and has no upcoming dates

bigmart

bigmart
Player
Ian Muir
Wrexham pulled off the signing of Luke Armstrong from Harrogate late last night. Will be interesting if he’s registered to play.
He has to be registered by 12pm yesterday so won't play today

Sparky

Player
Chris Greenacre
Thought it may have been a typo and the new lad was involved but big luke warming up right now.

Boz

Player
Iain Hume
Hopeful news re Norris. If we are playing 4312, I’d have preferred Morris as the 1 ahead of Hawkes from those selected. The visitors look a big team, hope Rovers not muscled out of it.

Boz

Player
Iain Hume
Seems like 433 with Dennis out wide again. Torrid start for Rovers.

Ian

Super White!
Admin
Player
Aldo
Manager
Kingy
Dreadful half. No plan whatsoever apart from some desperate defending. I really don't know how Wrexham are not winning.

Exploiting the flanks again, there are massive holes in defence, not one man forward so when we do get the ball, there is no outlet. We also have no idea what to do with it once we get it past the half way line.

Boz

Player
Iain Hume
Miracle we’re not behind at h/t

Am on mobile

Player
Muir
Manager
King
This is rubish rovers please can they just put Daws out of his misery he out out of his depth

Player
Alan King, Barry Dyson
A shocker. If Sutton draw with FGR or Doncaster beat Swindon, we are in the relegation zone after just six games. We have lost five of them and not looked like winning any of them.

Player
Goodison
If Dawes stays much longer the damage will be terminal for the season.

He must be the worst manager in our history, failed as coach/assistant and somehow ended up also failing as manager. At least the other contenders such as Barnes at least had some credibility as ex players. Never thought we’d sink to this level of incompetence.

Parkinson should go as well - should have cleared the lot out when Mellon went. Adkins as interim and he finds the new manager (assuming he doesn’t want it).

Palios to go on holiday to Indonesia for a month with no internet connection whilst it’s all sorted out.

He also needs to stop the bs on the recruitment side and admit they’ve messed up - knowing for a year you will need two new first team full backs, and ending up with a collection of untried loan players and a central midfielder playing out of position is criminal.

Am on mobile

Player
Muir
Manager
King
Please just go another palios disaster and before any one has a go mark has done the club right but the manager's apart from mm first stint have all been sh#@t and yet again another rovers rubbish performance in front of loads of fans no chane many will come back Daws out

bigmart

bigmart
Player
Ian Muir
Credit to Wrexham they were very good and deserved to win by more.
We were absolutely woefull, we are so slow in possession it's embarrassing, the formation isn't working and Dawes has not got a clue. For a Derby there was no blood and thunder getting stuck in or anything it was so half hearted.
Mcgee Davies Connor and Taylor well played the rest awful or worse, a bad bad day and worrying

Boz

Player
Iain Hume
That was dire. No attempt by Dawes to make any significant tactical adjustments until the switch to 3 at the back around the hour mark. What wa the point of having Norris on the bench if he wasn’t fit to come on? As well as those bigmart names, thought Hendry and Merrie had ok games, but otherwise very disappointing. If Wrexham had a decent finisher fit would’ve won by 4 or more.

Player
Ged Brennan, Big Steve McNulty,
Manager
Mickey Mellon, Johnny King.
We were second best throughout!
Well done Wrexham, we were never in it!
I actually thought we were lucky to be nil!

The table never lies!

I did think our spine was okay! But we didn't create enough to give them a game!
Great atmosphere!

Player
Jason Koumas / John Morrissey
Manager
John King
I thought it was a woeful performance and highlighted the inadequacies of the manager.

In the Salford and Notts games we were overloaded in the wide areas due to the narrow 433, but inexplicably Dawes persisted with the same tactics again. As a result, their wing backs had the freedom of the pitch and McClean ran the game in the first half. Yet again, there was no in-game tactical change to help us get a foothold, and it was only through luck and some heroics from McGee that we went in level at half time. Anybody can make a mistake once, but only a fool will endlessly repeat it.

At half time the switch to 4411 came, but too late. We did look slightly better defensively in the second half, but still offered next to nothing going forward, and Wrexham's victory was deserved. They are a decent side, but we made them look like world beaters today due to the Sunday league level of incompetence of the manager. We have some talented players of our own, but they are being hopelessly poorly managed.

McGee was our clear man of the match, but I thought Jennings and Merrie also worked hard and had reasonable games.

Five defeats in the opening six matches must be the worst record of any manager in our history (without checking, I would guess the 1938-39 season is the only other occasion we may have performed so poorly). I don't think there will be an improvement until somebody competent is in the dugout.

Ian

Super White!
Admin
Player
Aldo
Manager
Kingy
I am absolutely fuming after that. If there was one game I didn't want to lose at home is was this one. Not only that, we were garbage. I think I've seen enough now. This setup should not be allowed to continue. We were clueless out there today and although Wrexham deserved to win, we still made them look good out there, that's how bad we were. This nonsense 433 does not work, it's a recipe for disaster. I agree with @roverstillidie looking ahead, if this continues, we'll be in big trouble.

dollar'sbloke

Player
morrissey
Manager
king
I cannot think of any pub manager who after a complete pummelling first half would keep three up watching the Alamo. Been coming for weeks very lucky it wasn't a cricket score