• Nigel Adkins has been given the Tranmere job on a permanent basis signing until the end of the 25/26 season. Continue the discussion here.

League Two Rovers (0) v Crewe (0)

Match result

• Tranmere

Votes: 6 60.0%
  • Draw

Votes: 3 30.0%
  • Crewe

Votes: 1 10.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Rovers (0) v Crewe (0)
Posted by Ian
Prenton Park
Saturday, February 3, 2024 - 03:00 PM
Until: Saturday, February 3, 2024 - 05:00 PM
(Adjusted for timezone: Europe/London)
Categories

Upcoming dates
All times have been adjusted for the timezone: Europe/London

This event has expired and has no upcoming dates

dollar'sbloke

Player
morrissey
Manager
king
Funny how we see the game differently.

I thought Wood was excellent.
Indeed, Wood had his best game for me and I am not a fan. The rest did a job against a better set up, we are still a patch up job.
No one is the answer to goal scoring in front of Jennings, that is the issue. In fact the irony is you bring in Norris, we failed to recruit an alternative, and the goal scoring is then down who plays off him and our best player MOTM for me yesterday almost certainly isn't the answer. Given our stellar midfield set up, Jennings would struggle to start- something the SWA would find difficult to understand.
Openings yesterday that failed to become chances, which confused Higgy, often were down to ostensibly poor crosses. It doesn't matter what LOC does with his aerial crosses, no centre forward means the big defenders eat them all afternoon. It was notable that Wood never put one in. Regardless Apter, Morris and Hendry tried it nothing doing. So they try pull backs hoping to find someone running on into space. This is foiled as the centre halves aren't drawn to the main target who doesn't exist, and the space never opens.
Put Norris in and Jennings will score as he will find room in the air as well as on the deck, just like Hemmings would have. How Jennings or Dennis fare remains to be seen, I'd guess the latter would prove the best partner.
Our best prospect as Apter isn't our ours, Taylor remains a mystery to me.