• Nigel Adkins has been given the Tranmere job on a permanent basis signing until the end of the 25/26 season. Continue the discussion here.

Ronnie Leaves

lonerover

Player
Johnny Morrissey
Just announced Ronnie Moore contract terminated!!

Not the best move in my opinion....as now not only will we probably lose some of the players who we've offered contracts to, but we're now looking for a new management team as well as half a new team!!

I just hope if this is PJ wanting to make the club more attractive to a buyer he has a good manager mind and a bit of cash to invest in the team.

Personally I would like to say thanks Ronnie, think you did a great job with what you had to work with and good luck for the future.

Player
andy taylor
ye cant believe he's left!! wish him all the best and feel he's been a bit hard done by to be honest:-({|=:-({|= whose going to take over?? mike newls not in contract at the moment[-o<[-o<

Chris

Player
Bas Savage
I'm really surprised the club has decided to let him go. We over achieved last season and I thought ronnie did a great job to get us so close to the play offs, he has been very hard done by!!

Player
Goodison
He did a good job at stabilising the club after Little's last season and he built the foundations of a good team. I was never Ronnie's biggest fan but he did well to stabilise the club and made some excellent signings. Good luck in the future Ronnie - thanks for everything.

Who next?! Step forward Theo Whitmore or Ian Goodison to be the next manager!

Player
Jimmy Harvey
What is going on!!!!!!!!!!!!!
What a stupid thing to do. We have just lost our number 2 (which now makes some sense) we have players out of contract, we need to bring players in. Whoever we bring in will have to get to know the players who are here before making any signings thus letting the best free players go to other clubs! Very short sighted by the club. Ronnie has done a good job on a shockingly tight budget, and yes we missed out on the playoffs but look at the clubs that finished ahead of us. All have money and large budgets. A mate of mine supports Millwall and said that they have a million quid to spend on wages alone in the close season.
The only thing I can say is I hope that PJ has some master plan up his sleeve e.g knows already who he wants in charge and is prepared to dig deep to give him funds to spend. The club have blamed him not making the playoffs and the fact that attendances have been falling, dont really think that the crowd is Ronnies fault. Am seriously miffed off if the club are not careful then we could be in it up to our necks this season..........125th anniversary my arse!:evil:

Player
Goodison
Just heard a rumour that Barnes and McAteer are been lined up - GOD NO!!!!!!!!!!!!!! ](*,)](*,)](*,)](*,)](*,)](*,)

Player
Goodison
Football Manager could be a hard task next season - no money, no players, no fans and no coaches! Ian Moore is off now as well apparently.

muhalo

Player
Pat Nevin
Lunch ruined

Unbelievable. Emailing the club now, just taking out every second expletive. To blame Ronnie Moore for attendances is ridiculous. They may as well blame him for unemployment. I fear I already know which "new direction" PJ is now taking us.

Player
Jimmy Harvey
Right have calmed down a bit now. :cold:

I find this whole situation a little bit puzzling, why allow Ronnie to sign Allott then sack him? Cant help thinking something has gone on behind closed doors. The thing is tho who are we going to get in? Already seen some names such as Barnes, Jewell, Coppell but to be honest can you really see any of these coming to us? I mean what can we offer them? You can almost picture the interview:

Peter J: Right this is what we can offer you, half a team with the best players gone already on a free to other clubs, no transfer kitty, no money for wages, small attendances (That you must get above 10,000 or else) we dont have an assisstant for you who already kknows the players you have left, and for all intense and purposes I am not really the club chairman, in fact we havent got one! Despite this do you fancy the job? Oh and if you dont get us prommoted asap we will be interviewing again!

As I said in an earlier post all I am hoping is that this is part of some master plan now PJ is back at the helm and he already has a manager lined up, who in turn has already earmarked the players he wants, including those who are out of contract, and he is going to spend a little money to allow us to challenge with some of the big hitters in the division. However I have a sinking feeling in the pit of my stomach and wonder if administration may be on the horizon...........8-[

evo_trfc

I am absolutley seething - The club massively over acheived last year, make no mistake about it anything above lower mid table would have been an achievement last year. If in business you over acheive you don't get sacked! The reasons the gates are so low is because you can't compete with Liverpool and Everton and we don't have that wow factor in any of the players!

And now we have sold our best player in Kay, Barnett and Jennings are on their way. We don't have a striker in the club who will score twenty goals. 18 goals have already gone in Sonko and Kay Leaving.

We need 6 championship quality players if we want anychance of making the playoffs next time around.

If we only bring in 4 more players we are as good as down because we won't be able to compete!

If the club appoint some unproven tw@ or an ex player I'm seriously tempted to leave the club all together no way am i putting any more money into the club when they are trying to run it into the ground!

However to give a balanced point of view as Johnson is trying to sell - and makes a bit of money availabe to the new manager to invest then you have to accept that as that would be more beneficial to the club! but at the precise moment in time i am not happy at all.

If he is going to do that then why didnt we make more money available to keep Kay Barnett and Jennigs and then further invest into the playing squad

We need new (GOOD) players fast

It's always 3 steps forward 25 back with this club!

Thank you Ronnie that was one hell of an acheivement last year!

( on a seperate note does it bother anyone else when someone says he's not very good on football manager so i'm not impressed! IF you are seriously going to judge a player based on his stats on footie manager and fifa then you should be sectioned under the stupid prick act! )

Player
Jimmy Harvey
ha ha ha evo:lol::lol::lol: First time ive smiled since the news broke!

Ian

Super White!
Admin
Player
Aldo
Manager
Kingy
Wow, didn't see that coming.
But it's not looking good is it.. Falling attendances have been a big problem, we've been saying that for ages, but the club needs to actually do something about it instead of arsing around. Since we dropped down to division one, they've made no attempt to get us back up there hence the drop in quality on the field and attendances.

I think the club is in a right mess behind the scenes. Not enough money coming in, too much going out..

Agree with Chris. We did averachieve last season when you look at the squad we had, but at the end of the day, it's not good enough. Another season in div 1 and more debts piling up. Not sure what direction they are taking the club, I just hope PJ has a masterplan!

Player
Jimmy Harvey
Am still a little bit unsure about what has gone on here. Was reading an article in the Beb news about Ronnie beginning to look for a new assistant so it doesnt sound like he had any idea what was about to happen, so I really dont think this has been planned at all. Perhaps some sort of bust up?
Anyway whats done is done, who do we think may be coming in, a lot of people are backing Jim Gannon.

Well Well Well, I for one am very happy at the news that this one trick pony of a manager has finally bit the big one.
Lets face it, he has hardly ignited the passion of the football loving folk of the wirral with his up and under style of play. His tactics whilst playing away would make the Italian Army feel proud….

Lets rejoice in the fact that we will no longer have Oldham and Rotheram as our feeder clubs (sorry forgot he sneaked in Mark Allot as a parting gift) and who knows we might just get out of the malais of the past few years. We need a manager who is going to at least try and entertain us poor lot, there are plenty of quality players out there who are available and would love to join our beloved club.

Personally I think that this sacking has a lot to do with Ronnie's reluctance to sanction the new 125 year commemorative kit design, he was said to be unhappy at the way Vandanel had suggested quality fabric, something stylish for a change perhaps with the look of a £40 shirt. "No" he said "its got to be cr@p or I'm off."

Coppell might just surprise us all by coming back to his roots and sorting out the club we love, I doubt it though but we can always live in hope……

I for one will be lifting a glass to the manager who has took this club as far as he could, which was basically nowhere and leave them in the same division as he found them. Goodbye Ronnie and please shut the door on the way out.

Come on the whites!!! :) :) :)

Player
Jimmy Harvey
Another strong rumour going across message boards is John Barnes and Macateer. Dumb and Dumber!!

Player
Johnny Morrissey
Not sure why he has been sacked. Although from the sounds of an interview in the Echo today where he was saying he doubted the players out of contract would re-sign etc as players will be offered more money elsewhere.

Let me put 2 and 2 together and say he might have fallen out with PJ over this which has led to him being fired today. Over budgets, players etc. Only reason I can see, cos i dont buy this attendance nonsense. He had a reasonably successful side but the people of the Wirral wouldn't recognise a good thing if it bit them on the arse. They DONT WANNA support their local side and not a lot else Ronnie could have done to persuade them really.

Boz

Player
Iain Hume
While I wasn't his greatest fan, last season we punched above our weight and the quality of the football improved. The decline in attendances was due to other things. Sounds like some fall-out behind the scenes. This will hamper building up a squad for the new season and I haven't a clue who'll want the job and is capable even of equalling last season.

SonkORLY?

Player
Eddy Sonko
Well Well Well, I for one am very happy at the news that this one trick pony of a manager has finally bit the big one.
Lets face it, he has hardly ignited the passion of the football loving folk of the wirral with his up and under style of play. His tactics whilst playing away would make the Italian Army feel proud….

Lets rejoice in the fact that we will no longer have Oldham and Rotheram as our feeder clubs (sorry forgot he sneaked in Mark Allot as a parting gift) and who knows we might just get out of the malais of the past few years. We need a manager who is going to at least try and entertain us poor lot, there are plenty of quality players out there who are available and would love to join our beloved club.

Personally I think that this sacking has a lot to do with Ronnie's reluctance to sanction the new 125 year commemorative kit design, he was said to be unhappy at the way Vandanel had suggested quality fabric, something stylish for a change perhaps with the look of a £40 shirt. "No" he said "its got to be cr@p or I'm off."

Coppell might just surprise us all by coming back to his roots and sorting out the club we love, I doubt it though but we can always live in hope……

I for one will be lifting a glass to the manager who has took this club as far as he could, which was basically nowhere and leave them in the same division as he found them. Goodbye Ronnie and please shut the door on the way out.

Come on the whites!!! :) :) :)

LOL, do one mate. Both you and PJ.

Unbelievable!

Just how can Ronnie be blamed for falling gates? The country is in a recession, that stadium could do with a lick of paint and even when we lowered the entry to £5 the gate was not as expected.
Ronnis has doen a tremedous job with the squad that he has, and i feel the board have taken a huge risk given that the majority of supporters were in full support of his reign.