• Nigel Adkins has been given the Tranmere job on a permanent basis signing until the end of the 25/26 season. Continue the discussion here.

Pre-season 10-11

Status
Not open for further replies.

bigmart

bigmart
Player
Ian Muir
A big problem is Ash has had an operation on his knee and will be out between 4-6 weeks or 3 months depending on what procedure was used

Ian

Super White!
Admin
Player
Aldo
Manager
Kingy
Yeah, and we also have Mahon (knee), Goodison (knee), Broomes (achilles) and Cathalina (achilles) injured. Not great when you only have a small squad. No wonder Les is still looking for a centre back.

Player
Johnny morrissey
I didnt go last night but did Les stick to the 4-3-3 - and presumably how did the front 3 fit in, i.e. was Bojang playing wide ?

Similar question with this Willemsen (probably spelt wrong) - did he play as part of the front 3 ?

Bojang Played down the middle for most of the 1st half but did swap places with ITM on a few occasions, he is full of pace and tricks:-D

Willemsen played down the right & put 3 quality balls in i was really impressed with him, not seen crossing like that at PP since Mogsy left!!!

If we could only sign one then i would go for Willemsen, just for the end product!!
But a front 3 of Bojang, ITM & Willemsen would be nice:-D

TRFCJason

Player
John Aldridge
To be fair, from the reports i've read from last night i'd sign all 3 trailists.. i'm just not sure we could afford it..

Player
Dave Challinor
Last night

Thought it was a good game, forest played a lot of football but all in front for our back four.

I don't see what happened with Goodison, but he usually carries on so who knows?????????????

The kid at right back looked alright, Strickland (good first half, couple of mistakes second but overall good). Wood didn't do much, scored but thats it. Bojang only played first half - got a knock towards half time, had some nice touches and is pretty quick!!!!!!!

Labadie looked energetic and had 3 or 4 lovely cross field passes. Agree that wilhelmsen was quality (top crosses).

All in all good except to Dale 'i'm a hothead' Jennings, rightly being subbed after 5 mins for a pair of two footed lunges..............idiot. #-o

Would have liked to have seen a few more of the kids, Fraughan maybe but am going Chester game so will see.

bigmart

bigmart
Player
Ian Muir
ash is out for between 3-4 months, really bad news the squad is wafer thin

Ian

Super White!
Admin
Player
Aldo
Manager
Kingy
Sad for him as he was one of our young stars last season. Hopefully he recovers well and is back sooner than we think.

amplesou

Banned
Player
Dave Higgins
the release of edds and savages as i predicted looked a very poor one at the time and i still stand by this view!
2 players who where very settled at this club and would have fulfilled more potential next season !
chance gone !
gonna regret this for sure

M

Mal

As you predicted Notts Forest would hammer Tranmere in the friendly, I think I'd have to take your latest negativity with a pinch of salt

Ian

Super White!
Admin
Player
Aldo
Manager
Kingy
amplesou being negative?! never .. :-#

Boz

Player
Iain Hume
Savage didn't come close to scoring in the time he played last season and I think is currently on trial at L2 newcomers Stevenage, so no great loss. Edds I would have kept for his versatility, but again nobody saw to snap him up.

The pre-season schedule hasn't enabled me to make any games so far...perhaps Shrewsbury at the weekend, so it's hard to reach any conclusions. The results seem an improvement on Barnes' last year, but through no fault of Les, it seems likely that there will be a lot of last minute ducking and diving to cobble a squad together.

Player
Alan King, Barry Dyson
Whereabouts in the Faroes are you going? I visited about 15 years ago, when most of the islands were linked by ferries. Think tunnels have replaced most of them now.

More interesting than talking about Rovers non-signings:roll:
I've just got back from my holiday today. Unfortunately, I wasn't in the Faroe Islands very long. It's an interesting country - lots of islands with hills and cliffs - and hardly any trees. Yes, they have built lots of tunnels through mountains and under rivers to make driving much easier.

I was lucky that my tour guide was mad on football, as are most people on the islands. How else could they support a national league of 18 teams with a population only 50,000 (less than Wallasey!)? He rates Gunnar Nielsen, who seems to be the local star. He showed us the national stadium - capacity 6,000! So Gunnar will have to get used to playing in front of the huge crowds we get at Prenton :lol:. How appropriate that the only English club with a Norse name has signed a player whose native language (Faroese) is descended from Old Norse.

Status
Not open for further replies.